Longhorns 2015 Thread

Baron

I figure since fall camp has officially started we could start a thread for the 2015 season. Any news, other than recruiting, someone might have can be posted here instead of the spring thread.

I'll start with news that I'm sure everyone has heard

Camrhon NCAA Hughes is officially gone

Erik Huhn has taken a medical scholarship

Merrick is now on scholarship and no longer a grayshirt

WR Garrett Gray has been switched to TE and is up to 226 lbs

Still waiting on the clearinghouse for Major and Clairington although Strong seems to think they will be cleared sometime before the season starts.

Anybody else have anything?

Thanks for making this thread Baron!

From the sound of some observers at yesterday's practice, here are the freshmen that are running with the 1s!

Malik (no surprise)

WR John Burt (not exclusively but getting some reps with the 1s)

OL Connar Williams (won his spot in spring)

CB Kris Boyd (playing opposite of Duke)

Lots of people raving about his athleticism at the TE position! I hear that he may very well play a lot and early on.

I'm still reading where a lot of Aggies think he should be playing lb. dude has great speed, athleticism and hands. He'll make an impact this season.

I'm still reading where a lot of Aggies think he should be playing lb. dude has great speed, athleticism and hands. He'll make an impact this season.

That's probably because LB is a position of need for them. Our LB group is in better shape and I believe McNeal wanted offense the whole way.

That's probably because LB is a position of need for them. Our LB group is in better shape and I believe McNeal wanted offense the whole way.

He reminds me of a Nate Askew clone. A kid with the athleticism to play a big WR, Hback, or te but also could be effective at LB. especially in space. I don't think it's that A&M thought he was a LB, it's just they have better players than him at his other two positions of WR and Hback so LB kind of fit better for him if he was going to A&M. I too think he made the right choice to play te at Texas.

He reminds me of a Nate Askew clone. A kid with the athleticism to play a big WR, Hback, or te but also could be effective at LB. especially in space. I don't think it's that A&M thought he was a LB, it's just they have better players than him at his other two positions of WR and Hback so LB kind of fit better for him if he was going to A&M. I too think he made the right choice to play te at Texas.

I see why the Aggies passed on him then.

Texas freshman LB Cecil Cherry reportedly considering transferring. No official reason given yet, but they say he may be homesick. I know that happens often when players go so far away from home, so perhaps he ultimately decides to stay. If he does leave, he's rumored to go to South Florida.

Texas freshman LB Cecil Cherry reportedly considering transferring. No official reason given yet, but they say he may be homesick. I know that happens often when players go so far away from home, so perhaps he ultimately decides to stay. If he does leave, he's rumored to go to South Florida.

So the Florida 5 is now the Florida 1?

So the Florida 5 is now the Florida 1?

At this time, he's only considering. So until he actually leaves, he's still a Longhorn. That said, Clarington is still expected to be there by the start of the season, just waiting on NCAA clearance.

At this time, he's only considering. So until he actually leaves, he's still a Longhorn. That said, Clarington is still expected to be there by the start of the season, just waiting on NCAA clearance.

90% of clearinghouse cases that make it this long into the process usually never turn out good.

90% of clearinghouse cases that make it this long into the process usually never turn out good.

Do you know how often kids get homesick when they go off to school, especially as far from home as he is? If 90% of them actually left, there would be a much higher transfer rate. I'm not sure where you pulled that number from...although I have an idea, lol....but I'd be willing to bet it is much lower than that.

Do you know how often kids get homesick when they go off to school, especially as far from home as he is? If 90% of them actually left, there would be a much higher transfer rate. I'm not sure where you pulled that number from...although I have an idea, lol....but I'd be willing to bet it is much lower than that.

I said clearinghouse. Not transfers.

And it's not "official" I guess. But I follow recruiting very closely. 90% is of the cases in my memory. Not many kids in my recollection get cleared this late. But by all means superscott, prove me wrong if you know of a high percentage of examples and can list them.

I said clearinghouse. Not transfers.

And it's not "official" I guess. But I follow recruiting very closely. 90% is of the cases in my memory. Not many kids in my recollection get cleared this late. But by all means superscott, prove me wrong if you know of a high percentage of examples and can list them.

I thought you were referring to Cherry.

As for getting NCAA clearance then, I can't remember who it was...perhaps someone can help me....but Texas actually just had a player a year or two ago that didn't get clearance until August 16.