Cross Roads Football

TheWoodDogs

How many games did you attend last year, and actually watch the defense last year? I can honestly say I attended every single game and had a firsthand account.

What's your point? I don't need to watch any games to know how it is in CR. Until there's some legitimate parent support of ALL coaches, it'll be the same story, different year type of deal. You'll see...

I know a coach who worked at Cross Roads for 2 seasons, and he said it was the worst two of his life. He did not even bother to hope for a contract renewal, 6 weeks after his second year started, he started applying for other jobs. He said that there is a certain couple of families that he did not mention and said they are some of the most vile and entitled people on the earth and cannot just leave the school admins alone and let them do their jobs. He said many times he just wanted to walk out and not come back. He had to go into therapy and take anti-depressant medication because he was sick of the way they were being treated and he told me he would fantasize about punching out a certain parent and said if he would not ruin his career he would have just pummeled this guy and another family patriarch. He had no issues and was such a pleasant guy in regards to emotions, but he was so full of rage after his 2 years there, and if you know this guy like I do, you would never think he would ever say some of the stuff he told me, but after two years off from coaching and teaching he went back and coaches in the metroplex and is very happy. He did say if he ever got a head coaching job at a smaller school he would schedule Cross Roads and try his best to score 100 and then autograph the Football with the score written on it after the game and give it to these two mentioned families.

I guess it is pretty bad there.

Did I really just see Frost "smack" talk?

I would shoot myself if that is what got me excited about football

a few years ago, frost was a fumbled snap away from the state game.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL

But what about the "new found optimism", does that not count for ANYTHING?

Hey Puckket, did you attend the homecoming victory for Crossroads.(first one in 7 years I will add.) Looks like the new found optimism is well placed. A great defensive performance that included 4 interceptions one that was returned for 104 yards. Better jump on this train before it leaves the station.

Hey Puckket, did you attend the homecoming victory for Crossroads.(first one in 7 years I will add.) Looks like the new found optimism is well placed. A great defensive performance that included 4 interceptions one that was returned for 104 yards. Better jump on this train before it leaves the station.

Lmao, you were doing good till you came back on this website. CR will go 0-fer district. You've beaten Overton and Dawson who has lost 52 straight games. Hardly any train to jump on up there in the Roads, especially when you lose to Moody.

Say what u want about CR football...they're winning more than we are. Not much O but their D swarmed and gang tackled. U don't have to score as much when u play good defense. It's a simple plan we cant seem to grasp.

Not taking anything away from CR...our OL played terrible...have not seen them play that bad all year...

Say what u want about CR football...they're winning more than we are. Not much O but their D swarmed and gang tackled. U don't have to score as much when u play good defense. It's a simple plan we cant seem to grasp.

7ac.jpg

more like cross roads needs to be shut down period.

Why should it be shut down period? We are showing promise in basketball, we took 31 to region in UIL academics, won state in debate, had winning show projects in major shows, did well in LDE and CDE events in FFA, had a impressive heifer team, FCCLA did well, baseball has an alright history even though we missed playoffs last year, this year's graduating class has more promise than most before it, but a bad history with football coaches equals us needing to be shut down? Doesn't make much sense.

^I can definitely appreciate your pride in your school. stay thirsty my friend.

If it was false pride, I'd be stupid, but its not. The one place we have ALWAYS struggled in is football. . Which btw, we are optimistic about the current season and are looking to continue our good start. Nothing else has a had a consistently bad history. We are successful in a multitude of other things, but WoodDogs, BillyClyde, and more than few others would just like to say "Welp, they fired another one so the school is worthless". Being reasonable is the issue at hand. You can't put your hand in the pot when we fail and stick your head in the sand when we succeed. and I'll finish my statement like everyone else on here that has some ill-hearted thing to say...."But really, I could NOT care less". Lol, okay.