Mount Pleasant @ Paris

budmanmpfan

MP slightly better than last year, but looks like another oh-fer watch to me. Hard to assess Paris performance tonight, One of those ugly games where you wish both sides would call it quits in the second half and say "We're not getting anything out of this." It didn't look like anybody got hurt. That's a positive, I guess.

MP gets L-E next. Ouch!

A season or two like last year for MP and I've seen football programs disintegrate because good athletes quit coming out for football.

I believe in every school there are kids walking the hallways that could help a program. When you get a job like in MP you have to sell your program and recruit every kid that might even be interested in playing then start building your program from the 6th grade on up. Gotta give this guy a few years to see if he can. It can't get ant worse.

What happend to that great O-line in company?

Apparently the Paris Wildcats happened. Liberty Eylau will be what happens next.

A season or two like last year for MP and I've seen football programs disintegrate because good athletes quit coming out for football.

Sounds like where Pine Tree is trying to avoid.

Idk if it's any different now...but I know in the past MP has had ZERO interest in trying to recruit the Mexican pop to come out for football...and considering the soccer team is the most dominant and consistent program that school has ever had, I'd say there's definitely athletes they could use. Just gotta swallow your pride and go get them!

Has anyone ever heard of a ref calling a timeout for a team without anyone on that team calling a timeout? Apparently the refs charged Paris a TO last night because a player didn't put his mouth piece in after an official told him to...

Could be another long season for Mount Pleasant. 0-11 now..

That makes me wonder what the record for consecutive losses to open your coaching career at a school is.

Was hoping for MP to be improved this year. Lot of good people up there. But ouch ouch ouch.

MP is definitely improved. People will struggle with their run game (idk what the injury to the starting RB Holloman is, but the back up is pretty much the exact same kid)...If they can find a bigger back to compliment then the O should just forget about the pass and go 2006-2007 MP Tigers where nearly everything was straight handoff behind a big OL. Those two teams made the playoffs (in a significantly easier district, but when only 3 teams got in).

Idk if it's any different now...but I know in the past MP has had ZERO interest in trying to recruit the Mexican pop to come out for football...and considering the soccer team is the most dominant and consistent program that school has ever had, I'd say there's definitely athletes they could use. Just gotta swallow your pride and go get them!

Has anyone ever heard of a ref calling a timeout for a team without anyone on that team calling a timeout? Apparently the refs charged Paris a TO last night because a player didn't put his mouth piece in after an official told him to...

Its way different now in the aspect of trying to get the "soccer boys" recruited to play football. It doesn't help that these kids played only 1 year in jr high (some not even that b/c they have soccer YEAR ROUND). Not to mention if you're brand new to football and get frustrated that you aren't excelling as well as you did playing soccer, kids jump ship pretty quick.

I've said it before and I will continue to say it, people on the outside of MP know ZERO PERCENT about everything this new coaching staff is doing for the BETTERMENT of the entire athletics department of MP. The atmosphere for the football program is nothing like it used to be. Everything people said needed to start happening 4,5,6 years ago is happening. But things can't be done in 2 years. I hate to tell people. It's more like 3-4 years you need.

Now on the aspect of charging a team a timeout for a player not putting his mouth-piece in after being told to....I think that's an official just trying to flex. Just tell the coach that kid has to come out for one play.

From what i heard on the radio is basically MP had a lot of trouble tackling. They shot themselves in the foot with turnovers too. Cant throw 3 or 4 ints and expect to beat a good team. If they can get their footing, they moght be ok. The defense definitely needs to step up the game to have chance to go to the playoffs in thos district.

From what i heard on the radio is basically MP had a lot of trouble tackling. They shot themselves in the foot with turnovers too. Cant throw 3 or 4 ints and expect to beat a good team. If they can get their footing, they moght be ok. The defense definitely needs to step up the game to have chance to go to the playoffs in thos district.

With that many interceptions it would be tough on any defense to keep score down having to be on field for so long.

I'm not questioning that he's doing positive things and creating a good atmosphere...I'm questioning how he handled the last 3 minutes of the first half.

Sorry. Guess I took it the wrong way when you said "just gotta swallow your pride and go out and get 'em" when you were talking about all the soccer athletes that could help out.

No clue about what the last 3 mins of the 1st half is about...I couldn't tune into the game nor was I there, but I'll say this: I bet there's a good explanation for whatever happened.

That makes me wonder what the record for consecutive losses to open your coaching career at a school is.

Chawn Cooper (good man, in a bad situation) went 0-20 with us before Coach Sedberry came back. I don't know what the record is, but MP's coach hasn't gotten there yet.

Its way different now in the aspect of trying to get the "soccer boys" recruited to play football. It doesn't help that these kids played only 1 year in jr high (some not even that b/c they have soccer YEAR ROUND). Not to mention if you're brand new to football and get frustrated that you aren't excelling as well as you did playing soccer, kids jump ship pretty quick.

I've said it before and I will continue to say it, people on the outside of MP know ZERO PERCENT about everything this new coaching staff is doing for the BETTERMENT of the entire athletics department of MP. The atmosphere for the football program is nothing like it used to be. Everything people said needed to start happening 4,5,6 years ago is happening. But things can't be done in 2 years. I hate to tell people. It's more like 3-4 years you need.

Now on the aspect of charging a team a timeout for a player not putting his mouth-piece in after being told to....I think that's an official just trying to flex. Just tell the coach that kid has to come out for one play.

Didnt he get rid of every male coach except soccer?