Lindale vs Chapel Hill

firstandgoal

Might as well get this one started...thoughts on this game?

Lindale was impressive in this game last year. They came out and took control of this game early on last year and got the win. The defense shut Chapel Hill down.

But Lindale does have a new defensive coordinator this year and are running a new system. We lost our best 2 linebackers to graduation, so there are BIG shoes to fill there. Our secondary should be pretty tough and our DLine too.

Our QB is much more experienced than he was last year. He's not real fast/mobile, but he's very smart and makes good decisions under pressure. We have a wide receiver, Kendrick Price that has the potential to be really good. And our running back, Ryan Taylor was the brightest spot on our offense last year and should have a big year as a senior.

Chapel Hill started out slow last year before putting together a nice playoff run. I look for them to be much improved all around from where they were the first game of the season last year.

Cautiously optimistic about CH. Lots of returning skill players on offense and defense. O and D lines will be a question mark. We do return a stud OT however. New DC but second year running the 3-4, hopefully that bodes well for some defensive improvement. "New" OC but he was here during our state title runs. Don't think the offense will change much overall.....should be improved if anything.

Should be a good game....excited for the season to start!

Any word on how CH looked in their scrimmages? I know we got roasted pretty good by Gladewater last week. Talk about some athletes. I'm pretty sure we lost the controlled part to Hallsville last night 3-1 or 4-1 (got the info from my son, but can't remember now what he said) and that the live part was tied 14-14.

I think our offense will be able to put some points on the board. The question will be our defense. We struggled in both our scrimmages even slowing down Gladewater and Hallsville's first team offenses. We're going to have to get some stops to keep this game within reach. Hoping for a Lindale win.

Chapel hill is battling some key injuries but I still see them winning this game pretty easily.

CH 42

Lindale 21

Chapel hill returns several skill position that should make the difference. QB and receiver play will be crucial to there success

They will have a fast defense as usual