Hallsville @ Carthage

EtxAT

And blew it! Still not something I would say "the better team lost." The better team beat the lesser team. Carthage may be better in week 7 than Hallsville, but you won't know and you can't proclaim that Carthage is better because it was settled on the field.

Yes, Clearly they blew it; they struggled the entire game against Hallsville's size & speed. No argument there, however, they very nearly beat that larger school that was penalized Repeatedly for unsportsmanlike personal fouls. One player was even Ejected for it in the second half. For Hallsville to have escaped Bulldog Stadium with a very slim 1 point win speaks more to Hallsville's weakness than Carthage's.

And blew it! Still not something I would say "the better team lost." The better team beat the lesser team. Carthage may be better in week 7 than Hallsville, but you won't know and you can't proclaim that Carthage is better because it was settled on the field.

Btw, I never made the claim that Carthage was the "better team", perhaps you were speaking to someone else.

Carthage plays larger schools to GET better; The plan has proven successful. Folks don't remember first game losses nearly as much as they remember State Championships.😎

Btw, I never made the claim that Carthage was the "better team", perhaps you were speaking to someone else.

Carthage plays larger schools to GET better; The plan has proven successful. Folks don't remember first game losses nearly as much as they remember State Championships.😎

Oh I know it wasn't you. Sorry that i.said "you" in my post. The person I was saying it to will never admit that Hallsville was better

To all you Carthage "Homers". Hallsville would have won by 2 touchdowns if they had let #29 run all night. I believe they held him back to keep him from getting hurt while they had the lead.

Carthage will be fine and had several opportunities to win the game. However, the better team did win.

• Like 1

To all you Carthage "Homers". Hallsville would have won by 2 touchdowns if they had let #29 run all night. I believe they held him back to keep him from getting hurt while they had the lead.

Carthage will be fine and had several opportunities to win the game. However, the better team did win.

Reading Comprehension is not taught in Hallsville, is it?

Hallsville won the game and showed the Dawgs what needs to be worked on. There is no better team in the first ball game of the year. Hallsville won because they made fewer mistakes than the Dawgs did. The Dawgs will get better each week and by the time district rolls around they will be hitting on all cylinders. Playing Hallsville makes the Dawgs better, playing Lindale will make them better. You people will be watching the Dawgs play in December this year. They have everything it takes and coach S will fit all the pieces together in time to make a run at number FIVE. The Dawgs had almost 600 yards of offense and lost by one point, that should tell you what this Dawg team can do once they put everything together. Oh by the way Oldtownag, there were three dropped passes that dang sure would have been touch downs, whether you want to admit it or not. God Bless player, coaches and fans.

And Carthage would've fared better if 44 had gotten more touches. See how that works? What ifs don't matter.

I have came to the conclusion that we can never make any other posters understand what we see every year since Surratt has been here. I understand that. There is nothing anybody can say that would make most if not all of Carthage fans and posters believe that we wouldn't beat Hallsville handily later in the season. But I also understand why people are skeptical. Why would people that don't watch the team and hasn't really seen the job Surratt and the staff have done in the past. Doesn't matter. Carthage fans and posters can believe what they want, and other people can believe what they want. I'm pretty sure Carthage will be playing in December. IMO Carthage had the superior team, but failed to execute. The one and only fact is Hallsville was the better team Friday night, and they start off there season 1-0. Hope we continue the series. I think it's good for both schools to play each other and get better. Good luck to Hallsville this season. Would love to see you guys get a playoff spot.

Actually read the post. I stated very clearly Hallsville was the better team in those exact words. You read what you want to.

Oh I can read sir... Please read it yourself. I don't care that you try to contradict it by back handing Hallsville by saying "oh you were only better than us Friday."

See the facts are that you played Friday. You lost Friday. Hallsville is/was the better team, 2 years running.

The homer in you uses an inconclusive hypothesis that "Carthage would beat the cat #### out of those kittens late in the season."

I choose to use real outcomes, not something I imagined while playing Tecmo Bowl...

• Like 1

I will once again congratulate hallsville on the win. You won it. You won't hear if's and but's from me...Thanks for giving the dawgs some good competition year in and year out to get ready for our district play. Yes, we almost stole one...almost. The better team won last night. I feel quite confident my dawgs will still be playing ball when folks are singing jingle bells...hopefully hallsville will, too. It only makes us look better.

• Like 1