Trinity knocks off # 1 in the Nation Da La Salle 26-21

85lobooldschool

it was a very good night at Newsome stadium except for the long lighting delay. two good games 4 great teams. Arlington Martin was by far the must impressive team this night. they has Desoto 32 -0 before Desoto ever got their offensive going. wasn't a very good first game for their new coach. Trinity's new coach really had them ready and did a good job of making game adjustments at halftime. By the way Martin beat Allen 25-23 in their only scrimmage before the season began so they are for real. They play Dallas Skyline this week so they are going after all the big boys. would not be suprised to see them go deep into the playoffs again this year. DSl is a very good team do not sell them short. they can really run the football and will do very good the rest of the year.

DLS had a ton of speed. Trinity just gritted it out more and came out with the win. They never quit.

DLS is at an advantage to the public schools because they can bring in players while the public schools have boundaries to observe.

Trinity's opponent next week, IMG Academy is a football factory, plain and simple. Their QB "transferred" from Calvary in Shreveport. I hope Trinity takes it to them next week as well. I don't believe the private schools should be ranked anywhere with the public schools because the field is not level.

DeSoto plays IMG next week, not Trinity. After the shellacking Martin gave DeSoto last night, I think IMG takes it easily.

I'm proud for Trinity and the state of Texas but I've watched De La Salle play a handful of times in the past 8-10 years and they made some uncharacterisic errors last night. More than in every other game I've seen them play put together, in fact. Cant help but think them having a new head coach in his first game had something to do with it. That exact De La Salle team coached by Bob Ladoceur wins that game in my opinion.

Lad is still on staff and works out of the press box instead of the field. He was in the box last night. Dont think he isnt calling the shots.

Ive been watching DLS off and on since 1999. Back then they had the BESt O line I had ever seen to this day. Lots of changes the last 10 years with the perceptions of recruiting players. The people running the school changed, and they didnt like that perception, and pretty much put a lid on it, hence the reason you dont see them stacked with multiple D1's anymore.

Up until 2004 they were a well oiled machine. But it does help when you have players from a metro area the size of the east San Fran Bay area.

Lad is still on staff and works out of the press box instead of the field. He was in the box last night. Dont think he isnt calling the shots.

Ive been watching DLS off and on since 1999. Back then they had the BESt O line I had ever seen to this day. Lots of changes the last 10 years with the perceptions of recruiting players. The people running the school changed, and they didnt like that perception, and pretty much put a lid on it, hence the reason you dont see them stacked with multiple D1's anymore.

Up until 2004 they were a well oiled machine. But it does help when you have players from a metro area the size of the east San Fran Bay area.

Well said man. I didnt know Lad was still on the staff. But yeah... Lots of uncharacteristic mistakes for DLS last night. They were a well oiled machine at times in the past. But I also agree that aside from 1 or 2 big time opponents a year, their schedule is cake. They could not go undefeated or even win the district consistently in one of the strong metroplex 5A/6A districts. Their home stadium seats like 1200 people... Football is just different out there.

• Like 1

They're a private school so wouldn't be surprising.

Pretty much every other state outside of Texas is dominated by private schools (big reason why everyone threw a huge fit about letting Jesuit playing in the UIL).

Lot of truth to this. I live in michigan but from MP. I live in a town with 3 high schools. 2 public 1 private. The private school recruits and would destroy the other 2 even tho they are the size of Longview.