New Boston at Pleasant Grove (Week 2)

BlackBeard

As a Pitt fan, watching the game Friday night , I saw two much improved teams from last year. P G has a lot of team speed and kids that play hard and just because they lost to us doesn't mean that are not very good. They got beat by a strong Pirate team that even we aren't use to watching. P G will win this one .

Pg has Athletes now they are better than you think Pitt is much improved and they stayed in that game with their QB going down PG dad is a little over the head the Homer type but PG has talent my prediction is PG by 17

PG may be improved and have athletes...but they are nowhere near Atlanta lol. I was just saying I think NB can stay in this game and maybe even pull it out. PG just lost their starting QB/safety for the season also. The NB/Atlanta score was ugly, but if you watch it NB moved the ball some and their RB has some big play capability. I think this will be a very close game

PG may be improved and have athletes...but they are nowhere near Atlanta lol. I was just saying I think NB can stay in this game and maybe even pull it out. PG just lost their starting QB/safety for the season also. The NB/Atlanta score was ugly, but if you watch it NB moved the ball some and their RB has some big play capability. I think this will be a very close game

PG's offense doesn't seem to rely on the QB that much so I don't see that loss affecting them that much. It was a struggle for NB to pull out the win last year with experienced personnel on both sides of the ball.

Win or lose the important part is for the NB 1st yr starters to gain experience and get better in preparation for district. The coordination of the defense is in capable hands and as you pointed out the offense can move the ball.

Losing our QB/Saftey hurts for sure but the replacements (both sophomores) are more than up to the challenge. Cox did well considering and the kid that replaced Jacob at safety is a beast. He caused the fumble that could have turned the game, had several good tackles and was all over those receivers. Going to be a good game. Go Hawks!

Are you serious, PG has not be NB in??? I don't know when. Big talk by a PGDad homer for sure. NB might be down but PG has not prove themselves at all and already big talk from a poster that does not have a clue.

Seriously, PG can play. I hate to admit but they have speed and their Soph QB is pretty good. PGDad has to taken with a grain of salt. He even boycotts Pittsburg hot links! This should be a good game.

@downtheline

427C4C28-4AAE-4D92-B19C-985D2E9A44D4_zps

Are you serious, PG has not be NB in??? I don't know when. Big talk by a PGDad homer for sure. NB might be down but PG has not prove themselves at all and already big talk from a poster that does not have a clue.

You're so silly, sweetie. Big talk? Lol I've been pretty cordial in this thread...a new leaf if you will. I've decided not to mention how your name has a slightly ####-erotic feel to it...weird. We've proved plenty. We almost had ya last year and have only gotten bigger, stronger, faster and smarter, while y'all...ya know...have not. Y'all might get a TD or two, but this one belongs to us. It's gonna be a sad drive down I-30 Friday night. Wish ya luck!

I dunno how long that hot link boycott will last...

@downtheline

427C4C28-4AAE-4D92-B19C-985D2E9A44D4_zps

You're so silly, sweetie. Big talk? Lol I've been pretty cordial in this thread...a new leaf if you will. I've decided not to mention how your name has a slightly ####-erotic feel to it...weird. We've proved plenty. We almost had ya last year and have only gotten bigger, stronger, faster and smarter, while y'all...ya know...have not. Y'all might get a TD or two, but this one belongs to us. It's gonna be a sad drive down I-30 Friday night. Wish ya luck!

What out of x number of years. Not a long lived thing. Lol

@downtheline427C4C28-4AAE-4D92-B19C-985D2E9A44D4_zps

Till you get hungry

Exactly, we have not yet begun to fight! It's a new era in the Hawk Nation. We ain't scared of some lil ol town up the street...unless they try to ricin us...[/quote

I understand u guys are proud of your boys. Understandable. Issue yall are playing a school alot smaller. I agree y'all need to beat your chest if y'all win this year. I know you were hanging your head when we spanked your booties the last few years. Nice to be able to talk a little smack this year whim the much bigger should have dominated. What has been the issue with you team the last several years beat your chest friend while u an

Exactly, we have not yet begun to fight! It's a new era in the Hawk Nation. We ain't scared of some lil ol town up the street...unless they try to ricin us...[/quote

I understand u guys are proud of your boys. Understandable. Issue yall are playing a school alot smaller. I agree y'all need to beat your chest if y'all win this year. I know you were hanging your head when we spanked your booties the last few years. Nice to be able to talk a little smack this year when u are much bigger and should have dominated. What has been the issue with your team the last several years. Beat your chest friend while u can my friend. Won't last long.

I understand u guys are proud of your boys. Understandable. Issue yall are playing a school alot smaller. I agree y'all need to beat your chest if y'all win this year. I know you were hanging your head when we spanked your booties the last few years. Nice to be able to talk a little smack this year whim the much bigger should have dominated. What has been the issue with you team the last several years beat your chest friend while u an

PGDad, are you going to let him talk to you like that???? Man-up.

Ya'll done been beat by a only average 4A school. JS. Let's get real. One and done or 2 if u get a good draw. I say 1 and done. Then the gym.

You have outdone yourself by insulting two teams at once. You will see how average Pitt is after we beat Gladewater and then take you behind the barn, spank you good and send you back East.

You have outdone yourself by insulting two teams at once. You will see how average Pitt is after we beat Gladewater and then take you behind the barn, spank you good and send you back East.

I'm not sure "spanking" a smaller 3A school that is in a rebuilding year is something I would want to beat my chest as a 4A team competing with the likes of Atlanta and Gladewater. :lol:

I'm not sure "spanking" a smaller 3A school that is in a rebuilding year is something I would want to beat my chest as a 4A team competing with the likes of Atlanta and Gladewater. :lol:

Wow, sounds like you already know you're going to get beat. No team spirit? If you know anything about Texarkana, folks from NB tend to talk smack weather it's about football or fishing. Mr. Lion, start making your excuses right now. Smaller school, rebuilding blah blah whatever makes you feel better. Truth is, NB is just a place people roll on through and pass by...just like we are going to do to them Friday.

I'm not really sure I can translate Oleman to English but I'll give it a shot...seriously it's like reading a cross between a 3rd grade educated redneck and a Louisiana high school dropout.

NB isn't a much smaller school. They are a big 3A and we are a small 4A. Pitt was in no way mediocre, we both fought hard and we learned a lot last Friday and by the time we once again get to your team...we will be doing a lot more than chest beating.

Wow, sounds like you already know you're going to get beat. No team spirit? If you know anything about Texarkana, folks from NB tend to talk smack weather it's about football or fishing. Mr. Lion, start making your excuses right now. Smaller school, rebuilding blah blah whatever makes you feel better. Truth is, NB is just a place people roll on through and pass by...just like we are going to do to them Friday.

I'm not really sure I can translate Oleman to English but I'll give it a shot...seriously it's like reading a cross between a 3rd grade educated redneck and a Louisiana high school dropout.

NB isn't a much smaller school. They are a big 3A and we are a small 4A. Pitt was in no way mediocre, we both fought hard and we learned a lot last Friday and by the time we once again get to your team...we will be doing a lot more than chest beating.

Why would you assume I don't have team spirit? And I don't know that history between PG and NB since I am a recent transplant.

And latest figures I've seen is PG has 630 kids while NB has 384 kids in the 9-12 grades. That is 246 kids (39%) more than we have.

So PG has everything to lose by not winning this game.

If it would help though, you and I can chant "We got spirit yes we do, we got spirit how about YOU!" back and forth for a few pages. :lol: