Greenville vs Royse City  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Pretty simple...who wins?

• Greenville by a lot
    • Greenville by a little
    • Royse City by a lot
    • Royse City by a little

Greenville%20Game%202%202015%20Facebook%

Rivalry week continues for District 15-5A as the undefeated Greenville Lions (just go with it, it's rare I get to say it) make the long, grueling trip 12 miles to the southwest to face their biggest (recent) rivals, the Royse City Bulldogs.

Last week, Greenville's stout (for us) defense kept the North Garland offense at bay just long enough for the offense to finally get the bugs (turnovers and penalties) out of their offense, prevailing on two long TD runs in the Lions 21-14 win over the Raiders. RB Carandal Hale was credited with 17 carries for 313 yards and 3 TDs by the Dallas Morning News (94 yards and 2 TDs on his final two runs of the contest.)

Royse City...not so much. Marshall took out it's aggravation over a long non-district road trip out on the Bulldogs, rolling to a 62-13 stomping.

Despite the results of the two games, Royse City remains a slight favorite in this contest, as their rivalry this decade has heavily favored the Bulldogs.

Useless trivia: Greenville has not won a game by more than 10 points since October 23, 2009, against Dallas R.L. Turner.

Greenville (15-5A): 1-0, 0-0 DIV, 1st place (by alphabetical order)

Royse City (12-5A): 0-1, 0-0 DIV, 8th place (by 49-point loss)

Final Score: Royse City 60, Greenville 41.

Carandal Hale wound up with touchdown runs of (unofficial yardage) 76, 89, 89, and 78 yards. Or, 332 yards and 4 TDs on 4 carries. He had a couple of other runs in the second half, but those only went for 10-12 apiece.

Dallas Morning News had him up all the way to 13 carries, for 386 yards, so I guess I missed something in the carries. Did not look like he had nearly that many from the stands.

By comparison, the QB had 9 carries for 5 yards. So I owe him an apology for calling him a ball hog.