Waskom @ Hughes Springs Sept 11th

Wild74

Waskom @ Hughes Springs  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Waskom has beaten Hughes Springs 2 years in a roll, will it be three?

My report says HS scored on 4th and 13 and got 2 pt. Waskom scores right after VB on 61 yard scamper by JJ Jones and tied it with 2pt.

That Jones kid is gonna be one to remember in Waskom folklore for an eternity. A beast I tell you. KJ's records will surely fall. Hope next years "Final" is back in Arlington, gotta see the Catz go for three in a row!!

You're taking my point out of context again.... heck I'd wanna win it everytime. My point being EF had a chance to win it 3 times while Waskom had one chance in the same time frame...

And the REAL point SHOULD BE that Waskom took advantage of their chance the first time around, and EF is STILL searching.

You said that Waskom has more experience at making excuses than HS, so I put some numbers together for you since your a math guy.

Hughes Springs All time record

W - L - T. TGP

412 - 404 - 34 = 850 412 / 850 = 48.4 % of games won

17 - 15 - 1 = 33 17 / 33. = 51.5 %. of playoff games won

Waskom's All time record

W - L - T. TGP

307 - 286 - 14 = 607 307 / 607 = 50.5 % of games won

24 - 16 - 0 = 40. 24 / 40 = 60 % of playoff games won

Now I'm not near the mathematical guru that you are, but it appears to me that Waskom is ahead in each category.

At the rate that y'all win playoff games, Waskom could miss the playoff for the next 3 to 5 years and you might be able to match that playoff record out, but I'm thinking 5 more years would be more realistic.

So what about the 243 games that HS has played more than Waskom? That needs to be in the formula.

XOXOXOXOXO

Spud

Considering you've got 250 more games under your belt makes the percentages look even worse that they are. Thinkin that if we had an extra 250 games in the books, we woulda REALLY smoked you.

And the REAL point SHOULD BE that Waskom took advantage of their chance the first time around, and EF is STILL searching.

hey man EF played for the sc when it was impossible for Waskom to even dream of one it might not ended the way waskom did but it was sure fun getting their in 99,2000,2007,

hey man EF played for the sc when it was impossible for Waskom to even dream of one it might not ended the way waskom did but it was sure fun getting their in 99,2000,2007,

That's when they were a 1a door mat Rock. 6man teams was trying to schedule them for homecoming.

That's when they were a 1a door mat Rock. 6man teams was trying to schedule them for homecoming.

lol, the thing about this is where was all these Waskom supporters! 3 years ago? Now they struck gold they have all kinds of Supporters.

lol, the thing about this is where was all these Waskom supporters! 3 years ago? Now they struck gold they been supports for years.

I remember when they first started peeking out the curtain week before they played Diana. They done got em a team put together. But they was cautious doe....lmao

May as well have won District and stayed home. At least EF is etched in the SC trophies, just in the "winners" trophy case.

Come on 7:0...ish.... ;)

yall dont pull yall shenanigan before I get there now. Long drive so I will have to hurry to make 7. I want to see what yall been scheming all year. Everybody knows how butthurt HS was after last years game. Ought to be good with that much time to stew.

yall dont pull yall shenanigan before I get there now. Long drive so I will have to hurry to make 7. I want to see what yall been scheming all year. Everybody knows how butthurt HS was after last years game. Ought to be good with that much time to stew.

You may want to be late instead.....j/s

In all honesty. There won't be any shenanigans that I am aware of. Just hard nosed, smash mouth football. I'm sure HS will show class and sportsmanship through out. No need lowering standards. But they sure want to take it to them Wildcats on the field. Gonna be a physical contest. I can't wait.

lol, the thing about this is where was all these Waskom supporters! 3 years ago? Now they struck gold they have all kinds of Supporter

Don;t know if I'd bring up "supporting your team". Last time we played in EF, our folks were able to go to the home side and grab a seat after halftime due to the Jacket "faithful" jumping ship. Don't think you'll ever have to worry about that happening in the Catz Den any time soon.

• Like 1