Lindale @ Van

Vandalman

Okay, I'll start it. Lindale is off to a good start this year. Whooping up on the CHill and coming close with Carthage tonight. Van lost a bunch of seniors last year but seems to have reloaded nicely. We did return Thomas in the backfield and also one of the best kickers in East Texas. Anyone that's ever been to a Lindale/Van game knows it can get crazy. So, who you got and why?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'll start it. Lindale is off to a good start this year. Whooping up on the CHill and coming close with Carthage tonight. Van lost a bunch of seniors last year but seems to have reloaded nicely. We did return Thomas in the backfield and also one of the best kickers in East Texas. Anyone that's ever been to a Lindale/Van game knows it can get crazy. So, who you got and why?

Well then it will be 2 of the best kickers in ETX cause I was very impressed with Lindales.

This really should be a good game. Of course I'm picking my Vandals...in a close one. According to my schedule this is Van's homecoming which adds an incentive for both teams. Nothing better than winning your homecoming game, except spoiling someone elses lol. Seriously though, I figure the stadium will be PACKED, so better get there early.

Regarding the kickers for each team, sorry I am not familiar with either. Are you referencing punters or place kickers, or both. Please expand on this. I'm an old ex- kicker, both types, and love to watch this facet of the game.

For punters, the expectations are for distance, hang time and accuracy. For placekickers. it is distance and accuracy.

Regarding the kickers for each team, sorry I am not familiar with either. Are you referencing punters or place kickers, or both. Please expand on this. I'm an old ex- kicker, both types, and love to watch this facet of the game.

For punters, the expectations are for distance, hang time and accuracy. For placekickers. it is distance and accuracy.

I was referring to our placekicker. Middle ways down on this page http://etsn.fm/2015-etsn-fm-preseason-east-texas-football-super-team/ tells a little about him. Not sure on the Lindale side, but seems like last year they had a really good placekicker and punter if I'm remembering correctly.

Well, looks like everyone has us as the underdogs. That doesn't really surprise me. Lindale is obviously much improved this year and off to a great start. This game will definitely be a test for Van. I think it will be close. Van by 3. Looking forward to the game! Come on Friday!