West Monroe vs Lufkin

Pack007

Good Luck LP.. Play the second half as you did against us and you will be there in the end again. The QB came into his own, and made some big plays.. He's on track now and has the confidence he needs to go forward.. Any time East Texas can beat a Louisiana or Dallas school, Im all behind you.

Good Luck LP.. Play the second half as you did against us and you will be there in the end again. The QB came into his own, and made some big plays.. He's on track now and has the confidence he needs to go forward.. Any time East Texas can beat a Louisiana or Dallas school, Im all behind you.

Thanks. Good luck to yall the rest of the season. Zach hall is a beast

Thanks Golee!

If you had asked me about this game at halfitme last week..... I would say WM in a blowout.

Now??? Pshhh. Who knows!

LP is running a Jekyll and Hyde show this season!

I hope the LP that went nuts on Lee is the one at Indy Stadium Friday night. But if the one that Lee was beating down like a step child shows up, WM will tan that hide.

WM won't collapse like Lee did.

LP needs some defense to stop WM. But it sounds like Lufkin has the offense to keep up with anyone when it's clicking.

Pulling for LP. Hope to see a fun game. I'll be there with my Mav hoodie on.

\mn/

I never understood why a 5a powerhouse like W. Monroe would even schedule a game with a 3a school like Wossman. If you win, whoopty do, if you lose...oh the shame. I'll pick Lufkin.

Its a common practice in Louisiana. I have seen 5a schools play 1a schools in Louisiana. Its a couple reasons for this.

#1. Wossman is kinda a rival. Its a school located just across the river in Monroe and they used to be a power house. Also, its saves the district money by playing a local team as oppose to traveling to play someone else.

#2. In Louisiana....only the district champ is an auto playoff team. The rest are pick by power points. These small schools get extra power points by playing bigger schools, whether they win or lose....so a team could go 6-4 with a weak schedule could miss a playoff spot to a team that is 4-6 with a tougher schedule.

#3. Teams like West Monroe have a very hard time filling their schedule with Louisiana teams. The districts are alot smaller and they sometimes have to find 5-6 non district games. Alot of times they have to play a couple out of state games, and they have to play the small schools, because the small schools are willing to play them for the power points.

#4. And sometimes enrollment doesn't matter in Louisiana because many times the small schools are private schools who can select their players (Evangel, John Curtis, etc...)

• Like 1

What offense does WM run?

They run an offense very similar to what Longview ran in recent yrs. Its primarily an I-formation veer where the full back is just behind the QB and the RB is deep in the backfield. They run alot of option and toss sweeps from it. Its power football...But they will mix in other sets as well. John King of Longview has ties to Pat Collins who brought that offense to the Monroe area when he coach over that way. West Monroe former coach, Don Shows (who recently passed away) was also a Pat Collins guy.