Smoaky.com's East Texas Top 10....

RandyJohnson

The poll is made up of a panel of Smoaky.com posters. Here's this week's East Texas Top 10 rankings....

Class 6A/ 5A

1. Longview (2-0)

2. Ennis (1-1)

3. Lufkin (1-1)

4. Texas High (2-0)

5. Marshall (2-0)

6. John Tyler (0-2)

7. Hallsville (2-0)

8. Corsicana (2-0)

9. Nacogdoches (1-1)

10. Lindale (1-1)

Class 4A D-I

1. Henderson (2-0)

2. Liberty Eylau (1-1)

3. Carthage (1-1)

4. Paris (2-0)

5. Van (2-0)

6. Pittsburg (2-0)

7. Kaufman (2-0)

8. North Lamar (2-0)

9. Jasper (1-1)

10. Quinlan Ford (1-1)

Class 4A D-II

1. Gilmer (2-0)

2. Atlanta (1-1)

3. Gladewater (1-1)

4. Tatum (0-1)

5. Center (1-1)

6. Bullard (1-1)

7. Rains (2-0)

8. Nevada Community (2-0)

9. Pleasant Grove (1-1)

10. Dallas Roosevelt (1-1)

Class 3A D-I

1. Mineola (2-0)

2. Malakoff (2-0)

3. White Oak (2-0)

4. Palestine Westwood (2-0)

5. Caddo Mills (2-0)

6. Sunnyvale (1-1)

7. Prairiland (2-0)

8. Scurry Rosser (2-0)

9. Jefferson (1-1)

10. Harmony (1-1)

Class 3A D-II

1. Waskom (2-0)

2. Corrigan Camden (2-0)

3. Hughes Springs (2-0)

4. Newton (1-1)

5. Arp (1-1)

6. West Rusk (2-0)

7. Elysian Fields (1-1)

8. Frankston (2-0)

9. Alba Golden (2-0)

10. Garrison (1-1)

Class 2A D-I

1. Alto (2-0)

2. Shelbyville (2-0)

3. Carlisle (2-0)

4. Lovelady (2-0)

5. West Sabine (2-0)

6. Beckville (2-0)

7. Big Sandy (2-0)

8. Ore City (2-0)

9. Joaquin (1-1)

10. Kerens (1-1)

Class 2A D-II

1. Iola (1-0)

2. Lindsay (2-0)

3. Evadale (2-0)

4. Maud (1-1)

5. Tenaha (0-2)

6. Detroit (1-1)

7. Burkeville (1-1)

8. Blue Ridge (2-0)

9. Timpson (0-2)

10. Fruitvale (0-1)

Class 1A (Six Man,etc.)

1. Longview Trinity School of Texas (2-0)

2. Leverett's Chapel (1-1)

3. Chester (2-0)

4. Oakwood (2-0)

5. Apple Springs (2-0)

6. Trinidad (1-1)

7. Union Hill (1-1)

8. Canton EXEL (1-1)

9. High Island (0-2)

10. Tyler HEAT (0-2)

Private Schools (TAPPS)

1. Bishop T.K. Gorman (2-0)

2. Grace Community (2-0)

3. Brook Hill (1-1)

4. All Saints Episcopal (2-0)

5. Waco Reicher (1-1)

R. J.

• Like 1

Is Princeton not considered ET? They're in the Pitt, LE, P High, LE, QF district and absolutely, unquestionably better than QF.

The poll is a majority rules vote ! Generally speaking the #'s 8, 9 & 10 always shows differing opinions.

Let's just say that Princeton is right on the cusp of the Top 10.

R. J.

Lindale over Tyler Lee?

Really ? After witnessing what your team did to them last week with the obsenely stark difference in football quality from one half to the next....Lee didn't receive a single vote.

It was a total team collapse no matter how it's dissected.

Lee has some big offensive weapons there's no doubt but their defense is a an obvious liability. They played a spirited first half then we're exploited in the 2nd.

On flip side, after putting on a show offensively in building a 42-3 lead they wilted on a sultry evening in the 2nd half with only one score to muster as the Lufkin defense frustrated and controlled them.

Give credit to a better team in Lufkin for getting into gear right before the half & steamrolling to an unprecedented come back victory.

R.J.

Really ? After witnessing what your team did to them last week with the obsenely stark difference in football quality from one half to the next....Lee didn't receive a single vote.

It was a total team collapse no matter how it's dissected.

Lee has some big offensive weapons there's no doubt but their defense is a an obvious liability. They played a spirited first half then we're exploited in the 2nd.

On flip side, after putting on a show offensively in building a 42-3 lead they wilted on a sultry evening in the 2nd half with only one score to muster as the Lufkin defense frustrated and controlled them.

Give credit to a better team in Lufkin for getting into gear right before the half & steamrolling to an unprecedented come back victory.

R.J.

Is Lindale a better team than Lee though? It's not my poll, but I don't see it. I honestly don't think Hallsville and a few others are better too.

Is Lindale a better team than Lee though? It's not my poll, but I don't see it. I honestly don't think Hallsville and a few others are better too.

you're just rallying to get a quality win!!!

I see Fruitvale at #10 in AA D2. Didn't they cancel their season to play an outlaw 6-man schedule?

their ain't a lot of 2a d2 schools so we had to bring some up from the farm league.

First of all, let's realize that the poll is a FLUID entity which means changes will occur from week to week.

I did not select the teams with my vote alone. It's obvious that most of the commenters here cannot grasp that the "poll" is from a group...therefore a team or teams

are ranked as such through a majority vote.

As for Lee...they are a winless team that has played two other good teams and yet have allowed 54 points average in their losses with one being a 39 point implosion.

Clearly and justly they aren't in the poll because they are simply not worthy of a Top 10 ranking in the opinion of multiple voters !

Lindale, on the other hand, has a WIN AND they have played a couple of tough teams as well therefore earning some credit herein.

If Lee wins against their cross town rivals this week then it might bolster an argument to reenter the poll.

R.J.

One more thing...every single commenter here on this website is encouraged to join in and become a voter.

So if you want to set things straight please have your poll ready by 2pm on every Sunday afternoon sending it to Smoaky's e-mail by the deadline.

This is an open invitation to have your voice heard.

R. J.

• Like 1

As for Lee...they are a winless team that has played two other good teams and yet have allowed 54 points average in their losses with one being a 39 point implosion.

Keller Fossil Ridge is not a good team. At all. They're the definition of average to below average. I still can't wrap my head around them scoring 59 on Lee.