Pewitt Brahmas Coming Together

AttaKid0596

The bulls were finally able to put some good offense together tonight with a 30-14 win over Jefferson. 297 yards and 30 points. Give Coach Gentry time and he will have these bulls rolling along. -AttaKid

They have maybe a down NB team and obviously a good Mineola team left before they get into the easy part of the schedule. HS may still be the front runner but everyone else seems to be average at best. Has an opportunity to Get them rolling. Jury is still out in my opinion.

Didn't they bring back most of the defensive players from last year? I believe that's been the point about the slot t versus the spread. With the defense they have and running the slot you don't have to score a lot. Your offense goes 3 and out and run 1 minute off the clock causes your defense not to be as good and you have to keep up scoring wise.

Defense is still good with so many players back. But you have to think too, Jefferson is in a new offense with a new guy as well. I think NB is a better test for them. I think that one may go back and forth. Mineola might end up like last year's result. Their defense will keep them in games. Just not sold yet as well on anything else.

I'm not crowning them district champs, but they aren't nearly as bad as some have suggested. They play hard, hit hard and have not quit. They may just surprise some folks. I don't know exactly how many they had coming back on defense but I can tell you not all the ones who came back are starting this year. I can think of two right off the bat who started at some poin last year who aren't now.