Texas High at Kilgore

Slimbodine

Kilgore is still a young team that finished really strong against Pine Tree. Not sure how much was everything coming together as opposed to it being Pine Tree. I'd like to go with the former. I would say our best shot at a 2-3 pre-district record would be this Friday. Our next game is at Gladewater and should be tough.

Well all I will say about this gm is Tx High will make these youngsters better. Tx High and Kilgore always play each other good if Kilgore can limit the turnovers and penalties I believe they can hang with Tx High but there's a big IF in the sentence.......

Yep. If we play clean we can play close.

Watched film on T-High vs Whitehouse and Arkansas. My take on the Tigers...

1. FAST

2. Defensively - they're not that big up front... but they are quick and physical. Linebackers are fast, secondary is crazy good. They all tackle well. I think the only way to have success against that defense is to run right at them.

3. Offensively - very good QB. Good size, strong & accurate arm, cool in the pocket, good legs. They have a little RB who can fly, and they have a big RB who can fly. The O-line is good, not great.

4. Special teams is very good, particularly the kick returners #2 & #3.

I'm not sure how this one ends up....based on Aggie98 report, it looks like Kilgore will have their hands full...to me, I believe that "If" Kilgore can hang onto the ball and not kill drives with penalties, then I think Kilgore can make it interesting...besides the penalties, the defense played better last week, but will need to be even better this week...either way, hopefully Kilgore continues to improve and comes out with some positives to build on...I will say, Kilgore will for sure have been battle tested by district time...ha...now, just wait and see how they respond