Texas High at Kilgore

Slimbodine

I think Kilgore through the years has MORE than proven they can compete with..... and beat the likes of Texarkana, Marshall, Hallsville, Nac, etc, etc, etc

Congrats KILGORE! Lots of pride and tradition with the Bulldogs. I have tremendous respect for them and the rivalry we have with them..... even if it's currently on hold.

man I hope Carthage fans don't read that. They will be upset they weren't in that post.

They'll look like world beats when y'all play them, and their QB will have a career day against us.

We always seem to get their best performance of the year.

Not sure why. Seems like they would save that for ya'll. LOL

Only good thing for us is that the game is at a place they haven't won since the mid 80s.

I don't think the location of the game will matter; for ANY of your games actually.

Again..... congrats to Kilgore. Great program.... even when they are down.

I just reread the thread. There were Kilgore posters predicting a blowout. I didn't see ANY Texas High posters predicting one. I guess you just flat made it up. We can't control what other posters around the area predict. Just don't claim it was coming from us

Well it doesn't matter before the gm started u still predicted a TH victory doesn't matter if u predicted a 1pt win or a 14pt win u still thought your team was good enough to win. Maybe it's a good thing they lost maybe it will light a fire under them because TH looked very talented last night it just wasn't meant for them to win. Teams sometimes play other teams closer last yr Kilgore beat a very good Henderson team but couldn't beat Chapel Hill or Jasper and Henderson beat both of them. JMO TH has athletes all over the field I believe they will make the playoffs in their district but that's just my opinion.

Wow. The comment was about people predicting Texas High was gonna BLOW OUT Kilgore. Now you said it doesn't matter if I said by 1 point or a blowout its still the same. For the record I didn't predict either. I said ON PAPER and from what I have read then you have to favor Texas High. That's a long way from boasting Hoss. I still haven't seen anybody show one post about that game from us about blowing out anybody

And since we are nit-picking posts.....your post about "it's about to get ugly here" was made BEFORE the game started.......care to backtrack and try another story ?? Sounds like YOU were predicting a blowout to me. Check the time date on your post :lol:

BUSTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Big win for our Bulldogs! I will admit that coming in I thought T-High would beat us by ~ 3TD's. Glad I was wrong. Thoughts:

Kilgore's defense played outstanding. After giving up the 2 quick TD's on short fields they really buckled down. Kept Wilcher in-check for the most part and got in Pearson's head with the pick-6 and the variety of blitzes they threw at him.

Kilgore's offense was not great, but better. Couple of costly turnovers, couple of busted plays, couple of procedure penalties. The offensive line play gets better every week. They are opening lanes now and starting to develop a mean streak.

Texas High was pretty much what I thought they'd be.... very talented. Three things, IMO, hurt them in this game....

1. Defensive line could not get penetration

2. QB did not make good throws when pressured and bailed too early several times

3. Play calling got conservative after going up by 2 scores. By the time they realized they were in a dog fight, Kilgore already had them figured out

Didn't see any major injuries.... #20 RB for TH did hop off the field in the 2nd qtr and did not return. #19 was carried off in the 4th, but I think he came back in.

Good luck to T-High going forward.

Well it doesn't matter before the gm started u still predicted a TH victory doesn't matter if u predicted a 1pt win or a 14pt win u still thought your team was good enough to win. Maybe it's a good thing they lost maybe it will light a fire under them because TH looked very talented last night it just wasn't meant for them to win. Teams sometimes play other teams closer last yr Kilgore beat a very good Henderson team but couldn't beat Chapel Hill or Jasper and Henderson beat both of them. JMO TH has athletes all over the field I believe they will make the playoffs in their district but that's just my opinion.

Kilgore and Henderson are bitter rivals so I don't know if that argument really has any teeth.

And since we are nit-picking posts.....your post about "it's about to get ugly here" was made BEFORE the game started.......care to backtrack and try another story ?? Sounds like YOU were predicting a blowout to me. Check the time date on your post :lol:

BUSTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What?? Are u talking about when I made the comment it was 14-0 I can't control what the time said. So what's the big deal about that?

Wow. The comment was about people predicting Texas High was gonna BLOW OUT Kilgore. Now you said it doesn't matter if I said by 1 point or a blowout its still the same. For the record I didn't predict either. I said ON PAPER and from what I have read then you have to favor Texas High. That's a long way from boasting Hoss. I still haven't seen anybody show one post about that game from us about blowing out anybody

Dude u are seriously Butt Hurt over this lost huh???

First of all congrats to Kilgore on the win and best of luck going forward.

WhoAmI, you must have never read many posts by THSFanatic. In my opinion he is one of the most objective posters on Smoaky along with Mavchamp. The truth is most long time THS posters have witnessed some great football by complete football teams. In the last four or so years, Texas High has not had a complete team. Maybe it is a geneology cycle? I do not know. As a result, you do not see much chest beating by THS fans.

• Like 1

Whoam just man up to your post. You posted it 10 minutes before game started. 15 minutes later Lobo posted Texas High was already ahead & 20 minutes later he posted Texas High up by 14. It right there on your post WHEN you posted it. At 7:20 .....10 minutes before game started. Don't deny what it is black & white.

First of all congrats to Kilgore on the win and best of luck going forward.

WhoAmI, you must have never read many posts by THSFanatic. In my opinion he is one of the most objective posters on Smoaky along with Mavchamp. The truth is most long time THS posters have witnessed some great football by complete football teams. In the last four or so years, Texas High has not had a complete team. Maybe it is a geneology cycle? I do not know. As a result, you do not see much chest beating by THS fans.

Well u can check my profile out it will tell u what your wanting to know about me ( but I don't think it will tell u how many THSFanatic posts I have read ) but I should give u an insight.

Whoam just man up to your post. You posted it 10 minutes before game started. 15 minutes later Lobo posted Texas High was already ahead & 20 minutes later he posted Texas High up by 14. It right there on your post WHEN you posted it. At 7:20 .....10 minutes before game started. Don't deny what it is black & white.

THSFanatic I don't care what the time says I know why and when I posted it. Why are u so worried about what and when I posted a comment?? Before the gm even started I have no reason to lie I thought TH was going to blow Kilgore out. Just like the first post of yours I commented on I saw u went back a changed your comment of what u said about TH do u see me busting your balls over it no cause I could careless. I can't believe u have me trying to defend myself and it's only because your calling me a Liar.

But good luck to TH I will be rooting for u guys from an outsider TH is very talented. Teams would die to have the athletes TH has on the football field.

Never called you a liar.....but nice try. That's a good debate tactic to put words in somebody else's mouth though. It was YOU who quoted ME that started this exchange. Somehow saying I was in on the group about calling for it to be a blowout....then changing it that calling for a 1 pt win is the same thing (I did neither btw)

Look at time stamp & what is posted 20 minutes AFTER your post. It is what it is

• Like 1

Never called you a liar.....but nice try. That's a good debate tactic to put words in somebody else's mouth though. It was YOU who quoted ME that started this exchange. Somehow saying I was in on the group about calling for it to be a blowout....then changing it that calling for a 1 pt win is the same thing (I did neither btw)

Look at time stamp & what is posted 20 minutes AFTER your post. It is what it is

No I quoted u on TH being a good team... I could careless on the whole blowout comments. Yes I stated a 1pt win or a 14pt win is a win I NEVER one time said u called for a blowout. Mine was before the gm U thought TH was good enough to win and I said now that they got beat U said U never know what TH team will show up anyways.... something to that matter.