Paris vs Palestine @ Lobo

bluetopper

It's 7:30 Friday in Longview. Paris is the home team. Paris won last year, 34-13. No, it wasn't cancelled, although it was played before a ton of empty seats, especially on the Palestine side.

Paris has dominant wins over 3 still winless teams. Palestine's only win was over Jacksonville in double OT.

Paris has, in order, Argyle, Liberty-Eylau, and Princeton coming up (all on the road) before coming back home Oct. 23 to face Pittsburg. If Cats survive that gauntlet, that would classify as a roll. What they've done to date is meet expectations, nothing more.

It's 7:30 Friday in Longview. Paris is the home team. Paris won last year, 34-13. No, it wasn't cancelled, although it was played before a ton of empty seats, especially on the Palestine side.

Paris has dominant wins over 3 still winless teams. Palestine's only win was over Jacksonville in double OT.

Paris has, in order, Argyle, Liberty-Eylau, and Princeton coming up (all on the road) before coming back home Oct. 23 to face Pittsburg. If Cats survive that gauntlet, that would classify as a roll. What they've done to date is meet expectations, nothing more.

My only disagreement is that their win over chapel hill was far from dominant. That game very much so could've went either way late into the 4th qtr. Paris makes you pay when you make mistakes and chapel hill made way too many. Probably 5-8 false starts. I can recall at least 2 offsides on 4th down where Paris was most likely punting but went for it after the offsides and got the first down. And 2 turnovers by chapel hill. 1 kept points off the board (fumble right before half) and the other gave Paris great field position (the botched kickoff return early). If Paris continues to play opportunistic like Friday night tho they will be in good shape.

Not putting CHill in same company as MP or Melissa, but Paris took control early & maintained a 1-2 TD lead throughout, plus had a 2-1 statistical edge. If CHill had all hands on deck it could have been different and if the Dogs cash in on the bad punt snap in the 4th quarter, who knows? But the Cats did what they needed to do to stay in front all night to beat a wounded team they should have beaten. As I said, their true tests are coming up.

On Paper Palestine does not have a chance... However, games are not played on paper. Granted if Palestine plays like they did last week, Paris will win. Win or lose I look for the maroon and white Wildcats to perform much better. I believe it will be a much better game than people think. Last season the score was lopsided but a lot of that had to do with constant mistakes by Palestine. Turnovers, penalties, missed assignments. Had a huge pass play nullified by Offensive PI. Not saying Paris is not a good team because they are and to have a chance in this game we will have to play our very best. Yes, the empty seats on our side last year was pathetic. Hope we get more folks out this year. I know its a long trip, but as always I will be there.

I have never understood why Palestine is not more competitive? When they dropped down from 4A to 3A and still had a cat named Petersen running the ball, many people thought that they were going to dominate 3A football.

Have they even won a playoff game in the last ten years?

There is something weird about that school. Going there for Track Meets or other events you get a weird vibe about the place. Some schools you walk into and you just KNOW that things are clicking and going good in everything. Palestine is NOT one of those places.

In 2004 Palestine was in the State Semi finals. In 2005 we lost in the second round to WOS and in 2006 we lost in the 2nd round to Robinson. Should have won that game. Some horrible calls and no calls went against us that night at Floyd Casey. I still have nightmares about it. We did not qualify for the playoffs in 07 and 08. In 09 we lost in 1st round to Mexia. In 2010 did not qualify. 2011 lost to LaVaga in the 1st round, 2012 lost to Carthage by 3 points in 1st round. 2013 fell to Jasper in 1st round. In that time we have seen 5 HC Tunstall, Bowie, Angel, Brown and Now Clark.

Palestine's last year in 4A was Adrian's last year at Palestine, lost to Hallsville 20-19 in the first round, got a delay of game coming out of a time-out on a 2 point conversion attempt. They made the state semis the next year and lost to Cuero, threw 2 pick 6's in that game and lost by less than 10.