OU v Tennessee

bordertown

You actually went in to edit this post to add the drinking part. That's why you can't stop getting banned. You have no idea how to be an adult about your argument.

I've never once had a beer in the locker room with someone. You're putting words into people's mouth in an argument that's a month old for no reason. Grow up, accept you're getting owned, and move on.

Am I really getting lectured over SDC posting etiquette by a guy who threw a tantrum over overrated SEC banter via a series of troll posts? LOL! I say the guy crying to the mods is "getting owned".

The formulas are the exact same for every team. It doesn't matter what conference. That's what I'm saying.

Via ESPN:

"The Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team's performance going forward for the rest of the season. FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule. Ratings and projections update daily."

Follow the bouncing ball. Sure the formula is the same for each team, but each team is weighted differently. Having overrated SEC teams on the schedule boosts the FPI. It seems to have the same effect on human polls too, unfortunately.

Via ESPN:

"The Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team's performance going forward for the rest of the season. FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule. Ratings and projections update daily."

Follow the bouncing ball. Sure the formula is the same for each team, but each team weighted differently. Having overrated SEC teams on the schedule boosts the FPI. It seems to have the same effect human polls too, unfortunately.

You still aren't getting it. The polls have no effect on this. Human opinions have no effect. The sec is boosted because the teams themselves are better based off the formulas. I don't know how much simpler that can get. They aren't better by any opinion at all. The FPI is all numbers and factual things.

LOL "I never typed the word horrible, derp derp derp". Are you seriously claiming you didn't infer that Tennessee is subpar to discredit the OU win? Are you up drinking at the field house again?

I think you fail to forget how everyone on this site was against Tennessee being considered a top 25 team. including WETSU. Hell, it was a great win by OU and I think Tennessee is a 8-9 win team this year, but they had no reason to be in the preseason top 25

You still aren't getting it. The polls have no effect on this. Human opinions have no effect. The sec is boosted because the teams themselves are better based off the formulas. I don't know how much simpler that can get. They aren't better by any opinion at all. The FPI is all numbers and factual things.

Again, follow the bouncing ball. Having high FPI teams on the schedule obviously helps your FPI. I wish Baylor has FPI #12 Tenn & #19 Arkansas to factor into their equation.

I think you fail to forget how everyone on this site was against Tennessee being considered a top 25 team. including WETSU. Hell, it was a great win by OU and I think Tennessee is a 8-9 win team this year, but they had no reason to be in the preseason top 25

Agreed. I think all of the OU Big 12 champion sleeper hype is exaggerated too. The TX Tech reject QB couldn't complete a pass for 3 quarters against a D, with a depleted secondary, who got torched by Bowling Green.

Agreed. I think all of the OU Big 12 champion sleeper hype is exaggerated too. The TX Tech reject QB couldn't complete a pass for 3 quarters against a D, with a depleted secondary, who got torched by Bowling Green.

The only reason to think that OU is capable of a B12 champion THIS YEAR, is an upset over Baylor and TCU imho. TCU is looking more likely to be upset with a depleting defense, and Baylor has thrashed them the past 2 years... so, Stoops will have to show everyone that they have made progress on how to stop Baylor... I suggest pass interference on deep routes and late hits on the QB...

The only reason to think that OU is capable of a B12 champion THIS YEAR, is an upset over Baylor and TCU imho. TCU is looking more likely to be upset with a depleting defense, and Baylor has thrashed them the past 2 years... so, Stoops will have to show everyone that they have made progress on how to stop Baylor... I suggest pass interference on deep routes and late hits on the QB...

If (and that's a ridiculously huuuuuuge IF) OU were to upset Baylor/TCU, it'll be one or the other — but not both. No freakin' way, simply not possible. And if I were to wager which team they could steal a win from it'd be Baylor, only because their defense seems wonky here at the outset. I could see a wild OU/BU shootout where the Sooners eeke one out. But TCU? No way. It'll be ugly. Patterson goan' open a can of whoop heiny.

Myself, I don't believe OU is even a sleeper for the Big XII title. All this SEC-worship has "experts" making more of this win than they should. I'm thinking we lose to BU and TCU, and have one more weird conference loss — likely to some team we have no business losing to. Like Okie State or West Virginia or something.

Shoot, finishing 9-3 (and going to a mid-range bowl) with a new QB would be a success after last year's atrocity. I'll take it.

If (and that's a ridiculously huuuuuuge IF) OU were to upset Baylor/TCU, it'll be one or the other — but not both. No freakin' way, simply not possible. And if I were to wager which team they could steal a win from it'd be Baylor, only because their defense seems wonky here at the outset. I could see a wild OU/BU shootout where the Sooners eeke one out. But TCU? No way. It'll be ugly. Patterson goan' open a can of whoop heiny.

Myself, I don't believe OU is even a sleeper for the Big XII title. All this SEC-worship has "experts" making more of this win than they should. I'm thinking we lose to BU and TCU, and have one more weird conference loss — likely to some team we have no business losing to. Like Okie State or West Virginia or something.

Shoot, finishing 9-3 (and going to a mid-range bowl) with a new QB would be a success after last year's atrocity. I'll take it.

If the TCU defense continues to fall like dominoes, their offense won't save them against good teams. But that is also an "if." Baylor always seems to get close to losing one at the end against an average team too, I'm guessing those teams this year would be your K States and WVUs... Jury is still out on Tx Tech

If the TCU defense continues to fall like dominoes, their offense won't save them against good teams. But that is also an "if." Baylor always seems to get close to losing one at the end against an average team too, I'm guessing those teams this year would be your K States and WVUs... Jury is still out on Tx Tech

OU can't stop a running + throwing QB, so Boykin will prolly have about 500 yards of total offense against us.

Tech will be playing fastbreak offense all season (no surprise there) but if your front four can make Mahomes throw on the run, you can force enough TOs to negate the offense. But their defense is trash. Couldn't stop HIV in a Frisco outhouse.

D will be fine. The D in Waco is suspect.

OU beating Tennessee proves OU is better than Tennessee. It doesn't prove a single thing about the sec as a whole. Tennessee is probably the 6th best sec team on their best day...

So why does the sec claim 7 national championships in a row when 4 TEAMS won them? That's where this #### started

So why does the sec claim 7 national championships in a row when 4 TEAMS won them? That's where this #### started

You guys just don't get it....

Nobody from any school is "claiming" the championship another school won. Nobody.

What they are saying when they say those things is that the sec is so tough. It's not just one or two teams dominating a conference. 4 sec schools have played in 2+ national championships since 2000. Thats not counting teams like Georgia, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and South Carolina who have had a couple of 10-11 win seasons apiece during that time. The conference is just tough. Top to bottom it's deep of talented teams. That's not saying they always win every game they play, but they are solid programs who on any given year can win a title and nobody would really think of it as a "shock."

Sec fans do not and have never claimed they are better because another school won a title. Sec fans just acknowledge how deep the conference in, and are the only ones to realize that sometimes if you're not going to win a championship in a season, it benefits your conference as a whole if another team wins it. It makes your conference stronger. Makes the perception of your conference better. Voters see this. Selection committees see this. Recruits see this. It does your conference or your individual team no good to hope a conference opponent does bad just because you're butthurt your team went 6-6 or something. It's like a high school team saying, "well we didn't win our district that season, but at least we only came in second to the best team in the state." It's no different than "rooting" for the team that knocks you out of the playoffs to win it all. People do this every year.

The "####" you speak of only started when butthurt big 12 fans feel the need to bring up every little tiny detail of this like its a big deal. The sec takes pride in its conference and wishes their conference mates do well against outsiders. What's the big freakin deal?

You guys just don't get it....

Nobody from any school is "claiming" the championship another school won. Nobody.

What they are saying when they say those things is that the sec is so tough. It's not just one or two teams dominating a conference. 4 sec schools have played in 2+ national championships since 2000. Thats not counting teams like Georgia, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and South Carolina who have had a couple of 10-11 win seasons apiece during that time. The conference is just tough. Top to bottom it's deep of talented teams. That's not saying they always win every game they play, but they are solid programs who on any given year can win a title and nobody would really think of it as a "shock."

Sec fans do not and have never claimed they are better because another school won a title. Sec fans just acknowledge how deep the conference in, and are the only ones to realize that sometimes if you're not going to win a championship in a season, it benefits your conference as a whole if another team wins it. It makes your conference stronger. Makes the perception of your conference better. Voters see this. Selection committees see this. Recruits see this. It does your conference or your individual team no good to hope a conference opponent does bad just because you're butthurt your team went 6-6 or something. It's like a high school team saying, "well we didn't win our district that season, but at least we only came in second to the best team in the state." It's no different than "rooting" for the team that knocks you out of the playoffs to win it all. People do this every year.

The "####" you speak of only started when butthurt big 12 fans feel the need to bring up every little tiny detail of this like its a big deal. The sec takes pride in its conference and wishes their conference mates do well against outsiders. What's the big freakin deal?

So you say OU proved they were better than Tennessee by beating Tennessee? Then turn around and chant sec sec we're proud of our strategic scheduling to keep more teams ranked high, bama lsu auburn Florida rah rah rah!!!! Other people shouldn't hate, but in 7 bowl games (mostly where the opponent was chosen) the sec west went 2-5. Good thing the sec east showed up in bowl season.

So you say OU proved they were better than Tennessee by beating Tennessee? Then turn around and chant sec sec we're proud of our strategic scheduling to keep more teams ranked high, bama lsu auburn Florida rah rah rah!!!! Other people shouldn't hate, but in 7 bowl games (mostly where the opponent was chosen) the sec west went 2-5. Good thing the sec east showed up in bowl season.

Get off of your high horse man... You act like no other conference does this. Look at the B12 OOC schedule... it may be the weakest of the power 5.

The only conference that challenges itself yearly is the Big10. That is it. Prove me wrong... you will spend hours researching just the fall flat on your SEC hating face with nothing to show for your effort. You can talk until you are blue in the face, but you just spit your hatred for SEC teams out like diarrhea of the mouth with nothing to back it up. You want to shut someone up or show someone up, then do some work. Show us why you have so much hatred.

Get off of your high horse man... You act like no other conference does this. Look at the B12 OOC schedule... it may be the weakest of the power 5.

The only conference that challenges itself yearly is the Big10. That is it. Prove me wrong... you will spend hours researching just the fall flat on your SEC hating face with nothing to show for your effort. You can talk until you are blue in the face, but you just spit your hatred for SEC teams out like diarrhea of the mouth with nothing to back it up. You want to shut someone up or show someone up, then do some work. Show us why you have so much hatred.

High horse? You're the one worked up here!!! Lol. I'm not spending hours on anything that everybody else sees. You research. I'm not the one defending the sec or trying to prop it up. College coaches are tired of it ... ie stoops, Paul Johnson (see his post bowl game comments after beating miss at). Lol

High horse? You're the one worked up here!!! Lol. I'm not spending hours on anything that everybody else sees. You research. I'm not the one defending the sec or trying to prop it up. College coaches are tired of it ... ie stoops, Paul Johnson (see his post bowl game comments after beating miss at). Lol

Just to show everyone that you talk out of your ###, here you go.

Out of 14 SEC Schools, 3 do not play any power 5 opponents.

Out of 10 big 12 schools, 3 do not play any power 5 opponents.

Out of BOTH conferences 0 schools play more than 1 Power 5 opponent.

Maybe you should focus your hatred elsewhere, since you asked to be schooled.

Just to show everyone that you talk out of your ###, here you go.

Out of 14 SEC Schools, 3 do not play any power 5 opponents.

Out of 10 big 12 schools, 3 do not play any power 5 opponents.

Out of BOTH conferences 0 schools play more than 1 Power 5 opponent.

Maybe you should focus your hatred elsewhere, since you asked to be schooled.

I'm not talking about ooc scheduling in past, I'm talking about cross divisional scheduling in the past. I didn't ask to be schooled by anybody, much less you or wet!!! Lol

I'm not talking about ooc scheduling in past, I'm talking about cross divisional scheduling in the past. I didn't ask to be schooled by anybody, much less you or wet!!! Lol

You are talking about OOC scheduling this year and how it effects the strength of schedule for the SEC. Unless you forgot...