OU v Tennessee

bordertown

My strategic scheduling comment was about the cross divisional games, my bad.

Okay. The cross divisional scheduling could be done differently I suppose. But that's a very nit picking excuse... The two cross division games are one is a permanent opponent and one is rotating. LSU plays Florida every year. I'd say it terms of potential that's fair. Bama plays Tennessee. Tennessee is not what it use to be so that's not "fair" but that's been one of the sec biggest rivalry games for 50+ years. I have no problem with that one. A&M vs South Carolina. Again, pretty evenly matched given the twos last 20 years or so. Arkansas Mizzou? Again, fairly matched. Georgia and auburn? I'd say that's fair as well. So essentially, your cross division BS is just what it is, BS.

Okay. The cross divisional scheduling could be done differently I suppose. But that's a very nit picking excuse... The two cross division games are one is a permanent opponent and one is rotating. LSU plays Florida every year. I'd say it terms of potential that's fair. Bama plays Tennessee. Tennessee is not what it use to be so that's not "fair" but that's been one of the sec biggest rivalry games for 50+ years. I have no problem with that one. A&M vs South Carolina. Again, pretty evenly matched given the twos last 20 years or so. Arkansas Mizzou? Again, fairly matched. Georgia and auburn? I'd say that's fair as well. So essentially, your cross division BS is just what it is, BS.

I don't care for the the way the SEC does the cross division scheduling because it helps prop teams up.

Like Missouri the past few years. They get to be a top 10 team without playing most of the better teams in their conference.

the cross-scheduling is Bull ####. Some schools get the shaft to the anus, others walk away happy. I like cross scheduling, but what I would propose is change it, LSU plays Florida and Georgia in 2015, Florida and Vandy 2016, South Carolina and Vandy, 2017, South Carolina and Tennessee in 2018 etc etc etc... 2 yr rotation where they each get a home/home. Florida is not a real rivalry

I don't care for the the way the SEC does the cross division scheduling because it helps prop teams up.

Like Missouri the past few years. They get to be a top 10 team without playing most of the better teams in their conference.

That's just because of the current state. When Florida is at its potential and Georgia is as well, the east is a little more competitive. I'll agree, Mizzou has got it easy the last 3 years. But you can't just change the schedule and automatically give them Bama because the rest of the east is slacking. There has to be some sort of order. The rotating sec opponents is set and Mizzou has just gotten lucky thus far.

I understand your view on it just propping teams up, but I assure you that couldn't be farther from the truth. The conference itself isn't altering schedules to aid others. Their media darling Bama, two or three years ago, had EVERY opponent they faced in conference after a bye week. Every single one. You thing that was "fair." You thing they would intentionally give everyone two weeks to prepare to upset their media favorite every year?

That's just because of the current state. When Florida is at its potential and Georgia is as well, the east is a little more competitive. I'll agree, Mizzou has got it easy the last 3 years. But you can't just change the schedule and automatically give them Bama because the rest of the east is slacking. There has to be some sort of order. The rotating sec opponents is set and Mizzou has just gotten lucky thus far.

I understand your view on it just propping teams up, but I assure you that couldn't be farther from the truth. The conference itself isn't altering schedules to aid others. Their media darling Bama, two or three years ago, had EVERY opponent they faced in conference after a bye week. Every single one. You thing that was "fair." You thing they would intentionally give everyone two weeks to prepare to upset their media favorite every year?

Yes, but the last time the East was "good" was 2009 maybe.

The SEC could help solve that problem by playing 9 conference games.

the cross-scheduling is Bull ####. Some schools get the shaft to the anus, others walk away happy. I like cross scheduling, but what I would propose is change it, LSU plays Florida and Georgia in 2015, Florida and Vandy 2016, South Carolina and Vandy, 2017, South Carolina and Tennessee in 2018 etc etc etc... 2 yr rotation where they each get a home/home. Florida is not a real rivalry

It is what it is mav... Every team has one permanent rival. I agree changing two would be better, but that's where losing the rivalries comes in. Everyone in the conference still wants to see Bama/UT Auburn/Georgia and LSU/Florida every year. It's just fan favorite big money games.

LSU and Florida aren't as much as a "rival" as the others, but we can think those awesome battles they have had The last 15 years when both were top 10 teams for that.

Yes, but the last time the East was "good" was 2009 maybe.

The SEC could help solve that problem by playing 9 conference games.

No disrespect, but the majority of the sec STILL plays a tougher SOS in conference than the entire country.

For instance, who does the big 12 champ have to go through this year? Let's so OU since you're an OU fan. The only teams who realistically right now would be "tough wins" would be Baylor TCU. Win TWO big games and OU wins the big 12. Let's look at Mizzou. Their games would be Georgia, and the west champion.

Let's compare TCU. Same instance, Two "big" wins. OU and Baylor. Now let's look at Georgia. Bama, Mizzou, and west champion. That's not counting auburn who is on the schedule. So that's THREE possible FOUR if auburn turns around.

Let's compare that to Ohio st. Michigan st and Wisconsin. So one again, 2.

Let's say Ga Tech... Fsu and Clemson. Again, two.

Point is, NOBODY in the entire country besides possibly the SEC west teams should have a problem with the SEC schedules. Because nobody else has a schedule that's noticeably stronger.

Georgia from the east every year is typically the toughest and they're not great. Heck mizzou has won the east the last two years!!!! The entire east is average teams for the most part. That's the problem. They play nobody ooc and have a 7-1 or 8-0, ranked in top 10-15, then bama, lsu or auburn gets to tee off on them boosting them higher in the standings all the while they only get dropped a few spots in the rankings because they lost to a pretty good team. The east stinks except for Georgia most years.

It is what it is mav... Every team has one permanent rival. I agree changing two would be better, but that's where losing the rivalries comes in. Everyone in the conference still wants to see Bama/UT Auburn/Georgia and LSU/Florida every year. It's just fan favorite big money games.

LSU and Florida aren't as much as a "rival" as the others, but we can think those awesome battles they have had The last 15 years when both were top 10 teams for that.

Don't walk away from rivalry games?

No disrespect, but the majority of the sec STILL plays a tougher SOS in conference than the entire country.

For instance, who does the big 12 champ have to go through this year? Let's so OU since you're an OU fan. The only teams who realistically right now would be "tough wins" would be Baylor TCU. Win TWO big games and OU wins the big 12. Let's look at Mizzou. Their games would be Georgia, and the west champion.

Let's compare TCU. Same instance, Two "big" wins. OU and Baylor. Now let's look at Georgia. Bama, Mizzou, and west champion. That's not counting auburn who is on the schedule. So that's THREE possible FOUR if auburn turns around.

Point is, NOBODY in the entire country besides possibly the SEC west teams should have a problem with the SEC schedules. Because nobody else has a schedule that's noticeably stronger.

Good, Georgia finally has to play Alabama this year. It's been like 10 years.

Georgia gets shafted by the cross rival thing too. They have to play Auburn every year.

Georgia Tech being unusually good is making Georgia's schedule better than usual this year. Other than that I don't think it is any tougher than Oklahoma's schedule.

Georgia from the east every year is typically the toughest and they're not great. Heck mizzou has won the east the last two years!!!! The entire east is average teams for the most part. That's the problem. They play nobody ooc and have a 7-1 or 8-0, ranked in top 10-15, then bama, lsu or auburn gets to tee off on them boosting them higher in the standings all the while they only get dropped a few spots in the rankings because they lost to a pretty good team. The east stinks except for Georgia most years.

Florida has 2 MNCs in the last 10 seasons dude... Tennessee is top 20 in total wins. South Carolina has won 11 games 3 of the last 4 seasons... They may not be world beaters THIS SEASON or even last, but they are not "stinks" type teams historically.

Should we consider Texas or USC stinking programs just because they haven't done anything the last 3-4 years?

The reason this debate will never end is because butthurt sec haters like yourself, will continue to move goalpost to win the argument. You want to consider just current success? Fine. I JUST showed you that no other confer nice plays any more "good" teams than even the east. That's not counting the west at all...

Don't walk away from rivalry games?

We didn't walk away. We ran away. A&M was shaking it's boots to play Texas so we came to play the overrated sec teams like Bama and LSU and auburn every year. At least while we are being the 4-8 doormat you promised we would be its against teams that are new to us so we don't feel as bad.

Florida has 2 MNCs in the last 10 seasons dude... Tennessee is top 20 in total wins. South Carolina has won 11 games 3 of the last 4 seasons... They may not be world beaters THIS SEASON or even last, but they are not "stinks" type teams historically.

Should we consider Texas or USC stinking programs just because they haven't done anything the last 3-4 years?

The reason this debate will never end is because butthurt sec haters like yourself, will continue to move goalpost to win the argument. You want to consider just current success? Fine. I JUST showed you that no other confer nice plays any more "good" teams than even the east. That's not counting the west at all...

Texas and Michigan are top 5 in wins in history. Texas has a national title in the last ten years. Yet they are hurting the appearance of the big 12. But Florida gets to hold onto their glory? Relevance is what it is. Florida has none right now. Until they turn it around they won't, same as Texas. So car plays in the sec east and typically has 4 easy ooc games each year. You are familiar with the big 12 from being an aggie, mizzou was a top 25 team at best most years and have won the sex east the last 2 years that wouldn't rival some of the teams they fielded in the big 12.

Texas and Michigan are top 5 in wins in history. Texas has a national title in the last ten years. Yet they are hurting the appearance of the big 12. But Florida gets to hold onto their glory? Relevance is what it is. Florida has none right now. Until they turn it around they won't, same as Texas. So car plays in the sec east and typically has 4 easy ooc games each year. You are familiar with the big 12 from being an aggie, mizzou was a top 25 team at best most years and have won the sex east the last 2 years that wouldn't rival some of the teams they fielded in the big 12.

But you were the one that said Georgia is the only worthy team in the east.

I'm all for counting Florida AND Texas as formidable opponents, but you can't just pick and choose when we do so. I based my entire argument off of YOUR parameters. If you want to include historical success I'm down with that. Still doesn't change my argument. Enhances it really.

As for the South Carolina statement.... South Carolina plays Clemson every year dude. That argument is not valid either. Please do a little research before you try to swim in waters you are unfamiliar with. Again... Trying to move goalpost.

As far as Mizzou in the big 12 goes.... If we really are going to start going that route, it's no different than the big 12 north vs south. For 15 years the north was Nebraska, occasionally Colorado in the beginning and then a bunch of scrubs. When Nebraska fell a little Mizzou picked up the slack. But still... The north was far weaker than what the sec east is now. Didn't seem to bother you then...

We didn't walk away. We ran away. A&M was shaking it's boots to play Texas so we came to play the overrated sec teams like Bama and LSU and auburn every year. At least while we are being the 4-8 doormat you promised we would be its against teams that are new to us so we don't feel as bad.

I was talking about all your conference teams u walked away from after whining wanting to be treated like a big boy.

And yes, while the Aggies have overachieved from what I expected, they still seem to be about what they were in the big 12.

But you were the one that said Georgia is the only worthy team in the east.

I'm all for counting Florida AND Texas as formidable opponents, but you can't just pick and choose when we do so. I based my entire argument off of YOUR parameters. If you want to include historical success I'm down with that. Still doesn't change my argument. Enhances it really.

Relevance matters. Use common sense. Are Texas and Michigan good for supporting arguments for their conference. No!!! Haven't been in several years. Tgen neither has Florida. It's called relevance

I was talking about all your conference teams u walked away from after whining wanting to be treated like a big boy.

And yes, while the Aggies have overachieved from what I expected, they still seem to be about what they were in the big 12.

You're basing this off 3 years of work? One of which they won 11 games and murdered OU, a team that owned them for years? That team was the same as the big 12 ones?

It's far too early to tell what A&M will or won't be in the sec. They have the markings of a legit top 10 team right now. If they finish strong, that's 2 of 4 years ranked in the top 10 at the end of the season. Is THAT what they typically did in the big 12? The sample size is far too small right now.

But while we wait on that size to grow, I'll just keep watching the Ags play in a 500 million dollar facility and see us get twice the national exposure we use to. It probably was a dumb move now that I think about.

Relevance matters. Use common sense. Are Texas and Michigan good for supporting arguments for their conference. No!!! Haven't been in several years. Tgen neither has Florida. It's called relevance

😂😂😂

If we aren't counting Florida or Texas, explain to me how this, is wrong. Then if you can't. Quit your crying about the east.

As for the South Carolina statement.... South Carolina plays Clemson every year dude. That argument is not valid either. Please do a little research before you try to swim in waters you are unfamiliar with. Again... Trying to move goalpost.

As far as Mizzou in the big 12 goes.... If we really are going to start going that route, it's no different than the big 12 north vs south. For 15 years the north was Nebraska, occasionally Colorado in the beginning and then a bunch of scrubs. When Nebraska fell a little Mizzou picked up the slack. But still... The north was far weaker than what the sec east is now. Didn't seem to bother you then...

The big 12 rotated teams every two years. They didn't have one set game and one rotating between 6

The big 12 rotated teams every two years. They didn't have one set game and one rotating between 6

See my previous post.... Even with the current system, the east plays as many or more "good" or "relevant" teams as any other conference format. Until you can dispute something different, stop crying pumpkin.

You're basing this off 3 years of work? One of which they won 11 games and murdered OU, a team that owned them for years? That team was the same as the big 12 ones?

It's far too early to tell what A&M will or won't be in the sec. They have the markings of a legit top 10 team right now. If they finish strong, that's 2 of 4 years ranked in the top 10 at the end of the season. Is THAT what they typically did in the big 12? The sample size is far too small right now.

But while we wait on that size to grow, I'll just keep watching the Ags play in a 500 million dollar facility and see us get twice the national exposure we use to. It probably was a dumb move now that I think about.

👌🏼 ok

And yes, much the same as when in the big 12. A really good year every so often setting the bar high just for an underachieving year to follow. However they get the sec bump in the rankings

See my previous post.... Even with the current system, the east plays as many or more "good" or "relevant" teams as any other conference format. Until you can dispute something different, stop crying pumpkin.

It was much the same as the sec east. A decent team each year, enough to make some noise and help the conference look better. At least Kansas won an orange bowl