Week 3 California @ Texas

JustAFan11

Only people on here could watch a good first half of football and all they can point to or talk about is one stupid play about a injury or fake injury that has had no impact on the game, except to take another shot at strong. Give me a break.

Who's taking a shot at Strong? Who's taking away from the rest of the first half? I'm as much a Texas fan as anyone you'll find. What they had him do was still wrong and there's no place in the game for it.

Come on JustAFan, that's an excuse and you know it. Injury or not, that is NOT why he was told to go down. He was told to go down because he wasn't going to get off the field in time. Any other team does that, and you're saying the same thing as everyone else here. Heck, it was my team that did do it, and I'm still in agreement with everyone else here.

Fact is, it was wrong and they should have been penalized for it. I hate it when other teams do it, and I hated it when my team just did it.

I don't agree and the play doesn't bother me. What's the difference if he stays down under the pile and if he falls down after getting up. Fact is he's still injured. A Cal player had the game stopped earlier because of an arm injury and he could have easily walked off the field but he later there. It's the same thing.

Freeman didn't fake the injury, he had a shoulder injury and we were penalized for it by having to use our second timeout.

I don't agree and the play doesn't bother me. What's the difference if he stays down under the pile and if he falls down after getting up. Fact is he's still injured. A Cal player had the game stopped earlier because of an arm injury and he could have easily walked off the field but he later there. It's the same thing.

Freeman didn't fake the injury, he had a shoulder injury and we were penalized for it by having to use our second timeout.

You're focusing on the wrong thing. I'm not talking about the injury. I'm talking about the fact they had him go down to avoid a penalty. There is a BIG difference between a player getting injured and not being able to get up, and a player getting hurt and being able to get up and run off on his own only to be told to go down because he's not going to make it in time and cost his team a penalty.

Really? Did you see Strong give the signal?

Not trying to bash here....but if any coach gives it, it's an extension of the HC. We give the HC credit for wins, we give them the blame for losses, it's strong who gets all the love for being a super great guy and core values... So it's the HC who gets the blame for things like this. We do it to every program. Sumlin gets blamed for the defense, Briles gets blamed for his kids being knuckleheads...it's part of being a HC

You're focusing on the wrong thing. I'm not talking about the injury. I'm talking about the fact they had him go down to avoid a penalty. There is a BIG difference between a player getting injured and not being able to get up, and a player getting hurt and being able to get up and run off on his own only to be told to go down because he's not going to make it in time and cost his team a penalty.

We'll just have to disagree. Freeman had a injury and deserves the same right as any other injured player.

My biggest problem with the first half is the BS targeting call. Both players were committed and couldn't change their trajectories if they wanted.

Agreed. I'm tired of seeing defensive players be penalized for hitting offensive players based on the offensive player lowering his head at the last minute.

We'll just have to disagree. Freeman had a injury and deserves the same right as any other injured player.

Not if he's capable of running off the field and already doing so. Again, you're still focusing on the injury, I'm not.

Listen to what I'm saying, he was not told to go down because he was injured. He was told to go down because he wasn't going to make it off the field before the ball was snapped, resulting in a penalty.

I'm not going to defend that play regardless who the team is...even if it's mine.

Only people on here could watch a good first half of football and all they can point to or talk about is one stupid play about a injury or fake injury that has had no impact on the game, except to take another shot at strong. Give me a break.

I've posted a dozen times. That's not "all I've talked about". Hope this helps.

I just don't like the rule.

I have no problem with the flag, but the ejection is absolutely ridiculous.

I thought all 'scoring' plays were reviewed. If it's not called a score, then shouldn't the coach have to challenge?

The booth reviews ANY play they believe is close. It doesn't have to be a scoring play or challenged.

The booth reviews ANY play they believe is close. It doesn't have to be a scoring play or challenged.

Then what is the point of coaches ever having to challenge then? Think about it, a coach only challenges plays that are close. If the booth is going to review any play that is close, then why do coaches need challenges at all?

Then what is the point of coaches ever having to challenge then? Think about it, a coach only challenges plays that are close. If the booth is going to review any play that is close, then why do coaches need challenges at all?

The challenge is a coaches option to stop the game without the TO. Like if the offense hurries up and is about to get the snap off and the booth doesn't want to review or doesn't get it in time, the coach can challenge and if he wins he keeps the TO.

3rd game in a row the QB has been the leading rusher. That's a problem imo.

The offensive line is just so bad... Texas entire offense is just heard zone read, or heard throw a go or tuck and run if the go is covered. The qb run is the most effective play they have.