Week 3 California @ Texas

JustAFan11

The O line showed a little more life tonight. Their 3rd quarter was awful. I know Cal's D isn't very good but 527 yards in your second career start. When we got the ball on the last drive Heard was hopping around, clapping his hands. He was actually excited to get the opportunity to tie/win the game. Then he went out and calmly led the team to what should have been OT. He must be the worst practice QB in America because Texas has not put anyone on the field since VY that could do what Heard did tonight. They need to improve across the board but Heard will save Charlie Strongs job

Like I said earlier must #### to be an Aggie because the Longhorns will be back in the National title hunt in no time and poor Lil a&m will always be bottom feeders. I bet all the a&m faithful cried a lil tonight because Texas is about to start rolling. Love it!

Like I said earlier must #### to be an Aggie because the Longhorns will be back in the National title hunt in no time and poor Lil a&m will always be bottom feeders. I bet all the a&m faithful cried a lil tonight because Texas is about to start rolling. Love it!

😂😂😂 WOW!!!!

this is the most ignorant thing i' ve read in a long time. kudos.

It really #### that the kicker lost the game for Texas after the performance Heard put on the field. I think even WETSU has to give Heard credit for this game.

The kid fought and played hard. it really stinks for Texas that last season they would have won this game with defense, but no offense. This year they were offense with no defense. It's an uphill battle, but Texas took a step in the right direction tonight. This is the first of 4-5 tough games in a row for them. Need to build from this and be ready.

It really #### that the kicker lost the game for Texas after the performance Heard put on the field. I think even WETSU has to give Heard credit for this game.

Rose did not lose the game, he only contributed to the loss. Giving up 10 before the half killed momentum and Texas started the second half poorly.

Still questioning the hands to the face penalty on Jefferson. That was a killer too.

The defense isn't. Not even close. This team will live or die by heards legs. If it's not a busted coverage for a 30+ yard pass, or Heard run, Texas can't move the ball. Especially not with RBs.

The offensive line is just so bad... Texas entire offense is just heard zone read, or heard throw a go or tuck and run if the go is covered. The qb run is the most effective play they have.

Still true after 600+ yards and 44 pts? Heard looked mighty good in the 4th producing first downs after first downs. If the kid is that much better of an option running it than others then I applaud Norvell for getting him going. The sky is the limit for this bunch offensively if Heard continues to play well. Defenses will start to focus on him running, which will take defenders out of pass coverage AND will take eyes off of the RBs in the run game. It's not like with swoopes where defenders would run past swoopes sprinting the other way and not blink an eye.

Hate to say it but I had a wedding to attend. When I returned to watch the tape, the cable went out in the last minute of the 3rd quarter. So I missed the 4th quarter comeback attempt. Hate that it ended with a missed extra point. But with a tie, the outcome could have been the same.

Heard showed he is the quarterback of this team and Texas has some good wide receiver threat options. The question is how to get the running back play improved.

I hate the targeting penalty where there is no "intent" by the player. In my opinion, it should be 15 yards if in the opinion of the official there was no intent. The face mask on Looney (Cal defensive lineman) was much more dangerous, yet he was allowed to stay on the field (I felt there was also no intent on his part based on his immediate reaction and have no issue that he remained in the game).

Offensively I liked what I saw, while the defense needs to improve their tackling.

I agree, same with the safety that was ejected in the Maryland game. Two people running full speed at each other there isn't a whole lot of time to react when you see their head lower. Got no problem with them penalizing it, just don't eject them if its obvious there was no intent to injure.

Shoulder injury or not, the guy was a-ok enough to run off the field. After starting to do that, he reversed direction & flopped down on his back and pretended to be unable to run off the field after the sip coaches signalled him to go down.

Was he supposed to stay on the field with a severe shoulder injury?

Here is the choices if player is truly injured and offense is in hurry up mode and not giving you enough time to sub him out.

1. Have him play though it and take a chance on making it worse.

2. Call a time out if you can.

3. Take a five yard penalty.

4. Player can go down till trainer comes out to check him out and he can be replaced.

2 and 4 are the really only choices you have. why is this so hard to understand. If you have no time outs or your tring to win the game number 4 is what you do.

Now using number 4 just to sub through out the game is wrong. I understand where you are comming from if that is going on.

Was he supposed to stay on the field with a severe shoulder injury?

No. He's supposed to stay down immediately after the last play, or go to the sidelines immediately and get a sub in. Not hover back and fourth looking confused and then all of the sudden "play dead" when the offense is about to snap because he couldn't get off the field in time. I know you're a Texas fan so you don't get it, but if it had been a cal player doing that you would understand just like the rest of America understands. Nobody is blaming the kid for being hurt, but the way it was handled was 99% the coaches trying to avoid cal getting the play off and 1% the kid actually being that injured...