Mineola@Pewitt

brahmas1

The Brahmas are going to bring it Friday night. Mineola better play good mistake free football or they might be in for a surprise. Pewitts defense getting better every week. Last two weeks lots of backups have gotten some good playing time helping them build depth. Now all this spouting off being said, Mineola is the definate favorite but they better not get off the bus looking for a repeat of last year. We'll know soon enough which reserve seat football coach had the right prediction. I predict the Bulls we play hard, hit hard and give them jackets all they want. I seriously doubt it turns into a blowout.

I'm sure the Brahma's will play better than last year. I just want the Jackets to get out of this game without any injuries before district starts. Hope for a good game all around.

Just some numbers to look at and how the Jackets are playing.

2014 after 4 games: 1-3 with 66pf and 71pa

2015 after 4 games: 4-0 with 157pf and 73pa

I'm sure the Brahma's will play better than last year. I just want the Jackets to get out of this game without any injuries before district starts. Hope for a good game all around.

I'm with you 100%. A win Friday night does neither team any good if they lose a key piece of the puzzle to injury. Hope everyone come out healthy!

Mineola's offense is incredible. Those 4 cats are special.

I was not very impressed with their defense though.

I think the Jacket defense is right on track. After 4 games they are averaging 18 points a game, almost exactly the same as last year at this time. And the coaches have been subbing in alot of new players to get experience. That's what the pre-district games are for. All 5 teams that the Jackets have played in pre-district will make the play-offs again this year just like last year, yes even Lone Oak after they get healthy.

Anyway with the Off. averaging almost 40ppg and the Def. allowing 18ppg, how many games will the Jackets win this season?Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Bueller????

As you know that average will not hold in the playoffs. Mineola will go 10-0 because they are high powered and their District isn't too strong (although Mineola is). If a long playoff run is the goal, the defense will have to be better. I have only seen Lone Oak vs Mineola game but Lone Oak had 300 yards with 4 JV guys starting on the O.

Not saying Mineola's defense is bad by any stretch just not nearly as dominant as the O.

As you know that average will not hold in the playoffs. Mineola will go 10-0 because they are high powered and their District isn't too strong (although Mineola is). If a long playoff run is the goal, the defense will have to be better. I have only seen Lone Oak vs Mineola game but Lone Oak had 300 yards with 4 JV guys starting on the O.

Not saying Mineola's defense is bad by any stretch just not nearly as dominant as the O.

Yeah a long play-off run is the goal. Week 3 non-district games "in the long run" really don't have any bearing on that. The Jackets won't be the 75 Wildcats or the 83 Tigers, but if they can be like last years team that averaged 17 allowed per game I will take that. And that's what they are doing right now.

PP is pumped for this one. I hope the kids have improved as much as some of us think they have. I feel like we will make a game of it. This is a pride game for the kids, last year we let Mineola putt a whoopin on us of historic proportions. Probably one of the worst Pewitt has ever taken. I think they will be ready for some getting even come Friday night. I still won't say we're going to win, but I'd bet my shorts those kids want to prove theyre better than what we did last season, injuries or not.