Week 5 Hughes Springs @ Spring Hill

Horns85

I personally would love to see HS step out of their comfort zone & throw the ball more. I think that will help with keeping those boys running the ball a little healthier & on the injury free side. Senior QB Malik Chism can run the heck out of that football but that up & coming 2nd string QB that's just a sophomore has a pretty strong arm on him 😆 I like his throwing game. Martinez is absolutely insane when he runs the ball & can take a hard hit like he enjoyed & wants more lol. McEntire had some nice tackles at the end of the game as well. Glad to see him & Martinez both back out on the field. Let's pray both teams play with great sportsmanship, respect the officials, stay injury free, play to the best of their abilities, & give all the glory to God! Mustang Nation❤❤❤

Yes please work on passing game tomorrow night. Hehe

It really is a good idea. Eventually you will meet a team that will stack the line and shut down the run game.

Maybe Spring Hill will switch their defense to the Celina 10 1. Just for this game. Yea I know, you can't just change defenses and expect it to work. Panthers will have to take some chances though.

As a outsider looking in, Hughes Springs doesn't have a problem scoring points. The Mustangs shall breeze through district but the question is. Can the defense step up and stop someone in the playoffs?

I agree with both statements the Mustangs will have to throw the ball in the playoffs to make a run but the defense will have to help slow down the other team too. Just by listening to 88 sounds like yall got some good coaches and they will get it figured out by then.

Next year an another Thanksgiving at home. Hs gonna move up an things want get much easier for the stangs

I can assure you that the Mustangs will be just fine next year. If they move into the same district as Daingerfield how do you figure it will be tougher? That district is weak right now.

Astrodog14 I never said if I was coaching what I would do I said I personally would like to see them pass the ball more...thank you. Slaphands yes let's keep running the ball & doing the same plays that put points on the board but when you come against a team that shuts that down then what??? Why not utilize the talent you have on your team. Gotta take risk sometimes otherwise you'll be sitting at home on a Friday night when you know you should still be playing. I want to win hands down no excuses whatever it takes but that running game isn't going to work all the time & when players start getting injuries from running the ball all the time instead of mixing it up then everyone will start crying saying they should have passed the ball more same ole same sad song I hear every year after we get put out in the 2nd round of the playoffs. So all I'm saying is if the running game works fine but if not don't be scared to pass the ball. Anyone else have anything they would like to throw my way while I'm on a roll?

Astrodog14 I never said if I was coaching what I would do I said I personally would like to see them pass the ball more...thank you. Slaphands yes let's keep running the ball & doing the same plays that put points on the board but when you come against a team that shuts that down then what??? Why not utilize the talent you have on your team. Gotta take risk sometimes otherwise you'll be sitting at home on a Friday night when you know you should still be playing. I want to win hands down no excuses whatever it takes but that running game isn't going to work all the time & when players start getting injuries from running the ball all the time instead of mixing it up then everyone will start crying saying they should have passed the ball more same ole same sad song I hear every year after we get put out in the 2nd round of the playoffs. So all I'm saying is if the running game works fine but if not don't be scared to pass the ball. Anyone else have anything they would like to throw my way while I'm on a roll?

Would someone read this and put it in cliff note form

While you might have something HSmama, know that the coaches are doing their very best to put the best prepared players on the field each week, preparing and analyzing.... What will work the best against each team...

I will bet a ton of money that we don't see or know about a lot that goes on during practice and behind the scenes...

The best thing for this team this year and every year is to be focused on the goal and hearing it for the coaches who KNOW what they are doing and not us "sideline" coaches, is the only way they get there, divison or back biting won't get us to the promised land!!

HS needs to keep doing what they are doing. Run something that fits the personnel. Buy into it. Get the kids to buy into it. And practice it enough to get good at it. That's what they have done. I think the coaches and kids have done a great job with this offense. We have kids that run block to perfection. Pass protection? Not so much. HS needs to pass when they don't expect it. 3 or 4 times a game tops. And even for that to be effective, they have to complete 90% of those. I guess what I'm trying to say is HS would be a lot easier to defend if they passed 50% of the time. Keep on running that nasty thing coach! Everyone has an opinion, that's just mine.

HS needs to keep doing what they are doing. Run something that fits the personnel. Buy into it. Get the kids to buy into it. And practice it enough to get good at it. That's what they have done. I think the coaches and kids have done a great job with this offense. We have kids that run block to perfection. Pass protection? Not so much. HS needs to pass when they don't expect it. 3 or 4 times a game tops. And even for that to be effective, they have to complete 90% of those. I guess what I'm trying to say is HS would be a lot easier to defend if they passed 50% of the time. Keep on running that nasty thing coach! Everyone has an opinion, that's just mine.

I agree & I'm in no way taking anything from our running game because that's one thing HS has always been top dog at but I would like to see our passing game be equally as strong along with our defense. I have no complaints with our coaching staff they are flat out the best around in my book. I know how hard they work with these boys because my son comes home every day exhausted & he's in great shape. I just don't want to see a repeat of HS getting knocked out of the playoffs because of so many injuries from running the ball. But what do I know I'm just a mom!

Completely off of the subject but Spring Hill has one of the best things going that I have ever seen in Texas HS Football. A few years ago I was hanging out with a buddy of mine that still coaches and his team was running that day at the SH Track Meet and we went into their Field House for a nice fish fry lunch and as we were sitting there I noticed that every locker had the name on a plaque of every kid that had ever used that locker along with any honors such as all district, or all area, etc engraved on the plaques, maybe they had some of their statistics too. I have no idea what SH Coach came up with that idea way back when but whomever it was I salute you Sir, outstanding idea.

Oh and I have to go with HS on this one, not SH.