Beckville VS Union Grove

BearcatBlue

On UG, I don't care. They are so over rated. In football, girls/boys basketball for 2 years, they go 1 and done in the playoff's.

Why the hate on the Grove? They've been anything but overrated. Before 2013, their last playoff appearance was in the 60s. And for the record, they weren't one and done in '14. They got a first round bye due to winning their district. Then they defeated Lovelady in round 2. They lost to Alto in round 3. In '13 they were eliminated in round 1 by Waskom. So their two playoff defeats have been to a state-semi finalist, and to the program that has dominated at the 2A level for the last decade. So again, why the hate?

Trueblue I'm finding out the while most of us want to talk football, we have some wanting to talk trash while hiding behind the keyboard

Congratulations to Beckville in beating a team that went 3 deep in the playoffs and was stopped by re-known powerhouses and state contenders two years in a row.

To Union Grove thanks for making the first half a real football game. Kept the Beckville fans on the edge of their seats, thinking they just might loose a game they were suppose to win. May help them down the road.

To the newbie who has only posted 27 post since August, and forever; you haven't had much football or anything to post about. If Smoaky had to depend you this column would die in the wind. It takes most posters less time to find out this is mostly trash talk.

But if gives folks a place to brag on their team, air their frustrations, and maybe bring somethings to the attentions of others. I am thankful that 99% of us don't have any control over what happens on the field. We are on here because we love the game and I am thankful that Smoaky provides us this avenue.

• Like 1

Bearcats dominated second half. Sure hope Bearcat #9 is OK.

High ankle sprain. We have a bye this week, and Cushing after that to start district, so he possible will have 2 weeks to recover if the coaches decide to hold him out against Cushing.