Ennis 57, Jacksonville 0 -- Final.

Monte1076

Monte, They sure did kick the FG on 1st down with 6 mins to play. It was about 40 yds I believe. Seems they were afraid that if they ran another play they would score another TD. The clock never stopped after that. I felt a little bad for Jacksonville was complete domination, but that's how a State Champion starts.

Give jvilles coach time he will be fine. There is talent here just the attitudes from the last couple of years staffs did not develope the players. I have a child that plays for jacksonville and the way coach Coleman and his staff work with these kids is remarkable. Maybe not on the scoreboard now but for life his is on the right track.

• Like 1

Monte, They sure did kick the FG on 1st down with 6 mins to play. It was about 40 yds I believe. Seems they were afraid that if they ran another play they would score another TD. The clock never stopped after that. I felt a little bad for Jacksonville was complete domination, but that's how a State Champion starts.

According to the DMN, there was 4:28 left in the game when Ennis kicked that FG on 1st down, and it was 32 yards. Just after a play and a personal foul I believe.

I'm actually surprised they didn't start a "running clock" toward the end of the 3rd quarter, or at the beginning of the 4th.