Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Pine Tree  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Marshall in a close one
    • PT in a close one
    • Marshall in a blowout
    • PT in a blowout

FYI, I don't know what he's talking about in his explanation of why we took over. We didn't even have 100 yards rushing going into halftime up 34-6. That's not what caused things to "snowball" in his words.

I second that. The passing game and defense were the reason it snowballed in the first half. Second half was a a clinic in running the football mostly with the 2's and 3's.

JV beat PT tonight 7-0. They are now (2-3), (1-1)

9th grade won 34-24. They are now (3-2), (2-0)

MJHS beat Foster 28-20 to improve to (4-0)

Glad to see the JV fighting through a tough situation considering how many of "their" guys are on Varsity this season. They will appreciate those reps in the future. They are a 1 point loss away from being (3-2). Ugly football.... but they are playing hard.

9th grade is keeps improving. They struggled against Gilmer...... and the long road trip to Dallas for the Crandall game. Other than that, the offense is looking good. Defense still needing some work.

Guess I need to make it out to a JH game. I've been told these guys are very good with technique. Maybe using 7th grade strictly for drills, flag football, and working on technique in place of "real games" is working. I was unsure about it when it was first announced, but..... hard to argue a (4-0) start. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong about something....lol.

--------

Ready to take care of PT Friday night. Been a LONG time since we've known what (5-0) feels like (1996). Makes those 2011, 12, and 13 seasons fade away a bit.

But the real test is next week and 2 weeks from now. This will show how far we've come.... and how much further we have to go.

But.....no doubt... this is more fun than those 3 seasons for sure!

Worst half of Marshall football in 3 or 4 years.

We have wasted 21 points we should have. Pretty pitiful TBH.

Sloppy stupid football.

Longview will hang 100 on us if we do this mess next week.

We lost to PT in 2011 28-21 en route to a 2-8 season.