Week 5 Texas @ TCU

JustAFan11

I got out of it a while back. One of the first things they tell you is you can't call it if you did not see it. As an official if you turn and think you saw something that is not good enough. Example. Your following the ball turn back a little and see def player going down with a offense player right behind him. He might have blocked him in the back but there feet could have tangled up to. In all levels this year it seems a lot of calls are being made that just don't just don't make no sense. I don't think they have a agenda just to much guess work. If it is not clear don't call it.

I like the attitude of this Texas team right now, from the player quotes at yesterday's press conference. They aren't blaming anyone but themselves and using the last two games as motivation.

TCU is a tough matchup for our defense because of Boykins ability to make plays with his legs. Doctson killed us on jump balls alone last year.

I think Texas defense has to keep Boykin in the pocket and stop the run. That will leave the young DBs on an island but those will make plays and give up plays. I can live with that!

I like the attitude of this Texas team right now, from the player quotes at yesterday's press conference. They aren't blaming anyone but themselves and using the last two games as motivation.

TCU is a tough matchup for our defense because of Boykins ability to make plays with his legs. Doctson killed us on jump balls alone last year.

I think Texas defense has to keep Boykin in the pocket and stop the run. That will leave the young DBs on an island but those will make plays and give up plays. I can live with that!

The "keep Boykin in the pocket" theory needs to die.

@justinwells2424: Players-Only meeting in Austin clears the air, guys remain focused, ready for Frogs: http://t.co/rXJc4aiV91 (FREE) http://t.co/0clFPoUv16

How would suggest defending the TCU offense?

Ideally, Texas should play to dominate the time of possession in order to limit the amount of time TCU has to make plays.

If the UT offense has a bunch of 3 and outs then the defense will be eaten alive.

Ideally, Texas should play to dominate the time of possession in order to limit the amount of time TCU has to make plays.

If the UT offense has a bunch of 3 and outs then the defense will be eaten alive.

Of course, but I assumed that was an every game strategy for us! Lol

With Boykin, Texas could use a certain type of scheme to minimize his scrambling ability that keeps him in the pocket. The name of it escapes me now but I've heard it described here before. 😀

• Like 1

With Boykin, Texas could use a certain type of scheme to minimize his scrambling ability that keeps him in the pocket. The name of it escapes me now but I've heard it described here before. 😀

Like a detective or agent or a look out? I like it, we should have someone secretly follow him on the field!

It wouldn't matter. He'll put up 50 either way. :) But hey... Maybe the score will stay close and you can hang onto that!

If Texas gets the defense and offense to click in the same game they will be a holy terror in the Big 12. I just don't think it will happen this week and it may not happen until next year. TCU 42 Texas 31

Yes. If they can combine Heards 500 yards of the Cal game with defensive points and turnovers of the OK State game, I don't think many teams could hang with them. Let's just hope they put it all together vs Baylor

That ain't Bobby Knight. That was Clayton Williams and it cost him the Governorship of Texas. I see by your login name that your a real bad A## but that's some punk talk

Clayton Williams ran for governor in 1990. Bobby Knight said this in 1988. I'm sure he wasn't the first to say it. You are wrong though. It is a stupid thing to say. I apologize for this. I'm sorry to offend anyone on this website. I'm sorry Texas is trash. I'm sorry that they won't be able to stop Boykin. I'm sorry for such an offensive screen name.

DO NOT SAY THE WORD. We are pleasantly void of one annoyance at the moment

You're not void of it, I'm just not going to argue with ignorance anymore. You guys literally have no clue what I'm talking about and that's fine. You can't read simple explanations and understand it and that's fine. You win.

@justinwells2424: Jay Norvell and Jerrod Heard talk adjustments, headsets, and TCU: http://t.co/fiATKZFDI8 (FREE) #HookEm http://t.co/FFkwpFwgM5

Seems like Coach Norvell doesn't think OKST was being completely honest with the headset issues.

I of course will get bashed for this, but I don't think Norvell should cross that road. IMO it's not his place to call the osu staff liars. Again, just one man's opinion.