Week 5 Texas @ TCU

JustAFan11

You're not void of it, I'm just not going to argue with ignorance anymore. You guys literally have no clue what I'm talking about and that's fine. You can't read simple explanations and understand it and that's fine. You win.

We do understand what you're talking about, maybe you don't understand what you're talking about. Because you're simple explanation was exactly what we were saying it was. Now if I could just remember that word.....

We do understand what you're talking about, maybe you don't understand what you're talking about. Because you're simple explanation was exactly what we were saying it was. Now if I could just remember that word.....

No. You wrong. It's not a spy if it's four freakin people. It's a game plan.

This is my final attempt to educate you football illiterate fans.... If you can't understand the difference as laid out by this website than you have no business being in a sports forum.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictionary/nfl/spying-the-quarterback.aspx

a "QB contain" strategy where the goal is to keep the quarterback from getting outside. In spying it involves a SINGLE player who watches the quarterback from behind the line of scrimmage. It can be a risky strategy because you're taking 1 of your 11 players to mirror the quarterback as opposed to helping with pass coverage or stopping the run.

I of course will get bashed for this, but I don't think Norvell should cross that road. IMO it's not his place to call the osu staff liars. Again, just one man's opinion.

I didn't REALLY call them out. He said "the other teams headsets weren't working to their liking".

So he kinda does but didn't just say, hey they lied about the headsets!

After being at ou for a few years I'm sure he's not a fan of Gundy.

The suspicious part off all this is during the game when the play by play guy tells the viewers that the headsets weren't working they showed a shot of Strong taking his off. The announcer says "Texas will have to go without theirs as well" right after the shot of Strong they switch cameras to Gundy who still has his headset on and is talking into it. After halftime neither team was using them.

This is my final attempt to educate you football illiterate fans.... If you can't understand the difference as laid out by this website than you have no business being in a sports forum.

a "QB contain" strategy where the goal is to keep the quarterback from getting outside. In spying it involves a SINGLE player who watches the quarterback from behind the line of scrimmage. It can be a risky strategy because you're taking 1 of your 11 players to mirror the quarterback as opposed to helping with pass coverage or stopping the run.

Ok, thanks for the edumucation. I guess the coaches I know are dumb too. I'll pass your info on to them as well so they won't be dumb anymore either. You really should've been a coach you know?! No telling sumlin might be working for you.

Ok, thanks for the edumucation. I guess the coaches I know are dumb too. I'll pass your info on to them as well so they won't be dumb anymore either. You really should've been a coach you know?! No telling sumlin might be working for you.

The coaches you know are dumb I guess. Using your entire defensive line to try and coral the qb and contain him within the pocket is definitely not the same as having a spy. What I've been trying to tell you football geniuses from the beginning. But I'm an Aggie. What do we know about defense right lol.

That's the NFL defenition. This is a college football forum. Come on man you've gone from being off topic to being off forum.

I'll give a prediction Friday, but I'll tell you Texas will cover the spread.

How confident are you on that? Can I trust you with my weekend bets? I'm on the fence about that spread so I'm looking for some very concrete belief one way or the other.

How confident are you on that? Can I trust you with my weekend bets? I'm on the fence about that spread so I'm looking for some very concrete belief one way or the other.

I'll be totally shocked if TCU wins by 18. This Texas team has more fight than past teams.

Down 21 to Cal in the 4th and they should've gone to OT.

Down 14-3 to OKST and they come back and have the lead until 1:41 to go. They even fought themselves/refs for the whole game and had 2 TDs called back.

Texas is a couple plays from being 3-1 with wins over 2 top 25 teams. But they didn't finish and are 1-3 instead. This isn't a bad team like last year, this is a young team still trying to put it all together. That's just my opinion!

Also it's an 11am kickoff I like road teams on early kickoffs!

I'll be totally shocked if TCU wins by 18. This Texas team has more fight than past teams.

Down 21 to Cal in the 4th and they should've gone to OT.

Down 14-3 to OKST and they come back and have the lead until 1:41 to go. They even fought themselves/refs for the whole game and had 2 TDs called back.

Texas is a couple plays from being 3-1 with wins over 2 top 25 teams. But they didn't finish and are 1-3 instead. This isn't a bad team like last year, this is a young team still trying to put it all together. That's just my opinion!

Also it's an 11am kickoff I like road teams on early kickoffs!

The horns have been gutted by the pass. I think TCU shreds this defensive secondary, and 300 yards of offense will not cover the spread this week....

TCU gave up 300 yards to Minn, 400+ to SMU, and 500 to Tech. If they don't tighten it up it will be a shoot out. Texas is steadily improving on D. If the offense shows up they could steal one

I think Texas will put up offensive numbers between Minnesota and SMU. Depends on which Heard you get, either being the kid that was a monster against Cal or the one that sputtered against Oklahoma State.

While Tech has their problems, moving the ball and scoring isn't one of them this year. Texas doesn't currently have the capability to match Tech offensively.

I think Texas will put up offensive numbers between Minnesota and SMU. Depends on which Heard you get, either being the kid that was a monster against Cal or the one that sputtered against Oklahoma State.

While Tech has their problems, moving the ball and scoring isn't one of them this year. Texas doesn't currently have the capability to match Tech offensively.

I don't think they will be in the Tech range but Texas should be able to give an output greater than SMU. IF, like you said, the Jerod Heard we saw against Cal shows up