Week Seven: Longview at Marshall

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-1) vs Marshall Mavericks (5-0)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

Would that be an easy few scores though?

After watching a few games of Marshall, I would say probably. I'm not sold on their defense. Plus, they're not that big or fast, so I do feel that we would have the advantage on the lines and with our playmakers on the edges. The Pack offense has struggled at times and our run defense is suspect too at times, which is why I said "probably"..

After watching a few games of Marshall, I would say probably. I'm not sold on their defense. Plus, they're not that big or fast, so I do feel that we would have the advantage on the lines and with our playmakers on the edges. The Pack offense has struggled at times and our run defense is suspect too at times, which is why I said "probably"..

I haven't seen Marshall other than a few YouTube clips, but I have been told by my family that Marshall basically overloaded the offense with all of the talent in hopes to score a lot and hopefully make a few stops along the way. Although, I have seen some footage of the Marshall D Line being pretty quick getting off the ball.

I haven't seen Marshall other than a few YouTube clips, but I have been told by my family that Marshall basically overloaded the offense with all of the talent in hopes to score a lot and hopefully make a few stops along the way. Although, I have seen some footage of the Marshall D Line being pretty quick getting off the ball.

The games are all online for anyone to see......

There is 2 sophomores on the oline that could be studs on the dline. Our best corner last year was moved to full time wr this year. He woulda been shutdown. We have a big bodied senior wr that started at lb as a soph. So yeah, our defense could have alot more to work with. We do have some major playmakers on d though. Have probably the top dlineman in all ET. A D1 safety and 2 4 year starters at lb. One was a rb before this year, but hes getting better everygame. Started at rb/wr his first 3 years. So theres potential. Will need a full TEAM effort friday though

There is 2 sophomores on the oline that could be studs on the dline. Our best corner last year was moved to full time wr this year. He woulda been shutdown. We have a big bodied senior wr that started at lb as a soph. So yeah, our defense could have alot more to work with. We do have some major playmakers on d though. Have probably the top dlineman in all ET. A D1 safety and 2 4 year starters at lb. One was a rb before this year, but hes getting better everygame. Started at rb/wr his first 3 years. So theres potential. Will need a full TEAM effort friday though

Sooo....then, this should be a good game right? I think it was you that said Mavs had the best pure passer and Rb in the pines and now the best dlineman and a D1 safety.

Sooo....then, this should be a good game right? I think it was you that said Mavs had the best pure passer and Rb in the pines and now the best dlineman and a D1 safety.

Not just saying that. I truly believe that about those 3. The d lineman won the overall defensive and dline mvp at the etsn combine. He was hurt last year and won district newcomer as a soph. The safety has a couple d1 offers already. The rb you will have to see to understand. Ive seen him listed as one of the top 2017 rbs in the state. The qb is a 4 year starter. The talent is there, but it takes all 22 players and special teams to beat lview. Longview usually wins just on physicality and depth. Thats what sets them apart from Marshall right now. Marshall has 8 guys thats in their 3rd or 4th year as varsity starters. BUT, we also have 7 sophomores STARTING. Hence the struggling jv. I do expect a good game, but we will have to be more physical and not turn the ball over.

The games are all online for anyone to see......

I have a job and 5 kids all under the age of 5... you come babysit for 4 hours so I can watch them ;) If it took longer than 2 minutes to make a post I wouldn't be on this site anymore lol

5 yr old girl

4 yr old boy

2 1/2 yr old boy

11 month old twin girls...

If I couldnt afford the surgery after that I was going to do it myself... a scalpel is like $2...

I'm praying for ya. It was difficult for me to watch and "babysit" my two little cousins that were around that age. That was just for a few hours, but after they left, I said NEVER again...lol
  • Like 1

The visitor side is sold out too? And I don't remember the Mavs having a hill to watch the game on. Welp

If it isn't yet, it will be by end of day.

We usually end up taking over the empty seats in the band section when we're there lol

It's gonna be filled all along the fence for sure

Marshall sold their allotment this morning in less than an hour. So homeside is gone.

Only tickets left are what Longview has. If they have any left.

Haven't seen a line like that at the FH for tickets since the state championship game in Tyler.

Glad to see some excitement again!

From MISD:

JUST IN FROM THE MAVERICK TICKET OFFICE:

As of 9 a.m. this morning, Friday's game between Marshall and Longview is officially SOLD OUT.

There are NO MORE tickets available and NONE WILL BE AVAILABLE at the gate on Friday.

Due to fire safety regulations, MISD is not allowed to sell standing-room only tickets. Anyone entering the stadium on Friday must have a ticket.

Thanks to all Maverick fans who have purchased tickets and let's pack the place out on Friday night as the Mavs host the Lobos!

The visitor side is sold out too? And I don't remember the Mavs having a hill to watch the game on. Welp

I wonder if it would be profitable for Marshall to rent or purchase some portable bleachers for this game. I know ETBU used to have a set that they used for away teams for a while