Week Seven: Longview at Marshall

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-1) vs Marshall Mavericks (5-0)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

Yes. Guyer had more talent than us in 2010 and Dekaney did in 2011. Both schools sent more players than us to D-1 schools, as did LT in 2009, LT in 2008, Westlake in 2012, and others, since that was the metric that YOU brought up. Yeah, we gave up defensive TDs to Westlake, but that was how their defense was against everybody that year. Besides, if you're talking about defensive TDs, that's more on player execution than a play that a coach calls. But of course execution are on coaches as well and our players are the best of the best every year who should never lose a game. Even if we DID get outcoached in some of those games, there's no shame in losing to some of those coaches like Chad Morris, Walsh, etc.

I love how this has always been a thing around Longview. The people who may or may not have coached some of the players in pee wee and whatnot keep telling them how talented they are, how the coaches are misusing them, etc. Then they let it get to their heads that they're better than the coaches and they don't work hard, don't prepare, and usually get beat, but of course it's coaching. It's the same thing that happened back when the players staged a "walkout" in Bero's last year.

The deep run I feel like you guys should have won was the loss to Pflugerville in 2007???

I agree UnclePig. Clint Harper has done an outstanding job since returning to Marshall. Playoff appearance his first year. Playoff win his second season. And now in his third a POSSIBLE undefeated district championship. His theme coming in was "Regain Respect" and i think mission accomplished. The school board deserves some credit in recognizing what he would bring and giving him the opportunity.

I agree UnclePig. Clint Harper has done an outstanding job since returning to Marshall. Playoff appearance his first year. Playoff win his second season. And now in his third a POSSIBLE undefeated district championship. His theme coming in was "Regain Respect" and i think mission accomplished. The school board deserves some credit in recognizing what he would bring and giving him the opportunity.

You are correct Real Mavfan. He has done a wonderful job.

Marshall is the new beast of the east. I didn't think that would happened, especially not this year. Y'all will be rank now and have that target on your back.

I do think we are headed in the right direction still..... I'm loving where Coach Harper is leading us.... IN A HURRY....

But we haven't done anything yet. Not belittling beating Longview, because that's never an easy task, particularly for us.

But we are 10 years out from our last district championship, five years out from being at least 3 rounds deep, and 19 years from our last perfect season.

We still have much work to do. Not just this year.... but sustainability like what we've seen from Longview and LP. We had that in the 80's and 90's. And we had it again briefly from 2004-2010-ish.....

But we haven't proven to be a "reload not rebuild" program. That's a goal on the horizon.

I'm just hoping for the day when fans say: Longview, Lufkin, JT, AND Marshall..... instead of Longview, Lufkin, JT, and everyone else......

JMHO

Marshall is the new beast of the east. I didn't think that would happened, especially not this year. Y'all will be rank now and have that target on your back.

Longview is still the beast, this 1 win over them temporarily tames them. They will be more fierce than ever going forward and won't toy around trying to do something they are not next year...

Rewatching the game and this is the closest in size and athleticism we've been to Longview in years usally Longview walks out and there's a thought of dang we're out gunned wasnt the case this year. I'd reckon that's a deviation not the start of a trend.

Rewatching the game and this is the closest in size and athleticism we've been to Longview in years usally Longview walks out and there's a thought of dang we're out gunned wasnt the case this year. I'd reckon that's a deviation not the start of a trend.

Mavs had better receivers...playmakers which Lobos don't have...
  • Like 1

where are you rewatching the game?

If longview would have stick with the running game and play lobo football .We still have a lots to look forward to. It hard for anyone to stop. Plus we have a good bunch of kids coming up . JV team is the largest team i seen in a long time .

22 catches for 394 and 5Tds was leading the district I believe had 183 on 5 catches and a TD Friday night

but he's not the #1 right? Trel is right? Dabbs just terrorized Lobos corner. I actually think Lobos played man. I think that was new. It coulda been worse...I know Mavs dropped I believe two surefire TD's. One I know atleast.

I know it's a few Lobos mad as hell but I'm not. I'm more disappointed at the lack of things for years not being corrected. I can live with the bad receiver play cause Lobos don't have any go gettas at the receiver position. But the gotdang secondary issue just really blows my mind every freaking year! And honestly...it feels like it's being deliberately to prove a point! I mean hello McFly...is anybody home?? It's not working! 11-16 for 300+ yards?!? We always get killed like that!

Jaquavian Dabbs is #17 and our big outside deep threat. Trel Patton is #1 and is more of our slot receiver.

ok I just hadn't heard of Dabbs. Not that I keep up much with other teams but certain players you know. Like no one was expecting big White to explode like he did. But coaching had him tucked away backup LB when he is always been a RB. Go figure...

but he's not the #1 right? Trel is right? Dabbs just terrorized Lobos corner. I actually think Lobos played man. I think that was new. It coulda been worse...I know Mavs dropped I believe two surefire TD's. One I know atleast.

I know it's a few Lobos mad as hell but I'm not. I'm more disappointed at the lack of things for years not being corrected. I can live with the bad receiver play cause Lobos don't have any go gettas at the receiver position. But the gotdang secondary issue just really blows my mind every freaking year! And honestly...it feels like it's being deliberately to prove a point! I mean hello McFly...is anybody home?? It's not working! 11-16 for 300+ yards?!? We always get killed like that!

I'd say he is now but coming in to the season Trel was the unquestioned #1... are you guys young in the back end or just need a new Secondary coach I thought you guys traditionally ran alot of quarters coverage, yall were manned up majority of the night for sure and wouldn't get out of it

I'd say he is now but coming in to the season Trel was the unquestioned #1... are you guys young in the back end or just need a new Secondary coach I thought you guys traditionally ran alot of quarters coverage, yall were manned up majority of the night for sure and wouldn't get out of it

I believe atleast 3 of the back 5 or Seniors. I could be wrong doe...