Week Seven: Longview at Marshall

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-1) vs Marshall Mavericks (5-0)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I sleep perfectly fine regardless of what happens with this team.

You're the one that just had to deal with almost losing to Pine Tree. Not Longview fans.

All you have is one line over and over and over. And you're going to mention it 87 times this week I'm sure just to get your point across (whatever it may be).

End of the day, I'll more than enjoy what we've done the past going on 50 years than what Marshall has had to go through the past five despite winning a State Championship 25 years ago.

This happens every year.

Mav gets upset that Longview fans don't respect Marshall enough, despite nothing being said that was disrespect other than what is actually the facts. Then goes on about 1937 and then it continues etc etc.

I sleep perfectly fine regardless of what happens with this team.

You're the one that just had to deal with almost losing to Pine Tree. Not Longview fans.

All you have is one line over and over and over. And you're going to mention it 87 times this week I'm sure just to get your point across (whatever it may be).

End of the day, I'll more than enjoy what we've done the past going on 50 years than what Marshall has had to go through the past five despite winning a State Championship 25 years ago.

Your response says it all.

It eats at every single Lobo fan that no one alive witnessed that glorious day for Lobo.

Meanwhile.... While it WAS 25 years ago since we won ours, some of us were able to experience it in person and with our own eyes. Not read about it on micro film.

It eats at every single Lobo fan that no one alive witnessed that glorious day for Lobo.

Meanwhile.... While it WAS 25 years ago since we won ours, some of us were able to experience it in person and with our own eyes. Not read about it on micro film.

Cool. Hope it helped take the sting away when Pine Tree was beating you a few years ago. "We are the laughing stock of East Texas, but bah gawd we won state 25 years ago!!" Hope it helped ease the pain of Highland Park beating you so bad that their coach took players out of the game one at a time so they could each have their own ovation. Hope it helped when Longview won their like 15th game in a row last year.

I said a few days ago that PT was a huge trap game. Didnt realize how right I would be. I know our kids were looking at the lobo score instead of what pt was able to do against kilgore and gilmer. They definatly have some salt to their game. Its easy for descent teams to get run out of lobo stadium. Just something about that place.

This happens every year.

Mav gets upset that Longview fans don't respect Marshall enough, despite nothing being said that was disrespect other than what is actually the facts. Then goes on about 1937 and then it continues etc etc.

A loss to Longview historically means very little to how our season goes as a whole.

lol ok.

Whatever ya want to believe. I'm perfectly content where my program is and where we're continuing to be.

I've also never experienced a losing season, want to tell me how that was?

I've also never experienced giving up 50 points in a game, want to tell me how that is?

I've also never experienced a 1-9 season, want to tell me how that is?

I also have absolutely no recollection of what it's like to miss the post season, want to tell me how that is?

I've also never experienced what it's like to lose 59-0 in a State Championship game while players on the other team get standing ovations one by one, want to tell me how that is?

I've also never experienced almost losing to Pine freaking Tree, want to tell he how that is???? Could also tell me how it is to actually lose to them, since ya know we haven't experienced that in going on 30 years.

lol ok.

Whatever ya want to believe. I'm perfectly content where my program is and where we're continuing to be.

I've also never experienced a losing season, want to tell me how that was?

I've also never experienced giving up 50 points in a game, want to tell me how that is?

I've also never experienced a 1-9 season, want to tell me how that is?

I also have absolutely no recollection of what it's like to miss the post season, want to tell me how that is?

I've also never experienced what it's like to lose 59-0 in a State Championship game while players on the other team get standing ovations one by one, want to tell me how that is?

Lake Travis 08 felt like it :(

Cool. Hope it helped take the sting away when Pine Tree was beating you a few years ago. "We are the laughing stock of East Texas, but bah gawd we won state 25 years ago!!" Hope it helped ease the pain of Highland Park beating you so bad that their coach took players out of the game one at a time so they could each have their own ovation. Hope it helped when Longview won their like 15th game in a row last year.

Relishing on the coat tails of HP??? New low.

While Marshall was playing for a state title Longview was playing basketball that day thanks to South Garland (who?????)

Relishing on the coat tails of HP??? New low.

While Marshall was playing for a state title Longview was playing basketball that day thanks to South Garland (who?????)

A team you have to ask "who" about has a win more recently than Marshall does over us...hm...

Im glad we got our funk game out of the way. I still think its going to be a close game entering the 4th. Our D worries me but thinking we are able to score more on longview than any other team will in reg season. Thats only 23 points right now I think. IF we get back to our usual play calling that is.

A team you have to ask "who" about has a win more recently than Marshall does over us...hm...

Those South Garland losses eat at Lobo fans more than that HP game does us.

We got beat by a better team.

Lobo excuse? Wind? Referees? Injured player? Lobo creativity never ceases to amaze.

Im glad we got our funk game out of the way. I still think its going to be a close game entering the 4th. Our D worries me but thinking we are able to score more on longview than any other team will in reg season. Thats only 23 points right now I think. IF we get back to our usual play calling that is.

Yeah Marshall usually reserves those games for Longview. Let's hope they have a few mistakes left in them.