Week Seven: Longview at Marshall

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-1) vs Marshall Mavericks (5-0)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

Guess this thread is goin to be more about trying to hurt each others feelings instead of the game.

The good thing about the pt score: Maybe longview will come in over confident again instead of playing lights out. If we blow out PT, lobos would be amped for this game.

This ###! Whys it feel like we lost? We are 5-0 for first time in 20 years.! We beat pt by only 3 points two years ago to make playoffs and we just won the dang super bowl.

Those South Garland losses eat at Lobo fans more than that HP game does us.

I'm sorry but a South Garland loss from over a decade ago has absolutely no affect on me what so ever.

We've played 129 games and 34 playoff games since that loss. We've won a lot more than we've lost, and we're going to continue to do so. Where's South Garland now? On their way to an 0-10 season 11 seasons after the fact while Longview is about to play for their 9th district championship since that night.

Hold onto whatever ya think we care about at this point.

Guess this thread is goin to be more about trying to hurt each others feelings instead of the game.

The good thing about the pt score: Maybe longview will come in over confident again instead of playing lights out. If we blow out PT, lobos would be amped for this game.

We're not going to come in over confident.

Y'all are about to throw an entire celebration for ending a losing streak against us plus your State Championship and you're going to make us watch it. We'll have more than enough to be amped about.

Those South Garland losses eat at Lobo fans more than that HP game does us.

We got beat by a better team.

Lobo excuse? Wind? Referees? Injured player? Lobo creativity never ceases to amaze.

Umm.... Hell to the Naw-Naw-NAW!!! 2010 Semi-Finals against Denton Guyer as we most of us were PRE-CELEBRATING our (would be) 3rd trip to the State Championship game BuT John King decides to play "Keep from Losing" instead of "Playing to Win" football. Denton Guyer, methodically chips away at our 17-0 lead ALL GAME LONG until they were in position to pull over a MAJOR setback to in my opinion would have been our 1st State Title against Cibolo Steele.

Umm.... Hell to the Naw-Naw-NAW!!! 2010 Semi-Finals against Denton Guyer as we most of us were PRE-CELEBRATING our (would be) 3rd trip to the State Championship game BuT John King decides to play "Keep from Losing" instead of "Playing to Win" football. Denton Guyer, methodically chips away at our 17-0 lead ALL GAME LONG until they were in position to pull over a MAJOR setback to in my opinion would have been our 1st State Title against Cibolo Steele.

That game is on Petey just as much as it is on King. Snapping the ball with 8-9-10 left on the play clock is literally the only reason we lost it. We could've run the clock out if not for doing that.

All trash talk aside.....

Based on what I've seen the last 2 weeks Vs. Hallsville and PT...... Marshall is in trouble Vs. the Lobos. No reason to think the streak ends in 2015.

We have a suspect defense against the run, which is Longview's bread and butter.

And PT had some success through the air..... which Longview is more than capable of doing too.

The Lobo defense will feast on the blandness of our offense if we do this next week.

Our offense, which has looked great most of the season, looked sluggish and predictable Vs. Pine Tree. About as dull and vanilla as you can get, even worse than the Ark. game. Which is hard to fathom. I can't explain the lethargy I saw. It was mind boggling.

The three turnovers were atrocious. We fumbled on the PT 8 and the PT 25, killing fantastic drives. That should have been 14 points for us. Then we failed after recovering a muffed PT punt at the Pirate 6 thanks to penalties and stupidity. That's 21 points we should have had....and wasted away. If this had been a 55-28 win, I doubt this conversation would even be happening.

But we stunk the place up. No doubt. Offense was bad. Defense was bad. Kickoff coverage was pitiful. How many PT drives did we keep alive by penalty? Several. But they returned the favor.

I'd like to think we were looking past PT thinking about Longview, but I'm not sure that's the case. We looked bad.... in every aspect of the game. Very disappointing.

We do this again next week and Longview will embarrass us..... again.

Luckily.... the Lobo game doesn't define our season. We have 4 more after Longview.... and our goals will still be before us. Sometimes you just stink the place up. We did....and we survived. Barely.

Reminds me of Texas High/PT last year. I guess this year was our turn.

Congrats to the Lobos on the Greenville win.

Safe travels next week.

Let the trash talk commence.

Cool. Hope it helped take the sting away when Pine Tree was beating you a few years ago. "We are the laughing stock of East Texas, but bah gawd we won state 25 years ago!!"

tumblr_nk6lp22lJU1re3x32o1_500.gif

Darn it man...you're on a roll tonight.

Absolutely can't argue.

We were terrible. Play like that again and we will end the season 5-5.

Marshall looked like they were thinking ahead to the Longview gm last night and it almost cost them a district loss to PT. Marshall is very talented this yr and for PT to play them that close let me know they were not playing one wk at a time they already had those Lobos on their mind. But all in all Marshall survived that trap gm!! I think this gm will be a pretty darn good gm if the turnover bug doesn't hit either team.

We're not going to come in over confident.

Y'all are about to throw an entire celebration for ending a losing streak against us plus your State Championship and you're going to make us watch it. We'll have more than enough to be amped about.

Not to mention the new uni's they have been suppose to be saving for this game.......

Not to mention the new uni's they have been suppose to be saving for this game.......

It's the same exact uniforms they wore when I played against them in the mid 90's MINUS the Ohio State stripe that they put on. They need to put that Maverick Logo back on the helmets though. Just be Marshall. Now, those black uniforms that I have yet to see from Marshall I heard are SWEET. I heard that they will be in the All-Black uniforms with the Red as a secondary color scheme and the Silver Helmets, though. Got to give Harper credit for thinking outside the box because it looks DAMN good!

Looks like this thread will be Marshall fan post something about the game, followed by 2 pages of Lobo trash talk...

Marshall has a shot at this as a win. Marshall has played far above their talent level in this game during most of this losing streak. But when they play bad, it's been bad...

Friday afternoon I would have predicted a 14 point Longview win.

Friday night at 11pm..... 35. If we are lucky.

We have some serious defensive issues against the rush. Saw it against Ark, Hallsville, and again against PT.

In all 3 games we've had penalties keep drives alive that should have been punts. All three have lead to scores when we should have had the ball.

QB draws are eating our lunch. Option tosses to the right are eating our lunch. I formations. All Lobo staples.

Turnovers haven't been a problem all season. But we lost 3 last night. Inexplicable.

No clue why the offense was so bad. No blocking at all for Haller and Mills. The fumbles after catches were ridiculous. The 40 yard pass attempts on 3rd and 5 were questionable.

Kickoff coverage was nonexistent. PT started most drives at the 40.

We got it handed to us. Props to PT. I don't know if we were looking past them thinking about Longview or if we thought just showing up was going to be enough. Honestly, we just stunk.

I Hope the team knows how lucky they are to escape and it invigorates them to improve. Otherwise Longview will not only beat us, but they will humiliate us.