Week Seven: Longview at Marshall

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-1) vs Marshall Mavericks (5-0)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

That's not trash talk. It's a fact.

K. Whatever.

In spite of Longview's domination of us, we've been in 3 state title games, a semifinal, couple of qtr final teams, along with a nice number of other playoff games since 1969.

Our record against Longview has had very little to do with the bottom line for our seasons historically. And that's a fact.

• Like 1

K. Whatever.

In spite of Longview's domination of us, we've been in 3 state title games, a semifinal, and qtr final teams, along with a nice number of other playoff games since 1969.

Our record against Longview has had very little to do with the bottom line for our seasons historically. And that's a fact.

Ok and that has nothing to do what the quote you're all upset with me about. The quote I was responding to was that Marshall was desperate for a win against Longview. And when it comes to playing us...y'all have been that way since 1969. Y'all are no more desperate to win this week than y'all were last year or 10 years ago. Heck, you've decided to honor your 1988 team this Friday because they ended the (original) streak.

Anyone not wearing green glasses would agree that saying "desperate since 1969" is trash talk.

I don't like losing to Longview. But I'm not upset about it. History says we'll be fine. Just as the Lobos will be.

But saying my comment was trash talking and yours isn't is hilarious. #doublestandard

How many teams in the entire state with 1400 kids or less would have beaten longview during this streak? Not many, if any. So Marshall has nothing to be ashamed of. The ark high game and pine tree game had one big thing in common concerning our Defensive struggles. Our 4th year varsity starting lb only played a couple plays. He got ejected on the 3rd play of the game last night. I know its just one guy, but a 4 year starter is going to be missed.

Back to football talk...gonna be interesting to see how this 'high powered' Marshall offense responds to the #1 defense in the area.

Only one team has been lucky enough to pass for over 100 yards against us this season. That was Lufkin with 108.

Granted, thank goodness the opposing teams' WR's couldn't catch in some of these games. But then again, alot of those throws were rushed because our front 7 have played so darn well this season as well.

Ok and that has nothing to do what the quote you're all upset with me about. The quote I was responding to was that Marshall was desperate for a win against Longview. And when it comes to playing us...y'all have been that way since 1969. Y'all are no more desperate to win this week than y'all were last year or 10 years ago. Heck, you've decided to honor your 1988 team this Friday because they ended the (original) streak.

I think you are confusing "desperate" with excited. Marshall gets excited to play this game whether they are a 50 point favorite or 100 point dog.

Back to football talk...gonna be interesting to see how this 'high powered' Marshall offense responds to the #1 defense in the area.

Only one team has been lucky enough to pass for over 100 yards against us this season. That was Lufkin with 108.

Granted, thank goodness the opposing teams' WR's couldn't catch in some of these games. But then again, alot of those throws were rushed because our front 7 have played so darn well this season as well.

I am with full confidence that Marshall will get 100+ passing... it's the scoring that I'm concerned about

But then again, alot of those throws were rushed because our front 7 have played so darn well this season as well.

A lot of it has been that. Obviously there's some plays that the other team could've made some yardage. But our defense has been in the backfield nearly all season long. I can't see that stopping this week.

So it is your humble opinion that Marshall will be the best offense we've seen all year?

Not my opinion.

Byrd was a machine. Witnessed it with my own eyes. Lufkin has been very good offensively too. Those would have to be the top offenses yall have seen.

Saw where Parkway beat Byrd this weekend though. Kinda surprised me.

Just want to make it known, the only running game we've had in the past two weeks has been in the second half when we're just trying to get out of there.

Both of our lopsided scores have come because of the passing game.

Really it's been like that all year. Throw a lot in the first half, lock it down with the run game in the second. Only timeout didn't happen was against Byrd when we never established anything.

Not my opinion.

Byrd was a machine. Witnessed it with my own eyes. Lufkin has been very good offensively too. Those would have to be the top offenses yall have seen.

Saw where Parkway beat Byrd this weekend though. Kinda surprised me.

Well, that Byrd loss never sat well with me anyway personally for various reasons other than the homer PA guy and the cheating refs.

There will be better teams than Byrd down the road...but we do win that game without the help of their black and white striped individuals.