Dallas Mavericks 2015-16 Thread

Coach Rab

I'm just going to use this thread as a general NBA thread.

@WojYahooNBA: The Houston Rockets fired coach Kevin McHale, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Saw that. Shocked...

I know things are bad, and I know the team had a players only meeting over the weekend, but I didn't know it was that bad. Curious as to who they hire at this point?

Also wonder if they are conceding the season. I can't see a situation where firing your Head Coach just 10 games into the season working out well..

They should have just fired him in the offseason. The only reason that they held off was the Clippers choking away that series.

Think they go after Scott Brooks, or does he hold to his word and sit out the 2015-2016 season?

If they do go after him, it makes the off-season much more interesting. Kevin Durant will be a free agent, and maybe there is a reunion in Houston? I know the Rockets are already planning their push...I personally think Durant stays in OKC or he goes to Washington. Houston sits on the outside looking in right now...

Think they go after Scott Brooks, or does he hold to his word and sit out the 2015-2016 season?

If they do go after him, it makes the off-season much more interesting. Kevin Durant will be a free agent, and maybe there is a reunion in Houston? I know the Rockets are already planning their push...I personally think Durant stays in OKC or he goes to Washington. Houston sits on the outside looking in right now...

I don't think Brooks meshes with the way Houston wants to do things.

Scott Brooks is trash. This is the guy who had James Harden on his team and wouldn't let him start. There is a shortage of decent NBA coaches so I can see him going somewhere. Houston is a possibility. Houston would be the last place KD would go.

Scott Brooks is trash. This is the guy who had James Harden on his team and wouldn't let him start. There is a shortage of decent NBA coaches so I can see him going somewhere. Houston is a possibility. Houston would be the last place KD would go.

Hardin on the bench was their best season at OKC.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hardin on the bench was their best season at OKC.....

Ok and if he actually started we would have won the championship. Foolish decision on Brooks part. If anyone thinks the Thunder were better off sitting Harden on the bench they are a fool. Harden has been a top 5 scorer every season since he left, and now the Thunders weakest spot is at Shooting Guard. Trust me, they regret letting him go.

Ok and if he actually started we would have won the championship. Foolish decision on Brooks part. If anyone thinks the Thunder were better off sitting Harden on the bench they are a fool. Harden has been a top 5 scorer every season since he left, and now the Thunders weakest spot is at Shooting Guard. Trust me, they regret letting him go.

Harden didn't want to stay.

Plus if you are an OKC fan then you should remember Harden sucking the whole the 2012 finals. Him starting or not had zero impact on that series.

Harden didn't want to stay.

Plus if you are an OKC fan then you should remember Harden sucking the whole the 2012 finals. Him starting or not had zero impact on that series.

if he'd started, and they would've paid him, he would've stayed. Since they didn't offer enough houston did and the rest was history. 1 struggling finals isnt enough to just give up on him for. Good try

if he'd started, and they would've paid him, he would've stayed. Since they didn't offer enough houston did and the rest was history. 1 struggling finals isnt enough to just give up on him for. Good try

Didn't say it was. I was just commenting on the idea that he presented that said OKC lost that finals because Harden came off the bench. OKC lost that finals because Miami's role players outplayed OKC's. Go look at the stat lines of Mario Chalmers and Mike Miller in that series. It was just ridiculous.

Harden didn't want to be 3rd fiddle. He wanted to be the man. That's what it boiled down too.

It was a bad trade. Anytime you have to trade a guy like that it's w bad trade.

Didn't say it was. I was just commenting on the idea that he presented that said OKC lost that finals because Harden came off the bench. OKC lost that finals because Miami's role players outplayed OKC's. Go look at the stat lines of Mario Chalmers and Mike Miller in that series. It was just ridiculous.

Harden didn't want to be 3rd fiddle. He wanted to be the man. That's what it boiled down too.

It was a bad trade. Anytime you have to trade a guy like that it's w bad trade.

I'm not sure that Hardin is a team guy... Look at Houston. He is an absolute ball hog, plays 0 defense and his team is a dumpster fire... Reminds me of a guy that skipped practice man... Practice.... We talkin bout practice man...

• 2 months later...

Mavs finally clinch a playoff spot. Right now they hold the 7th seed in the west, but they can capture the 6th spot with a Mavs win over the Spurs & a Grizzlies lost by Clippers & Warriors. Not sure if Grizzlies need to lose both remaining games if Mavs win for the Mavs to get that 6th spot.

Hope for the 6th spot cause they probably get swept in the 7th and 8th round. However would have been hilarious if the mavs return the playoff disaster a few years ago when Dallas was upset in the. First round by 8th seed Golden state during Nelson era.

You should really start rereading your posts before you hit send :D

I hope Houston chokes tomorrow night.

I would rather be a lottery team and fix some of our problems, than give up good draft position in order to be embarrassed by Golden State. This team is too dysfunctional to take down Golden State, much less any of the other playoff teams.

I can't get too excited about the playoffs this year, but as a Mavericks fan, I feel like I need to enjoy it. After Dirk retires, I expect a short playoff drought. There is a lot of potential on the roster, but that doesn't ever amount to anything but talking points on talk radio... Cuban hasn't been able to land that potential big name superstar yet that would lead Dallas back into a true championship contender, but if he does, the Mavs know how to build around it and Rick Carlisle knows how to coach with any set of talent. I feel like he even did well with Rondo until Rondo just quit...

Enjoy the playoffs, even if its a sweep... Who knows how much longer we will have a seat there.