Longhorn fans. What is this?

WETSU

I would like to request a meeting with you (Arthur Johnson, director of football ops), Steve Patterson, President Powers and Charlie Strong. In this meeting I would like to discuss my concerns regarding a recent phone conversation with Coach Strong where I was threatened and cursed. This is a very serious issue and one that I feel needs to be addressed by the appropriate university officials.

As a parent and as an African American man I feel very disrespected by the language and tone in which Coach Strong spoke to me. Coach Strong has purported himself to be a man of integrity and an advocate of his Core Values that speak to Honesty and Respect. In his recent interaction with me he showed neither of those and I want to make sure he is held accountable for his actions the same way he holds student athletes accountable. If Coach Strong is the man he presents himself to be than I expect nothing less than an admission to what he said and an in-person apology.

This email came from the parent of a football player planning to take an official visit to Texas on Jan. 30. SB Nation obtained angry emails about Texas' ex-AD Steve Patterson

What is the deal with this? I saw this online and wasn't sure what's being said on it on yalls end. Is it true? Is it old? What's the story here?

First time I've ever seen this. My first thought is its old and just now coming out. I'd be interested to know how SB Nation got the email and why is it just now coming up.

It's not that concerning really just kind of fishy. There aren't any core values for cursing, obviously the threat doesn't sound great but it's 1 parent out of however many parents that have nothing but greats things to say about him.

First time I've ever seen this. My first thought is its old and just now coming out. I'd be interested to know how SB Nation got the email and why is it just now coming up.

It's not that concerning really just kind of fishy. There aren't any core values for cursing, obviously the threat doesn't sound great but it's 1 parent out of however many parents that have nothing but greats things to say about him.

I'm just asking if it's real... I know Charlie walks on water with you guys.

I'm just asking if it's real... I know Charlie walks on water with you guys.

That's really sad of you WETSU. What kind of reaction would you have if this was the same email concerning Sumlin or any other head coach of an FBS football team. Whether true or not this is bad journalism. Let's just have SB Nation pull all personal emails from coaches and see what kind of crazy stuff we get to read.

Let it go , the chief left you got baylor bold steel. Geez you you were just as excited to see cameron as the Oc.

I think you are mistaken. But since you like to troll, I'll let it slide since this isn't a topic for another special education class for Aggie logic and reasoning.

All the parents Strong has visited with and only one complained about his "foul mouth". In case you've never dealt with parents that didn't like what they heard (especially about their child) during a phone call. It's amazing to hear their version of the conversation. This story maybe 100% accurate or 0% accurate or anywhere in between. I'm trying to figure out why its a story. What's the point? If I called a coach that my kid was thinking about playing for and he cussed me I'd probably (after cussing him back) tell my kid "your not playing for that guy" and go on about my business. The whole thing is dumb

SB Nation is part of Vox Media. Vox don't own a site that doesn't post BS trying to rile people up. Brush it off.

And WET, it doesn't look like this thread was made in good faith, bro lol