Longview wins District Championship, ranked #5 in state...

Smoaky

Smoaky,
I am Isaac Anders, the Longview Lobo Head Tennis coach. I know you are super busy this fall with football in full swing but I would like to bring some attention to some awesome stuff the Longview Tennis Team has been accomplishing this fall season.
The Lobos finished up district play on Tuesday 7-0 and undefeated in District 15-5A (first time to go undefeated in school history), one win includes knocking off #5 state ranked Texas High, who had not lost a district match in 24 years. It's the first time they have not finished 1st in district in that span of time.
The Lobos have earned a state ranking of #12 for the first time in school history. our only losss to a 5-A opponent came to #11 Frisco High and we had our top 3 boys out injured in that match.
On the boys side standout players are Sid Kortikere and Neal Rangu who were state semifinalist in individuals last spring. On the girls side, Meredith Novy, Nita Brimmer, and Olivia Mcdonald are our top 3 girsl who have come up with tough wins throughout the season.
If you guys happen to have time to mention these kids and our program on air if you could let me know that be great.
Thanks for your consideration.
I am an ex-high school tennis and basketball player and I know the parents would love to hear theri kids talked about a little if possible.
Thank you.

Isaac Anders

Longview Head Tennis Coach

I would like to offer my congrats to to the Longview tennis team on their district win. As a long time supporter of Texas High tennis, I have had the opportunity to observe Coach Anders as a player at Lindale and later as a coach. Longview - you have a great leader of your program.

Best of luck in Regionals.