Winnsboro vs Mount Vernon Oct 16th

BigRedFan

It all comes down to who executes better. Knowing another coach or him being familiar with the other team doesnt mean much of anything. I mean Winny has been doing more or less the same thing for the last 15-16 years and some people have stopped it, some havent. Thats the nature of this game. Dont be surprised if you see some trickery from Meeks. Wont ever forget my junior year, playing in MV the tigers received the opening kickoff and the guy ran to his right then threw the ball all the way back across the field for an untouched td down the sideline. It was all over from there.

This rivalry has produced some incredible games and some incredible players. I dont know the numbers but i do know MV holds the overall edge

They have been playing for 70+ years and Mount Vernon holds the edge. Winnsboro though for awhile was gaining on them. Mount Vernon won for 20+ years until Winnsboro beat them 7-6 back in the 1960's.The year was 1961. It was played at Raider Stadium. I remember that game well..

They have been playing for 70+ years and Mount Vernon holds the edge. Winnsboro though for awhile was gaining on them. Mount Vernon won for 20+ years until Winnsboro beat them 7-6 back in the 1960's.The year was 1961. It was played at Raider Stadium. I remember that game well..

Raider Stadium has been there since 1961?

I could have sworn that it was built only a year or two ago! LOL

They are very capable of winning this game. Will they? That remains to be seen. Still got some looming injuries that are going to leave some question marks so we shall see. Id like to see 19 and 21 get a bunch of carries tonight if 20 isnt able to go. Thought they both did wonderful last week

• Like 1