TEXAS HIGH @ LONGVIEW

Slimbodine

Torn on this one... as a former Texarkana resident my heart tells me T-High, but looking at the two teams my gut instinct says Longview for the win....

Prediction:

Longview - 34

T-High-27

Tigers would be tougher at Grimm, but being in Longview, the Lobos have the upper hand. Touchdown in the final seconds to seal the deal for Longview (as much as I hate to say it).

I wouldn't bet against Longview at home.

Especially a MAD Longview at home.

If the Lobos go out and grind it out on the ground..... leave the TxH offense on the sidelines and play power football, I think the Lobos win big.

If they continue to struggle with the passing game and start punting..... then I think it's a closer game.

How close depends how good the Texas High passing game is.... if they can produce, then this could get interesting.

I need the Lobos to hang an L on the Tigers...... it would be the neighborly thing to do :)

Torn on this one... as a former Texarkana resident my heart tells me T-High, but looking at the two teams my gut instinct says Longview for the win....

Prediction:

Longview - 34

T-High-27

Tigers play tough at Grimm, but Longview has the athletes. Touchdown in the final seconds to seal the deal for Longview (as much as I hate to say it).

The game is at Lobo Stadium.

• Like 1

Im a diehard Lobo fan and this year has me scratching my head. I don't know how good we really are. For that matter I dont know how good JT, Lufkin, Ennis, Marshall TH are either.

Yea......I don't think any of us are very good or great. Like I said earlier, those Mansfield schools and Lancaster seem to be better imo. I guess we'll see in the playoffs though(If we all make it)..

Yea......I don't think any of us are very good or great. Like I said earlier, those Mansfield schools and Lancaster seem to be better imo. I guess we'll see in the playoffs though(If we all make it)..

Yea,,, I guess we are all still used to the way we played a few years ago when we could all line up and play toe to toe with the best in Texas in 5 or 6A. Just like you said the playoffs will tell. Who knows anyone one of us could get on a roll and make a run.

My only time seeing THIGH they had trouble stopping the run. Lobos pounded a pretty good Mavs team on the ground. But Lobos were absolutely punked through the air by Mavs. If THIGH can get it going through the air...it will be a close game.

Watched the gm film from Longview and Marshall and my opinion from an outsider is Longview doesn't look bad to me at all there were some issues with the pass coverage and some qb and receiver issues all those things can be fixed.

With the gm itself I would say Longview coaches got away from what was working for them and that was running to the side they were eating Marshall alive with. Other than that it's not that Longview isn't any good because they completely r good. It's not like Longview lost to PT it was a very talented Marshall team in which will make a long playoff run with that team. My opinion is if anything Marshall made Longview better and Longview made Marshall that much better.

Longview will have no problem with TxHigh they will be just fine and they will be hard to beat if those few issues can be fixed. JMO tho.......

But, Marshall laid out the blueprint and Texas High coaches would be completely FOOLISH not to follow the exact same attack.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, per the norm.

Marshall did NOTHING last Friday that we haven't already seen. Nothing. The only difference is THEY CAUGHT THE FOOTBALL.

Our inability to adjust on defense to ONE Receiver was ridiculous. And even then, we win the game if its not for our own mental mistakes.

Show up and watch an actual game in person before trying to comment on something you haven't even shown up to support or see this season.

• Like 1

It's just baffles me that a powerhouse like Longview can't find bigger corners or even have a better QB I have watched this team play three times this yr and those to positions haven't got any better the QB doesn't know how to look at another target if his primary receiver isn't open he will still try and force and the cornerbacks are just to small for 5a. Last Friday I seen the corners in good position and the receivers just jump over them and then the QB missed at least three TDs with players wide open but he doesn't have good decision making but I'll say this Longview is one and done in the playoffs this yr my opinion

It's just baffles me that a powerhouse like Longview can't find bigger corners or even have a better QB I have watched this team play three times this yr and those to positions haven't got any better the QB doesn't know how to look at another target if his primary receiver isn't open he will still try and force and the cornerbacks are just to small for 5a. Last Friday I seen the corners in good position and the receivers just jump over them and then the QB missed at least three TDs with players wide open but he doesn't have good decision making but I'll say this Longview is one and done in the playoffs this yr my opinion

I really hope u didn't come to your conclusion from the last gm...

I will agree with u on the qb play but that issue is fixable if Longview coaches didn't get away from the running gm last wk I believe they could have definitely won the gm heck they still almost won when they started throwing the ball.

But it's all still IF this and that had happened.

• Like 1

I will agree with u on the qb play but that issue is fixable if Longview coaches didn't get away from the running gm last wk I believe they could have definitely won the gm heck they still almost won when they started throwing the ball.

I knew Marshall would probably be the best all around offense lview has seen. So the 28 points was expected. But didnt see lobos scoring only 25. Ark High and PT had 28 against us. Those were our 2 worst played games by far though. Lost 4 fumbles against PT, so that contributed to some of those points. Ark High was the fastest team weve played and we didnt tackle well. Thats what got them 28.

Texas High seems to have a great defense, so expecting a low scoring game. Both offenses struggle with consistency. Lobos being angry and at home will be the difference. That loss may have been a blessing in the end. Lview will be a better team going forward. They were sleep walking through district until they got woke up with a cold pitcher of ice water.

I was reading 07s post on the Lobo forum and I feel the same way. This loss has really brought all of us to a new low. It seems all we do is get disappointed every year. Sometimes it's an upstart program and sometimes an old foe, but it's always a certain. DEFEAT. I've tried to be upbeat this week but in reality I'm at a loss. We are in a never ending cycle, losses when we could or should win. Next year will be better. What do we have coming up next year. Ect. Ect. Ect. I just want our Lobos to play their best and let the chips fall where they may. I don't think this group has played it's best football. And perhaps that won't be good enough.

Texas High is much better at defending the pass than the run. That does not bode well for us this weekend. In the long run the W or the L doesn't mean much either way if you get rolling in the playoffs. I'm beginning to lose track of the last time Texas High even won a 1st round playoff game. I just don't see the panic I'm hearing if I'm a Lobo fan.

I think maybe I can sum it up like this for everyone...there is no panic in Longview fans...there is no despair...no one is jumping off I 20 bridge...etc. Wat it is a displeasure in seeing same thing go on for the past ten years with a certain area of defense. Lobos were lit up in the secondary...period! Same way AMC lit us up...same way Lake Ridge lit us up...same way LT lit us up. And from the looks it not gonna change anytime soon under this regime