NB @ Redwater

soldier1

Coaches will need to make adjustments to the defense.

Need to incorporate blitzes and put the best athletes on the field. If that means a lot of 2 way players then so be it.

The offense still needs to be tested but the first district game was encouraging.

I really don't know what to think after Redwater blanked Prairiland.

I have faith in nb so I think they will win this week in a close one

NB gave up 228 yds rushing against MV. This isn't a good sign when most teams are run oriented. It also puts a lot of pressure on the offense.

Personally I would have two of the big offensive lineman and the QB that are on the sidelines during defense, playing defense and move a few that are on the defensive line in the back field. And then use the guys being replaced as substitutes to rest the defensive starters, when needed.

I was at the Redwater game this past week. Turnovers really hurt PL. I think RW's only chance in this game is to run 4 yards every play on offense to keep NB off the field offensively. RW has had a big fumble problem this year. The LK game and Hooks game was decided early and late because of the fumbles. Hooks probably would have still won but not by as much and LK definitely wouldn't have won.

I keep hearing that NB is down this year. I don't know how down, but I can tell you that RW is a little down this year too. RW still has the fight in them and will give you everything they can all four qtrs. I sure hope for no injuries because RW can't afford to lose anyone with probably only 20 kids on the sideline. If NB can play disciplined ball....they win. RW does do a good job on the run of hiding the football. They fooled me several times last week.

• Like 1

I am shocked that the paper has RW picked in this one. Over the past few years, the RW and NB game has always been a pretty fun game to watch. RW hasn't won any of the last few match ups. I think if there was a year for it to happen, I guess this might be it. Cheering for the Dragons!

On a side note....my son will be playing 7th grade ball against the lions tonight! Pumped!

And Hoghater, why would you be surprised that RW is picked to win? They are at home and beat a good PL team last week.

I have much respect for two programs in our district. NB and DF. You guys churn out a good football program every year and usually are the measuring stick for what 3A football is. RW lost a lot to graduation last year.

PL didn't seem very impressive. I don't know what their record was or who they had played coming in. The competition that NB has played this year is head and shoulders above who RW has played.