Lufkin @ Ennis

Pack007

Lufkin Panthers (4-3, 3-1) @ Ennis Lions ( 4-3, 3-1)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Ennis in a blow out
    • Ennis in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out
    • Lufkin in a close one

EISDFootballStadium_medium.png

DATE: Friday, October 23rd

TIME: 7:30 PM

I thought the Ennis fans would've made a thread by now about this one. I guess we're all down after our games friday. Both teams come into this game 3-1 in district and hoping to get a big win before the playoffs start in a few weeks. After defeating Lindale 28-27 at home, Lufkin goes back on the road to play the defending D2 champions, the Ennis Lions. Ennis comes into this game looking to redeem themselves, after suffering their first district lost in the 16-5A district showdown to John Tyler 40-29 at Rose stadium on friday. Last year, Lufkin lost in a 55-48 shootout at Abe in the final minutes. This will be our first time playing in Ennis, since I think our playoff games in the early 2000s(I'm thinking Waco and Garland?). So, who wins this one?

Ennis is very similar to LV, can't throw nor do they cover the pass well but they can run the ball. LP can win this one with some effort. Beware though, the flags will fly early and often.

nawl Ennis ain't similar Lobos...we actually beat JT...
  • Like 1

I'm done with predictions. I'm just hoping the Pack can get a win. It definitely won't be easy going into Ennis and trying to get a win, especially with them losing on friday.

I don't know much about Lufkin's team. They don't post district stats for the "east Texas" teams at the DMN. I'm going with Ennis, of course, because I'm a "homer".

I think JT was the 2nd (I'll have to check) team to throw for over 200 on us, but we were OK at stopping the run. It could very well come down to turnovers or who has the ball last, I don't know. As I said, I know very little about Lufkin.

That's about a 2.5 hour drive for you guys though, so at least be safe on the trip to Ennis and back.

No prediction from me . Lufkin has been like a box of chocolates lately, never know what your going to get from them week to week. The bottom line is the turnovers, as in the last two games have cost them, that stuff needs to go away. If Lufkin can correct that problem, they will be okay.

I don't know much about Lufkin's team. They don't post district stats for the "east Texas" teams at the DMN. I'm going with Ennis, of course, because I'm a "homer".

I think JT was the 2nd (I'll have to check) team to throw for over 200 on us, but we were OK at stopping the run. It could very well come down to turnovers or who has the ball last, I don't know. As I said, I know very little about Lufkin.

That's about a 2.5 hour drive for you guys though, so at least be safe on the trip to Ennis and back.

Thanks