Lufkin @ Ennis

Pack007

Lufkin Panthers (4-3, 3-1) @ Ennis Lions ( 4-3, 3-1)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Ennis in a blow out
    • Ennis in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out
    • Lufkin in a close one

The poll results are about what I expected...

By the way, I saw a thread about a game that was moved to Thursday because of the impending rain on Friday/Saturday. Might want to keep an eye out for possible schedule changes.

Though Ennis plays on turf, and the game that got rescheduled was on a grass field.

The poll results are about what I expected...

By the way, I saw a thread about a game that was moved to Thursday because of the impending rain on Friday/Saturday. Might want to keep an eye out for possible schedule changes.

Though Ennis plays on turf, and the game that got rescheduled was on a grass field.

I doubt they will change it.

I wonder why some of you Ennis fans act like you have dominated the good teams in East Texas. Last second FG win vs JT last season and last minute in Lufkin in a game that they probably should have lost. So you are 2-1 vs the teams that are actually good enough to defend themselves. Beating your chest over Jacksonville and Lindale is nothing to brag about.

As for this game a few weeks ago.I would had banked on Lufkin whippin that but now that has obviously changed. Lufkin will be competitive and have a chance to win at some point friday night. I dont think neither team is head and Shoulders better then the other. What I can say is looking at common opponents you would think Lufkin should win by a few scores but thats not going to happen.

As for the late hit BS by Ennis on JT QB should tell you all you need to know about Ennis and their coaching.

I wonder why some of you Ennis fans act like you have dominated the good teams in East Texas. Last second FG win vs JT last season and last minute in Lufkin in a game that they probably should have lost. So you are 2-1 vs the teams that are actually good enough to defend themselves. Beating your chest over Jacksonville and Lindale is nothing to brag about.

As for this game a few weeks ago.I would had banked on Lufkin whippin that ###### but now that has obviously changed. Lufkin will be competitive and have a chance to win at some point friday night. I dont think neither team is head and Shoulders better then the other. What I can say is looking at common opponents you would think Lufkin should win by a few scores but thats not going to happen.

As for the late hit BS by Ennis on JT QB should tell you all you need to know about Ennis and their coaching.

To your first point: You haven't been keeping up. It's not a matter of "dominating". Yes, we beat JT and Lufkin by a combined 8 points. It's a matter of proving a point. The point was that we (Ennis) were told we were going to be taught a lesson about East Texas football. A 7-0 district mark, and two wins in 2014 against historically solid programs like JT and Lufkin made that point, I think.

I obviously want Ennis to win. Do I think it'll be a blowout? Heck no. I think the margin of victory will be between 7 and 10 points.

As far as this "BS Late Hit"...I didn't see it, so I can't speak to it. And you'd think if it was THAT obvious that it would have been called, especially considering the number of penalties we had that night. But I can guarantee you that's not how they're taught to play football in Ennis. Ever. So I'm not sure what happened there.

There is a concern here for all games in the area Friday evening with the lightening that is predicted. If this occurs, Either these games won't start on time or be delayed or cancelled. I know back in 2008 after IKE Lukin played on a Wednesday, Monday, Friday stretch to get all their games in that year. We had our game with Beaumont Westbrook cancelled because of the hurricane and North Shore came up to Lufkin a week or two later to play on what would have been our off week because they needed a game. That was a Wednesday game.

There is a concern here for all games in the area Friday evening with the lightening that is predicted. If this occurs, Either these games won't start on time or be delayed or cancelled. I know back in 2008 after IKE Lukin played on a Wednesday, Monday, Friday stretch to get all their games in that year.

I haven't heard anything yet about the Ennis/Lufkin game date/time being moved. But from what I understand, the rain is supposed to start tomorrow, and the heavier stuff, I think, it supposed to be Friday and Saturday.

In fact, Friday's forecast says we're supposed to get something like 2.5 inches of rain during the day...and another inch or so "at night".

But looking at the hourly, the lightning should be gone by kickoff, and it looks like it's just gonna be rain.

To your first point: You haven't been keeping up. It's not a matter of "dominating". Yes, we beat JT and Lufkin by a combined 8 points. It's a matter of proving a point. The point was that we (Ennis) were told we were going to be taught a lesson about East Texas football. A 7-0 district mark, and two wins in 2014 against historically solid programs like JT and Lufkin made that point, I think.

I obviously want Ennis to win. Do I think it'll be a blowout? Heck no. I think the margin of victory will be between 7 and 10 points.

As far as this "BS Late Hit"...I didn't see it, so I can't speak to it. And you'd think if it was THAT obvious that it would have been called, especially considering the number of penalties we had that night. But I can guarantee you that's not how they're taught to play football in Ennis. Ever. So I'm not sure what happened there.

Click the link and watch the late hit for yourself. Looked as malicious as it could be. I also dont think anybody with a brain thought Ennis was going to be exposed coming out to East Texas. Ennis has the luxury to easily play Metroplex teams and right now that is where the best football in Texas is played. So I dont think it matter where Ennis plays at. They schedule tough with teams like Guyer and Timberview. You could put Ennis in any district in Texas and they would compete.

This is a tough call and a long way to drive to not be sure how long you will be there or if you just turn around and come back home in that type weather with no game. The game has to be played at some point and there are no more open dates to use. Playing Thursday would still be rain involved, maybe avoid the lightening and Rain is still predicted for Monday, so no matter what you do here it will still be wet. Avoiding the lightening issue is the key and maybe flooding. :) The forecast is not a favorable one for any outside sports.

This is a tough call and a long way to drive to not be sure how long you will be there or if you just turn around and come back home in that type weather with no game. The game has to be played at some point and there are no more open dates to use. Playing Thursday would still be rain involved, maybe avoid the lightening and Rain is still predicted for Monday, so no matter what you do here it will still be wet. Avoiding the lightening issue is the key and maybe flooding. :) The forecast is not a favorable one for any outside sports.

Right now, AccuWeather shows about a quarter inch of rain predicted for Thursday, during the day, and another 2 inches or so predicted at "night" (whenever night starts to AccuWeather).

Does Lufkin have a radio station that fans could tune into for the game? We do, but you'll get the "home" broadcast, which is probably what you don't want.

But you're right about the drive. It's something like 2.5 or 3 hours, right? That's a long way for fans, coaches, and players to drive. Especially like you say if the game is postponed/canceled/whatever.

The field seems to drain fairly well, but I'm more concerned about traffic and the parking lots.

Lufkin has broadcast all of their games on radio for 80 years and have TV rebroadcast games for 20 years, this year in HD. :)

Just need to see how this all pans out, weather may not be as bad as they predict, or may be worse, the weather people are never entirely correct on these things.

Will the going to Pack games streak end on Friday? Lol

Ill be in the house Friday night 007 Ennis stadium exactly 2 hours from Killeen.

Of course you come when a hurricane is going through the area..lmao. I'm still not sure if I'm going. I'm waiting to see if the weather improves. I hope you and your boys be safe traveling up there though.