Marshall (7-0, 4-0) Vs. Texas High (5-2, 3-1)

Mavchamp

Marshal Vs. Texas High  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Texas High in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Texas High in a blow out
    • Marshall in a blowout

Prolly a few Lobo wishing for a THigh win to grab a share of district title. But I say damn that! We got enuff of them gold balls! We want a trophy or plaque or statue or wateva state Champs get! Can't tell you wat it is cause...WE'VE NEVER SEEN ONE IN OUR LIFETIME...smh

With the unknown status of Marshall QB Justin Hart we have to assume he is out. In my opinion we go from a state championship caliber balanced offense to a one dimensional running team. Im not saying that we cant still win but its going to make it even that much more difficult. Texas High defense will be able to key on Haller and Mills and make us prove we can throw the ball with Haller at QB. This has to be the game where our run defense steps up. I feel pretty good about how the defense plays against the pass. Will predict Marshall 34 Texas High 31.

With Justin Hart out, things just got more even in this game. Felt like we could outscore anybody with Hart at qb and Haller at rb. At least Haller will get a head start playing qb full time in preperation for next year. May have to bring up the freshman qb early too. Not good at all for this season but will help next years team.

Haller has a very good arm and has great qb potential, but doesnt have any experience at throwing downfield. If he overcomes the mental aspect and gets the plays down then we can still be a very good offense. Coaches will have to spend a ton of time with him, getting him ready to run the entire offense. Got 4 weeks till playoffs and need another longview game performance to hang onto this district title this week. Go out and play your butts off and get this win for Justin.

Word coming this morning that Hart's injury not as bad as first thought, no ligament damage. Could be back in two weeks.

That's gonna be big.

Cause regardless of the outcome, it's looking like y'all might end up facing Lancaster in the 2nd round if ya get there...which you're definitely going to need him.

No doubt he will be missed. Can't deny that.

BUT.....

But we are a run heavy team. That's doesn't really change with Haller in at QB. If anything it allows our #3 guy to maybe mix it up some too.

Haller will be fine with short passes, which has been a bread and butter for Hart. A lot of his passing yards have been after the catch.

Even with Hart gone, I think we have the potential of being an above average offense. With Hart, we have flashes of being special.

Gonna need our defense to step up this week.

And Great news about Hart. I was hoping it wasn't as bad as I was hearing. Of course... he grapevine included from he will be back next week all the way to funeral arrangements.......

Just heard it will probably be 2 weeks and he should be back. That has him missing the Texas High game and the MP game. Would be back in time for SS and the playoffs.

Good news!

And I know it doesn't really change our playoff seeding this week win or lose..... but a district championship would be really special. It's been 10 years. Let's do this!

Unless y'all start running the flex bone triple option they are not using Cam to his full potential at Qb. Do they run a different scheme when he is at Qb? Do y'all think that your most gifted athlete on the team should be trying to get rid of the ball by throwing it to someone who most likely does not have his abilities when running the ball. Just sayin.

I can see him running an effective offense. Very similar to the offense we ran in 04 when we made the state championship game with cj byrd, jackie robinson and junior osborne. With him running the zone read beside RB Chavis Mills (doesnt get enough talk with Haller and Hart) and the threat of Trel Patton taking the outside runs and quick passes. Where we would have a tough time would be on 3rd and long and need to throw downfield. Yes Haller is the best athlete on the team but if we dont spread it out good defenses will key in on him.

I can see him running an effective offense. Very similar to the offense we ran in 04 when we made the state championship game with cj byrd, jackie robinson and junior osborne. With him running the zone read beside RB Chavis Mills (doesnt get enough talk with Haller and Hart) and the threat of Trel Patton taking the outside runs and quick passes. Where we would have a tough time would be on 3rd and long and need to throw downfield. Yes Haller is the best athlete on the team but if we dont spread it out good defenses will key in on him.

He would be very good in a zone read. Anything but normal Qb duties. I only know him and Trel. If the other two you mentioned are even close to the athletes they are y'all would be unstoppable running the flex bone.

Chavis is a beast.

Trel and Dabbs are very good too..... loads of speed.

We will miss Hart, no doubt. But we shouldn't squat without him

I think last night we didn't need aggressive 2nd half play because we were so far ahead at halftime.

No need to show TxH anything about Haller unnecessarily.

I'm more concerned with our run defense. This "bend but don't break" approach is giving me ulcers. Ark, Halls, PT, Longview, and Gvll had success. I'm sure TxH is more than aware.

Chavis is a beast.

Trel and Dabbs are very good too..... loads of speed.

We will miss Hart, no doubt. But we shouldn't squat without him

I think last night we didn't need aggressive 2nd half play because we were so far ahead at halftime.

No need to show TxH anything about Haller unnecessarily.

I'm more concerned with our run defense. This "bend but don't break" approach is giving me ulcers. Ark, Halls, PT, Longview, and Gvll had success. I'm sure TxH is more than aware.

I wish Trel had not left us. I coached him as a little fella. We had a very tough flag team. I had him and Trace, Kevin Johnson, June Bug. Can't remember them all but the ones I named where all I needed lol.