Marshall (7-0, 4-0) Vs. Texas High (5-2, 3-1)

Mavchamp

Marshal Vs. Texas High  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Texas High in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Texas High in a blow out
    • Marshall in a blowout

The Tigers played their best game of the year last year at Marshall against most of the same players that Marshall returned this season. I don't believe that Marshall would have beaten LV if LV had had their stud running back available. All I hear is a lot of talk from Marshall and it had been constant since the end of last season. The Mavericks were really fortunate against LV. If the Tigers get wide receiver Hampton back and the qb is on target this week then the Mavs will be in trouble because I don't believe that the Mac defense is as good as LV. If rb Witcher has his usual game Marshall will not win. The Tiger defense has played fairly well against spread offenses. IMO if the Mavs all pro rb moves to qb for this game he will run the ball at least 35 times. The Arkansas and Pine Tree games are a good measuring stick for this game. BTW, once ya'll get to the title game be thankful HP won't be waiting for you and also be glad that you are playing the second best team in Texarkana because L.E. would beat you without a doubt.

The Tigers played their best game of the year last year at Marshall against most of the same players that Marshall returned this season. I don't believe that Marshall would have beaten LV if LV had had their stud running back available. All I hear is a lot of talk from Marshall and it had been constant since the end of last season. The Mavericks were really fortunate against LV. If the Tigers get wide receiver Hampton back and the qb is on target this week then the Mavs will be in trouble because I don't believe that the Mac defense is as good as LV. If rb Witcher has his usual game Marshall will not win. The Tiger defense has played fairly well against spread offenses. IMO if the Mavs all pro rb moves to qb for this game he will run the ball at least 35 times. The Arkansas and Pine Tree games are a good measuring stick for this game. BTW, once ya'll get to the title game be thankful HP won't be waiting for you and also be glad that you are playing the second best team in Texarkana because L.E. would beat you without a doubt.

Get a life... No one on here that is from Marshall has talked down any opponent so far this year... L E trolls should worry about who could beat them, not a team they wish could beat them...

I see you're back on the coattails of the Tigers again...... I thought you were anti Norton. Change of heart.....or just another bandwagon fan? Don't answer.... we all already know.

I have yet to see one single Maverick fan talk down about anyone in our district. We are grateful for the success we're having because we remember where we were just 3 years ago.

I didn't realize last year's game had any bearing on this year. My bad.

And as far as LE goes..... who cares? They aren't on our schedule. No one in 15-5A gives a rip about what LE thinks about....well much of anything.

I'm sure you'll disappear again in coming weeks. We've seen less and less of you since the Tigers' struggles began..... no reason to think this season will be any different.

I was actually wishing lv had the starting rb in vs us. Dont think he is as fast as polk. Polk and white did just as good as miller would have done imo. Dont think miller scores on the 80 yarder polk had.

Just be glad Marshall doesnt have Hart vs the Tigers. Should be a good game now. And LE has nothing to do with this game. LE is a great team, but I wouldnt bet against the mavs this year. Especially when we were healthy. If Haller can step up and be the passer we know he can be, then the mavs will be fine. Just hate he doesnt get a couple easier games first to get used to it. Tigers will be a tough out at grimm. Our guys arent even thinking state title. Its a goal of most teams I would think.

• Like 1

I was actually wishing lv had the starting rb in vs us. Dont think he is as fast as polk. Polk and white did just as good as miller would have done imo. Dont think miller scores on the 80 yarder polk had.

White was our 4th string back...and Polk was injured as well during the Marshall game.

Miller is a completely different back than anyone we have (in not only the running game but also the passing). Wouldn't of scored the 80 yarder cause his game isn't about speed. Marshall defenders were getting injured just trying to talk Polk, imagine what would've happened if they had to go up against a guy twice his size. But end of day, we were throwing the ball for whatever reason.

They practice against Haller everyday. Although I doubt its a physical practice. The difference is the lobo backs get the handoff with a full head of steam usually. Would love to see Haller get a few of those type carries behind a massive oline.

I stop reading at "if Longview had its stud RB mavs wouldn't have won..." and I knew right off this was gonna be sum BS...lol! Backup had 220 yrds rushing and Lobo still lost!
  • Like 1

Just be glad Marshall doesnt have Hart vs the Tigers. Should be a good game now. And LE has nothing to do with this game. LE is a great team, but I wouldnt bet against the mavs this year. Especially when we were healthy. If Haller can step up and be the passer we know he can be, then the mavs will be fine. Just hate he doesnt get a couple easier games first to get used to it. Tigers will be a tough out at grimm. Our guys arent even thinking state title. Its a goal of most teams I would think.

We want no part of Marshall, Lview etc....

Mavs by 10 only because their at home!

He's a (dog sirus) T-High, Fan not LE our fans are worried about The Argyles, Kennedale's, Navasota's idk why we were brought into this!

Hey don't sick Dogsirus on THS, I think he is proof of life exists beyond earth.

I am going to defer to THSFanatic on analysis of the Tigers. I have only seen them a couple of times. I would say running game has been a pleasant surprise and the passing game a bit off from where I thought it would be. Seems both the line and QB are a bit "off" in the passing game. Secondary is very athletic.

Even in the playoff runs, the weakness has been running right up the middle.

Safe travels up US 59.

He's a (dog sirus) T-High, Fan not LE our fans are worried about The Argyles, Kennedale's, Navasota's idk why we were brought into this!

He must live in the wooded area on the border of LE and Texarkana and can't pick a team... Maybe he just looks at records and hops on the wagon for the season. Either way, he needs to pick a different fan base to troll.