Marshall (7-0, 4-0) Vs. Texas High (5-2, 3-1)

Mavchamp

Marshal Vs. Texas High  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Texas High in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Texas High in a blow out
    • Marshall in a blowout

I'd like to see the film of the Kilgore/Texas High game.

Maybe some Kilgore folk can shed some light on the Tigers...... since Texarkana's newspaper is a pay-to-read site.

was at the game...THigh was all over Kilgore early. I was pretty sure it was gonna be a blowout! THIGH was up 14-0 with ball inside Kilgore 30 when tides changed. A 100 yard pick 6 for Dogs' changed all the momentum! Then Kilgore Qb throws up a prayer that gets answered in the endzone. Once Dogs' came out from halftime they pounded Tigers on the ground and kept pressure on Tiger Qb. It was a good football game to say the least.

I have a feeling the Tigers are gonna get a good dose of running from Haller, Mills, and Patton.

But if they load the box.... I think Haller is more than capable of getting it into the hands of the WR's. And once the WR's have it.... they are gone.

Chance to make some history.... hope the guys are ready for it!

strengths? Weaknesses?

Players to watch?

Defensively, they are very fast and athletic. Tough to run wide on, tough to throw on. However, they are not real big up front... front 4 is roughly 6'1"-210 apiece. We did the majority of our damage between the tackles and they seemed to wear down in the 2nd half.

Offensively, they will run Witcher a ton. He only goes about 5'6"-175 but he's a tough runner and he's probably a 4.4 guy. Most all runs go to the right behind the big RT or he'll bounce it outside. They will play-action a lot with Pearson throwing it deep to Hampton (#4). I'd say the O-line is average. Pearson is good in a clean pocket, but not so good when pressured. We threw a lot of blitzes at him and held them to a FG over the final 3 qtrs.

Well, once every 15 years isn't that common. I think you can answer that on your on.

Tis true. Can't argue that.

But there isn't a single team in our district that would have beat Longview in that same time span IMHO.

Up to the future Mavs as to weather this was a flash in the pan or the rebirth of competitiveness between the two.

Why am I anti Norton? He has upheld a practice at Texas high that has been violated only about 5 times since they have been playing football at Texas high over 100 years and those 5 times happened over the last 45 years and 0 times since he has been the HC. I have hinted around in the past as to what it is but I would get put off the board if I just came out and said what it is. Too much blood and chum in the water. Oddly enough I don't see that dilemma at other schools in East Texas, and to their credit, not even Marshall.

I have been to more than 2 varsity games and to every sub varsity that has been held at Grim stadium. I could physically go to every game if I wanted to. After all I am an Alien therefore I am omnipresent.

I uphold the rules of this board by no using profanity or even insinuating it. I haven't posted anything about bull manure (you all know what I mean) and I haven't told anyone to "shove it" like some administrators and others have. Please don't delete the evidence.

Marshall wants to be a dynasty and is working towards that and rightly so. I don't believe that is going to happen.

I have not seen Pine Tree being given any credit for how well they played Marshall. BTW, I watched THS beat Hallsville that night and listened to the last few minutes of the PT/MHS game while teleporting to the home planet on the muthaship. It's all about Marshall. I was accused of saying that Mav posters were talking down other schools which is not true. I said that I have been viewing all of this Marshall talk (hype) since the end of last season. Thats your privilege but it's boring and ,most of the time delusional. You guys have what seems to be a solid year every once in a while and your team is probably not as good as you think it is. Honesty I think that the LV win was a fluke and if Marshall played them 10 times the might win 3 or 4 quarters total. LV will be better next season and this year's freshmen ain't no joke. We all had better hope that they move up to 6A.

You all can say thar you heard it from me first! Longview will win the rivalry game with Marshall handily. How did that poster put it? "Fact".

Marshall is Undefeated with a chance to finish that way with a district championship to boot Friday. It's the next step towards achieving that goal. I promise, nobody in Marshall is concerned about who does or doesn't see us as legitimate. Gotta take care of business at Grim Friday night. excited to see Haller taking snaps full time!

Why am I anti Norton? He has upheld a practice at Texas high that has been violated only about 5 times since they have been playing football at Texas high over 100 years and those 5 times happened over the last 45 years and 0 times since he has been the HC. I have hinted around in the past as to what it is but I would get put off the board if I just came out and said what it is. Too much blood and chum in the water. Oddly enough I don't see that dilemma at other schools in East Texas, and to their credit, not even Marshall.

I have been to more than 2 varsity games and to every sub varsity that has been held at Grim stadium. I could physically go to every game if I wanted to. After all I am an Alien therefore I am omnipresent.

I uphold the rules of this board by no using profanity or even insinuating it. I haven't posted anything about bull manure (you all know what I mean) and I haven't told anyone to "shove it" like some administrators and others have. Please don't delete the evidence.

Marshall wants to be a dynasty and is working towards that and rightly so. I don't believe that is going to happen.

I have not seen Pine Tree being given any credit for how well they played Marshall. BTW, I watched THS beat Hallsville that night and listened to the last few minutes of the PT/MHS game while teleporting to the home planet on the muthaship. It's all about Marshall. I was accused of saying that Mav posters were talking down other schools which is not true. I said that I have been viewing all of this Marshall talk (hype) since the end of last season. Thats your privilege but it's boring and ,most of the time delusional. You guys have what seems to be a solid year every once in a while and your team is probably not as good as you think it is. Honesty I think that the LV win was a fluke and if Marshall played them 10 times the might win 3 or 4 quarters total. LV will be better next season and this year's freshmen ain't no joke. We all had better hope that they move up to 6A.

You all can say thar you heard it from me first! Longview will win the rivalry game with Marshall handily. How did that poster put it? "Fact".

Violated as in?

Who has said anything about a Marshall dynasty? Don't put Whitehouse words in our mouths. All I've seen posted is that we feel the program is headed in the right direction. Nothing more.

Why are you continuing to talk about Longview??? They are in the past for both of us.

I'll discuss the Pine Tree game if you'd like. We won. It was ugly, but we won. Would you like to discuss Tiger's game with Kilgore? How about that game last week at Lobo?

"You guys have what seems to be a solid year every once in a while and your team is probably not as good as you think it is."....... How long has it been since Texas High has won a playoff game? Had a decent playoff run?

I'll wait for your answers.

Because it's longer than it has been for us. On both counts.

• Like 1

The first paragraph I can agree on people don't want to talk about it, and act as if it hasn't happened!

I have the upmost respect for the THigh football program. They are always a tough game. Even when we seem to have a great team, the tigers make us earn our wins. We lost bad in Marshall last year, so hoping we can return the favor at Grimm. Lets hope the rain isnt bad if at all. Want to see a clean game, win or lose.

The prediction is Tigers win with or without you having Hart' with no change from the last 2 years! You got two chances at Home and failed and now it's time to try it on the road!

New Guy Bad Guy? Safe travels, get a rain suit!

You cray cray. Last years win wont help you this year. Was just in year 2 of Harper last year. Weve exceeded expectations each year hes been here. Will be a difficult game, but if we play well and dont turn it over then we have a shot against anybody. We had 4 turnovers in one half against PT, so we understand there are no gimmies in football.

You cray cray. Last years win wont help you this year. Was just in year 2 of Harper last year. Weve exceeded expectations each year hes been here. Will be a difficult game, but if we play well and dont turn it over then we have a shot against anybody. We had 4 turnovers in one half against PT, so we understand there are no gimmies in football.

I feel like that's always been the case for Marshall. You guys have always had some killer athletes and talented players. Yet always seemed to come up short vs Longview, but it was usually turnovers which bit the Mavs. I don't think there was a single game since 2000 (maybe like 2002 and 2003) that Marshall didn't at least prove that they could play with Longview. They've always had the talent/speed, just needed to use it the right way.

Heck, my Senior year, we were down 15-0 at the end of the first and down 15-10 at halftime. I remember being on the sideline as the Mavs made it 15-0 thinking "Good lord, they ran out the entire first quarter on their two drives... we need to score fast". It was a few Mav fumbles that doomed them in the second half (and the 411 yards rushing we had as a team), but they took it to us hard early on. In 2005, one of Longview's best, they only lost 28-16, and had a chance to score a TD but couldn't put it in. In 2006, it was a 3-point game. In 2007, the score looks bad, but Marshall had SIX trips inside the Lobo 35 where they got 0 points combined (and one defensive TD for Longview). The 2008 game was tied at half, and I'm wanting to say Marshall was winning or losing by 1 in 2009. The next year, it was 10-9 at one point in the 3rd quarter. In 2011, it was close at half (I remember Coach King being ANGRY at halftime at his team getting what he called "outworked"). I don't remember as much from years after that, but obviously this year we lost, so that's one year that things were close.

• Like 1

I agree with the JT comment with respect to Tiger playoff record in recent years. Texas High had a period of 8 years with superior QB play (Marshall, Mallett, & Sorenson) which we have lacked in recent years. Oh and Surratt moved on to better himself. I think in the last five years you have not seen much swagger in the THS fan base. I see both Texas High and Marshall's program on the up swing, but it seems Marshall has more momentum.

I personally enjoy reading the posts by most of the Mav fans.

But hope THS recruits some water polo players for Friday's game.