Marshall (7-0, 4-0) Vs. Texas High (5-2, 3-1)

Mavchamp

Marshal Vs. Texas High  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Texas High in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Texas High in a blow out
    • Marshall in a blowout

If I recall correctly majority of Marshall fans projected 2 district loses to THIGH and Lview and said that would be a good year have no idea where all the extra came from I must have missed it... we exceeded expectations and split the two games it's extremely hard to go unbeaten not like tonight is the coup de grace or anything give Haller more time to adjust to playing QB before the playoffs and let the chips fall where they may

And he deleted his post before I could even respond.

Because he knew he was wrong.

But to reply to his "the state playoffs will bring Marshall back to Earth".

Maybe so. And probably Texas high too.

And he deleted his post before I could even respond.

Because he knew he was wrong.

But to reply to his "the state playoffs will bring Marshall back to Earth".

Maybe so. And probably Texas high too.

If you're referring to me I have not deleted anything. And yes Texas High will lose to Ennis or JT. No doubt. But my point is Marshall is not as good a team as you and others have said. I've followed Texas High football since the early 60's and no way is their program inferior to Marshall. I remember when I played we always considered Marshall an easy win, and it usually was. And as I said earlier none of these teams will do much in the playoffs.

If I recall correctly majority of Marshall fans projected 2 district loses to THIGH and Lview and said that would be a good year have no idea where all the extra came from I must have missed it... we exceeded expectations and split the two games it's extremely hard to go unbeaten not like tonight is the coup de grace or anything give Haller more time to adjust to playing QB before the playoffs and let the chips fall where they may

How does Thigh look offensively/defensively?

Ok here goes. Marshall has had a great season until tonight no doubt about it. They beat the Lobos for the first time in nearly 20 years. That being said field conditions at Grim were the same for both teams. T-High usually spreads it out more than the power run formations. tonight T-High stayed under center in either an I formation or single back set with two TE's. Everyone has known since Tuesday that the forecast seemed rather sure of a rainy night on a natural grass field. T-High adjusted their game plan accordingly. WHY Wouldn't you!!! Marshall was without their Sr. quarterback who is a 4 year starter. Hate that for the Hart Kid. Not sure he would have made that big of a difference at Grim tonight. Folks T-High just matches up well with the Mavs regardless of weather conditions or who is are is not at QB. Hart was QB two years ago when T-High won at MAV stadium 45-0 or something. Last year Hart the Quarterback at Marshall and Haller was in the same roll. Patton the quick release receiver etc 41-14 T-High the result last year. Sometimes teams just match up with what you are trying to do really well. Coach Harper and his staff and the hard working kids that play the game have things going their way in Marshall. They have talented athletes all over the place and the Washington kid at D line is a beast!!! Good Luck to Marshall from here on out and Congrats to the Tigers!!

• Like 2

I agree. We both had to play in the same conditions. Texas High coaching staff prepared for and ran an offense favorable to the conditions. Harper didnt. Marshall got outplayed and more importantly out coached tonight. Honestly i do think we are in trouble moving forward. Hart was a bigger loss than Haller would have been if we had lost him. When there is no pass threat downfield you can stack and stop the run. I said it before the game and thats what the Tigers did. Smart coaching by Norton in my book. Haller is an outstanding athlete, a great football player and runner but he is not a qb. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong over the next few weeks.

If it's one game Mavs get jack up for its Longview. I wasn't suprised they beat us. They play really really inspired ball that night! To sum it up...4th and goal from the 4 and they run it straight up the middle and Cam bulls his away through a tackler into the endzone...they wanted to really win that game. Mavs always play Longview like it's do or die for them. Now Lobos/THigh...we're in there heads somewat. Not saying they don't give max effort but I don't really see the fire like you see from a Mavs game. It's crazy but just different match ups. I wasn't completely sold on Mavs beating THIGH even with Hart playing.

Whatever dude.....it wasn't even us saying it. Outsiders were. And common opponents prove everything.

Also, Your entire fan base (as well as your own coach) was saying all week how Marshall wouldn't miss a beat with Cam at QB.

Doubt seriously that Hart would've made any difference in this game, especially with the rainy conditions.

I agree whole heartily.

I don't intend to or need to defend MavChamp. The post I'm sure you are referring to was in a direct response from somebody throwing darts at the Mavs. I've never heard him down us. But if somebody takes a punch at your team, you are gonna get a counter punch

I get punched all the time. Glad to see these poster finally surfacing.

If it's one game Mavs get jack up for its Longview. I wasn't suprised they beat us. They play really really inspired ball that night! To sum it up...4th and goal from the 4 and they run it straight up the middle and Cam bulls his away through a tackler into the endzone...they wanted to really win that game. Mavs always play Longview like it's do or die for them. Now Lobos/THigh...we're in there heads somewat. Not saying they don't give max effort but I don't really see the fire like you see from a Mavs game. It's crazy but just different match ups. I wasn't completely sold on Mavs beating THIGH even with Hart playing.

Way I look at this is...

Longview is Marshall's biggest game of the year. Mav fans can try and say it's not, run around it all you want, but it's true. The way you reacted to the game following the win confirmed everything. This was Marshall's season to win it, or it wasn't going to happen for a quick minute imo. And every single thing had to come together for them to do it even with as many returning players as they had....and it did. Marshall played undoubtedly their best game of the season against Longview. They blocked better, they protected the ball better, just everything they did against Longview...was a little bit better than they had done anything previously in the season. Longview is on the opposite end of the Marshall care. Not many people in Longview consider Marshall a big rival anymore. Even when Marshall was a rival, it was purely based on location. Very few times did our game ever have any type of district title impact or playoff seeding on the line...especially not like it does when it comes to Lufkin or John Tyler (or even Tyler Lee/Mesquite Horn/Mesquite in more recent seasons). End of the day, Longview played as poorly as it had all season long against the Mavericks. This was the one year the Lobos couldn't get away with it against the Mavs and Marshall took advantage.

Past two weeks, have been complete turn around. Hopefully a loss to the Mavs was what Longview needed to kick start their butts into gear. Marshall had a let down earlier in the week when it came to losing a star quarterback, but like others had said...would Hart have made that big of a difference in a game like tonight with the weather and the conditions and the location being a huge impact on the game? No one will ever know, but Texas High dominated from start to finish it sounds like. Without Hart back their passing, the Mav offense becomes extremely predictable IMO.

Marshall is heading in the right direction, but you can't replace a guy like Hart within a week and just expect everything to continue going like it was, which some Mav fans seemed to be expecting for whatever reason. You've got two weeks to get ready for the real stuff. We'll all have a gold ball at the end of the year at this point.

Ok here goes. Marshall has had a great season until tonight no doubt about it. They beat the Lobos for the first time in nearly 20 years. That being said field conditions at Grim were the same for both teams. T-High usually spreads it out more than the power run formations. tonight T-High stayed under center in either an I formation or single back set with two TE's. Everyone has known since Tuesday that the forecast seemed rather sure of a rainy night on a natural grass field. T-High adjusted their game plan accordingly. WHY Wouldn't you!!! Marshall was without their Sr. quarterback who is a 4 year starter. Hate that for the Hart Kid. Not sure he would have made that big of a difference at Grim tonight. Folks T-High just matches up well with the Mavs regardless of weather conditions or who is are is not at QB. Hart was QB two years ago when T-High won at MAV stadium 45-0 or something. Last year Hart the Quarterback at Marshall and Haller was in the same roll. Patton the quick release receiver etc 41-14 T-High the result last year. Sometimes teams just match up with what you are trying to do really well. Coach Harper and his staff and the hard working kids that play the game have things going their way in Marshall. They have talented athletes all over the place and the Washington kid at D line is a beast!!! Good Luck to Marshall from here on out and Congrats to the Tigers!!

I said this all along. Great observation with the guts to say it.

Our pass defense is much better than our run defense. I doubt Tx High would have had THAT much success throwing against us. I know it was raining and all but as soon as yall went away from the run and tried to throw for some reason we picked it and turned it into our only score. Im not saying it couldnt happen but why throw when we really havent stopped anybodys running game in 8 weeks?

Our pass defense is much better than our run defense. I doubt Tx High would have had THAT much success throwing against us. I know it was raining and all but as soon as yall went away from the run and tried to throw for some reason we picked it and turned it into our only score. Im not saying it couldnt happen but why throw when we really havent stopped anybodys running game in 8 weeks?

I'm not a coach and I'm no guru, but I truly believe Sulphur Springs & Marshall have a flawed strategy in attacking us. Sure sometimes you just have across the board better athletes and you pull it off, but we have been very consistent in holding both teams to much less than they normally score over the years. I won't count tonight because of the weather conditions and because of the QB change with the Mavericks. There are just some schemes that play into your strengths.

And 07....send me the steak. will pass it along

Your not counting tonight because of the weather conditions ? Are you serious? This is not Basketball where you have a thermostat and a roof! Am I misunderstanding you or is this Hillary Clinton? The QB played the last 3 years and we beat them at their place! Change your name please!

:lol:

yep, I'm Hillary in drag. Not sure I get your point. But it IS a clever way to start an argument about nothing !

My point was that their offensive style plays into our defensive strength. You can count tonight if you want to. It doesn't even have anything to do with the point I was making. The weather didn't really affect how the last 3-4 years have played out