Marshall (7-0, 4-0) Vs. Texas High (5-2, 3-1)

Mavchamp

Marshal Vs. Texas High  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Texas High in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Texas High in a blow out
    • Marshall in a blowout

Texas High has shown a pretty good ability to defense pass & spread oriented offenses. While we did better than I expected with Longview, we are most vulnerable to straight ahead power running IMO. Defensive backs have above average speed & we have active LBs. DL lack of size is our biggest defensive problem.

On offense we have survived off of the RB Witcher. Very good runner that's not very big but hard to get down. He was also dinged up in the Longview game, but as far as I know he is expected to play. QB is young, but has accurate arm when given time. We have some very promising YOUNG receivers that are starting to make some spectacular catches. Up until the LV game we have had trouble giving our QB time in the pocket to throw. It was better this week, so I'm hoping they have turned that corner.

Kicking game has not been good. Special teams returns have been excellent.

All in all.......another typical Jekyll-Hyde team that is not consistent week-to-week. I think we have a punchers-chance with it being at Grim, but Marshall deserves to be a clear favorite. We'll see........ Texas High will have to play close to error free and get some TOs to be able to handle the Mavs. Could happen. We will pay the refs off, bug the locker rooms, and stop up the visitor's toilets. Whatever it takes :lol:

As everyone knows Marshall has a good team my theory is to double cover number 17 and stuff the run Texas high has to go more wide open on offense these quick run passes on Marshall defense Mav is to fast

you double Dabbs...Trel will kill you. Stuffing the run...only when Haller let's you. Mavs got sum weapons!
  • Like 1

If i am the Texas High defensive coordinator this week im gonna play man up close coverage on all the Mav receivers to prevent the quick passes and put everybody else in the box to stop Haller & Mills. Only way i change it up is if Haller proves he can beat us with his arm down the field.

Isn't that what Longview did leaving them without Safety help?

Looks like we will be getting rained on Friday night...... that could neutralize both passing games.

I think the team is still very capable of winning with Haller at QB..... the guy is a beast. Mills is an added dimension. If we can get those short passes off to J. Dabbs and Trel, then we should be OK.

I'm more concerned about the defense. We've given up a lot of yardage. But we do seem to make "just enough" critical stops to get the job done. They will need to be lights out this week to help out.

Still waiting word final on Hart. Too much speculation on here.

I've heard from 2 pretty reliable people that the x ray was negative for broken bones. But the MRI will be the biggie. Will probably know something tonight I bet.

EIther way, he won't be playing this week. Maybe before the playoffs.....maybe.

http://www.marshallmavericks.net/

Got the GAMEDAY tab all updated for the Texas High game.

Lot's of history with the Mavs and the Tigers. Nearly 100 games between them.

Mavs have a shot at their 5th undefeated regular season in history and their 21st district title if they can take care of business.

Hart's season is done. Tore everything. I hate it for the guy..... he was on his way to becoming the all time passing leader at MHS. Just a horrible way to end a spectacular season (and career as a 4 year starter) for him. He finishes the season going 59-86 for 1,168 yards and 11 touchdowns against 2 interceptions. Had a completion rate of 68.6% for an average of 19.7 yards per toss.

----------------

Will be Cameron Haller's time to shine the rest of the way. He's had plenty of snaps at QB the last 2 seasons, sharing it with Hart. He hasn't thrown an INT, but he has a couple of passing TD's. I don't have his passing stats ATM.

QB Trevor Clark will be moved up from JV to varsity...making the 8th sophomore on varsity.

Prayers to Hart and to WR Caden Landreneaux who also had a knee injury last week.