Marshall (7-0, 4-0) Vs. Texas High (5-2, 3-1)

Mavchamp

Marshal Vs. Texas High  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Texas High in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Texas High in a blow out
    • Marshall in a blowout

You know..... I've read a lot of garbage on here (and other places) the last 2 weeks since the Longview game. Oddly enough, hardly any of it all has come from Lobo Nation. MOST Lobo fans have been gracious in the loss...... most of the trash talk has come from people riding on the Lobo's jock trying to stir up things that don't even matter.

Texarkana announcers calling it fluke. OK....whatever. Fortunately...... their view of the game doesn't take the W away from us. Take your fluke and shove it.

Bellyaches about how Longview left points on the field. Watch the film. So did Marshall. That's how tough/close games usually go.

People still saying Longview is still the best team in the district. That may be true. Only time will tell. But we accomplished something that no one else in this district has accomplished in (almost) 4 full football seasons Longview has spent with this district. But you can have a cookie if it makes you feel better.

Calling Coach Harper's excitement classless. Ridiculous. Harper has done nothing but praise the Lobo program before and after the game. He has tremendous respect for John King. In fact, I've only heard him preach respect for every team we've faced this season.

Talking about air up basketballs...... last season we were ALL done by the 2nd week of the playoffs. It could very well happen again this year.

I'm still trying to figure out how LE worked it's way into the conversation..... #irrelevant. And as far as "texarkana city champions", who cares? Texas High can have it.... we have bigger fish (like maybe a fluke) to fry!

GO MAVS GO!

It feels bad when people try to take credit away from a big win huh!

First thing, beating Longview was no fluke. Good, clean, hard fought game by both teams. Second, Clint Harper is all class. Any program would be getting a special coach to have him. Very humble in winning or losing, always complimentary of other teams and coaches. He is all about the kids and to say or think otherwise just shows how little you know about this man.

anyhow.... I said MOST has come from non Lobo fans.....

Whatever makes Dogon and others like him happy.....carry on....... they can ride the Lobo jock if they like.

I wish nothing but the best for Longview and Texas High after district is over.

with a scrimmage score on it......

Not going to get into it with ya but ok. Yes it had a scrimmage score on there. No we weren't making scrimmage t-shirts as you're trying to portray. We were celebrating our first district championship in 7 years.

If yall beat Texas High make sure to ask em to leave the scoreboard on for fhe weekend so you can celebrate your first in 20 seasons right in front of it.

10 seasons. We won district in 2005.

and....

I don't see how one is any is any more ridiculous than the other.

Both showed excitement and pride in a big win over a team we had each struggled against.

I don't see how either are a big deal TBH.

First thing, beating Longview was no fluke. Good, clean, hard fought game by both teams. Second, Clint Harper is all class. Any program would be getting a special coach to have him. Very humble in winning or losing, always complimentary of other teams and coaches. He is all about the kids and to say or think otherwise just shows how little you know about this man.

No one is taking anything away from Harper, he is a good coach, his father was a good coach! Who I believe coached at Marshall during the Bill Harper era, but in my opinion saying, "we're a bad football team, no one wants to play us" is a little far stretched

I can't explain the PT game. We played like ####. Can't deny it. Just own it and tip your hat to a well played game by the Pirates.

I felt like we put Greenville away pretty early. It was 21-6 at the end of the 1Q and was 42-13 at the half. IMHO, we struggled in the second half.....only scoring a FG. But we didn't show much after Hart left the game. There wasn't much need to.

If JT brings the same team they had back in Week 2...this isn't far fetched at all.

Thigh has some players and having Hampton back at the receiver postion is going to benefit them in any game they play. If they can extend drives and give Witcher room to run, who knows! Although JT does seem to have things clicking right now

Believe outsiders are calling it a fluke win because they struggled with PT and struggled with Greenville early.

Hmm From my point of view neither team is just great and this district is as watered down as it ever has been! Longview may have been caught slipping, but At the same time the Mavs could've been better. If they played 10 times Marshall would win____ ?? Just a question?

Hmm From my point of view neither team is just great and this district is as watered down as it ever has been! Longview may have been caught slipping, but At the same time the Mavs could've been better. If they played 10 times Marshall would win____ ?? Just a question?

No one in their right mind would want to play Longview more than once.

They are physical, they are tough, and they are good. And they are flawed.

Just like ALL of us are.

No team is perfect in all areas. At least no team I've seen this season has been. And I've seen about15 football games this season already.

I can't explain the PT game. We played like ####. Can't deny it. Just own it and tip your hat to a well played game by the Pirates.

I felt like we put Greenville away pretty early.

Thought that game was 21-13 at one point with Greenville scoring first?

Either way, Longview has taken care of common opponents worse than Marshall has...thus the reason for the fluke win comments I'm sure.

A loss or even a close win to Texas High won't cease the critical talk.

Longview has potential to be a good team if we can cut out the mistakes, especially turnovers. Against Texas High, we made hardly any mistakes after our first drive, and it resulted in a big win. Against Marshall, we made tons of mistakes (including, IMHO, in playcalling). Won't beat many teams like that, especially good ones. But at the same time, Marshall dropped some deep passes, so they didn't play a perfect game either. Can't speculate on who would win out of 10 gmaes. We don't play them 10 times- we played them once and they won it.

Well, once every 15 years isn't that common. I think you can answer that on your on.

If Marshall/Longview played 10 times with the same roster that we each had (Lobos minus Miller and Mavs with Hart) i think its a pretty even split. I wouldnt think it would be more than 6 games to 4 either way. Now you play with the current rosters (Lobos with Miller and Mavs without Hart) thats a whole different thing. I take Longview in 8 or 9.

If Marshall/Longview played 10 times with the same roster that we each had (Lobos minus Miller and Mavs with Hart) i think its a pretty even split. I wouldnt think it would be more than 6 games to 4 either way. Now you play with the current rosters (Lobos with Miller and Mavs without Hart) thats a whole different thing. I take Longview in 8 or 9.

That's assuming Longview doesn't adjust their coverage scheme right? :D. I am 100% confident on LV trying to throw on us 20 times a game lol...

The Game wasn't a fluke. Longview had some bad play-calling and some timely mistakes that Marshall capitalized on every time. Every time Longview got momentum, Marshall answered. Greenville had momentum, Marshall took it away and ran away with it.

It's crazy how everyone hates Marshall now because they are a yr or 2 ahead of expectations... I guess Longview fans know it best... Everyone in east Texas hates their success in district