Gilmer vs Bullard

Buckeye22

I am so tired of people beating up on our coaches and players. Be good fans people. Our Bux are 8-0 and going to continue to get better. Just to let you all know, Rashad is HURT. Our coaches are the BEST and they KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. No, they're not perfect and yes they make mistakes. And I can guarantee, they know when they make mistakes and are the FIRST to correct them.

One little factor that you all seem to leave out, the opponents are fighting to win, which leads to us having things not go our way EVERY PLAY. Even non-football fans know that.

So get off our coaches backs, get off or teenage boys backs, and support your team. Most fans in this state would be THRILLED to be sitting in the position we're in.

GO BUCKEYES!!!! And I do think we'll go FAR into the play-offs and very possibly get to the championship game!!!!!!!

Thank you,,, well said.

Hey, here's an idea,,, any frustrations we have during the game,,, let's just take it out on the striped shirt guys. They always deserve it anyway right? LOL :rofl: :lol:

Let's just lay off the coaches,,, too many good men on this staff for them to deserve this stuff. Ok, I'm out,, said all on the subject I want or need to.

I trust the coaches and we are blessed to have them around our kids. If people don't like the way they do things then quit coming to the games. Gilmer doesn't need fans that try so hard to find problems when they are winning. Obviously there is always room for improvement but these kids are 15,16,17 years old.. let's give them & the coaches a break. We need to SUPPORT our team. Nothing is worse then going to games and hearing people yell terrible things at our kids & coaches and there has been plenty of that this year. We need to stand behind our team, school and community. There are tons of programs that would love to be in our position right now.

Praying for our coaches and players this week - safe travels to both teams and for a safe and competitive game.

GO BUCKEYES!

I trust the coaches and we are blessed to have them around our kids. If people don't like the way they do things then quit coming to the games. Gilmer doesn't need fans that try so hard to find problems when they are winning. Obviously there is always room for improvement but these kids are 15,16,17 years old.. let's give them & the coaches a break. We need to SUPPORT our team. Nothing is worse then going to games and hearing people yell terrible things at our kids & coaches and there has been plenty of that this year. We need to stand behind our team, school and community. There are tons of programs that would love to be in our position right now.

Praying for our coaches and players this week - safe travels to both teams and for a safe and competitive game.

GO BUCKEYES!

Wait I can't stand it...The game plan was poor at best for two weeks in a row now. Simple adjustments could have open the flood gates. In the Canton game the defensive line was submarining all night...how do you counter that, you pull your lineman and trap block and leave the defensive lineman laying on the ground, no adjustment was made. Our edge blocking has been poor all year but Canton and Bullard blitzed their safety when the jet sweep was called...counter by running inside receiver across the middle where that safety just vacated. Bullard played cover two all night with the safety lined up over the inside receiver and the outside linebacker only concern was stopping run. How do you attack cover two...I'm glad you asked over the middle right those linebackers we are giving so much praise who was fully committed on stopping the run. We just threw to the outside in double coverage most of the night and our receivers made plays. Ask yourself how many times we threw across the middle where the receiver would have been wide open...watch the film. And please don't hit me with the guess you should have been a coach talk, I love football so I could have, I just pick a more lucrative profession. But that doesn't let the play calling off the hook by the coaches because honestly the didn't put our kids in the best opportunities to capitalize on the way the defense is playing. We won on pure depth and talent and that won't cut it in the playoffs. And there is a certain offensive lineman that gets whooped every play and still manages to play the whole game. Watch the film, terrible play calling. And I can go on, but I digress.

You might want to stick to your "more lucrative profession". You're analysis of Bullard's defensive scheme is way off.

It is a good thing that MichaelMyers and RealBuckeye weren't on the school board in Traylor's first few years. They would have fired him. He went 6-4, 8-3 and 8-3.

Matt Turner is 8-0 after graduate tons of talent and both of them think they can do better. It is a good thing RealBuckeye went for the lucrative career. He wouldn't be able to keep a coaching job. He couldn't even properly describe the Bullard defense.

MichaelMyers should stick to taking "players out for lunch". Let's just hope he isn't giving coaching advice. This is the same guy that said Spears couldn't throw the deep ball only to see Gilmer throw deep a dozen times the past 2 games. A few of them were 50-55 yards in the air.

Be happy to be 8-0 with that non-district schedule. They have exceeded most people's expectations thus far.

You might want to stick to your "more lucrative profession". You're analysis of Bullard's defensive scheme is way off.

Thank you strongdog. I laughed so hard at Realbuckeye when he posted that, but didn't want to argue with him. Like you said I am glad he stuck with his profession and not coaching or scouting. lol

Give it a rest, folks. We're in this together. We don't always have to agree with each other on everything. Let's just back the Buckeyes together. The players AND the coaches DESERVE and have EARNED our support, regardless of our disagreements.

Buzz kill

It is a good thing that MichaelMyers and RealBuckeye weren't on the school board in Traylor's first few years. They would have fired him. He went 6-4, 8-3 and 8-3.

Matt Turner is 8-0 after graduate tons of talent and both of them think they can do better. It is a good thing RealBuckeye went for the lucrative career. He wouldn't be able to keep a coaching job. He couldn't even properly describe the Bullard defense.

MichaelMyers should stick to taking "players out for lunch". Let's just hope he isn't giving coaching advice. This is the same guy that said Spears couldn't throw the deep ball only to see Gilmer throw deep a dozen times the past 2 games. A few of them were 50-55 yards in the air.

Be happy to be 8-0 with that non-district schedule. They have exceeded most people's expectations thus far.

+100000000

Okay, this shall be my last post on this thread. Then, on to Nevada Community.

The big discussion this week seems to be that the new coaching staff is worse than the old coaching staff. Or maybe more specifically, Matt Turner is not as good of a coach as Jeff Traylor. The "proof" is found in these 3 facts: 1) The team isn't getting better as the season progresses; 2) The wrong kids are playing, and the reason has to do with "politics"; & 3) The play calling is horrible.

So I would like to look a little deeper at these three "proofs."

1) Team is not getting better. I remember the 2013 Buckeyes. I thought they would win state. Virtually everyone returned from the team that went to state in 2012. After watching them demolish Prestonwood, I thought they were the real deal. But then I watched them against Daingerfield and Chapel Hill, and I knew something was wrong. They just weren't improving. They made too many mistakes. The had a fatal flaw (struggle with a power running game). And those mistakes and that fatal flaw caused them to lose to Kilgore and Argyle. They just didn't get any better as the year went on. Matt Turner wasn't the head coach of that team.

2) Wrong kids are playing because of "politics". What makes me want to laugh at this one is anyone who says this obviously hasn't spent a lot of time with Jeff Traylor or Matt Turner. One of Jeff's strengths was he understood the "politics" of Gilmer. I'm not saying that in a negative way. Jeff understood how to get kids on the field, appease parents, talk with parents, and was excellent with the PR that comes with being a head football coach. Matt is not wired that way. Matt loves, in order, Jesus, his family, kids, and football. And when he is focused on those things, some other things just aren't as big on his radar. If anything, Matt is oblivious to the politics of Gilmer (which might be the real reason why some people are frustrated with him). But The question of Gilmer kids playing and politics isn't a new issue. Good gosh, Eagleborn will be more than happy to tell you about the "inside deals" and "personal promises" Gilmer made to certain players.

3) Bad Play Calling. If there's anything I've learned in my life of watching football, it's that all coaches are idiots and most fans could do a better job at play calling. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people complain about stupid plays Jeff called, Matt has called, and any other coach has called. I'm pretty sure if Nick Saban became the head coach of Gilmer tomorrow, there would be a host of fans criticizing his play calling within a month, if not a week.

In other words, every accusation made against Matt was also made against Jeff at some point in his tenure.

Now, it should be obvious that Matt and Jeff are different people. Their coaching philosophies are the same, but their styles are quite different. They also are very different personalities. Matt is never going to have a conniption fit on the sidelines like Jeff used to have. The refs won't go home deaf in one ear like they used to. But most players love Matt Turner and would run through a brick wall for him.

The coaches are different. Let's accept that and gain a little perspective to our criticism.

2nd stringer....are you suggesting Bullard didn't run cover 2 defense in the secondary or they didn't blitz on the edge when we ran jet sweeps. And don't you attack cover 2 defense by throwing over the middle, which we didn't do at all??? Or maybe you think they were running an exotic Pittsburg Steeler D with two high safeties that do what???? My observation was why didn't we attach the cover 2 with a pass across the middle. Then you tell me Yoda what coverage did Bullard play since my eyes must have been fooling me?