Gilmer vs Bullard

Buckeye22

2nd stringer....are you suggesting Bullard didn't run cover 2 defense in the secondary or they didn't blitz on the edge when we ran jet sweeps. And don't you attack cover 2 defense by throwing over the middle, which we didn't do at all??? Or maybe you think they were running an exotic Pittsburg Steeler D with two high safeties that do what???? My observation was why didn't we attach the cover 2 with a pass across the middle. Then you tell me Yoda what coverage did Bullard play since my eyes must have been fooling me?

I assume by 2nd string you are referring to me. I apologize for not posting more and having a higher post count. I usually tend to stay off these types of message boards because of the amount of "wisdom" that comes out of fans mouths. I am very familiar to what Bullard defensive scheme is. Bullard did not run cover 2 versus Gilmer... Bullard is not even a cover 2 team. To the casual observer, such as yourself, I can understand how the coverage might be confusing (or maybe your eye sight needs to be checked). Bullard is a pattern read team, some also call this palms coverage. But I'm sure you knew that. Gilmer did try to challenge the middle, on more than one occasion a post/pipe was run. As far as "blitzing" the "safety"... wow. It's an interesting theory but very far off. That is called reading your key. Gilmer coaches do an awesome job of packaging their plays, such as fly with GF counter (very good stuff if a defense isn't disciplined). RealBuckeye, please leave schemes/plays to coaches. You have a great staff at Gilmer that does an awesome job with the kids. The last thing they need is people in "more lucrative careers" telling them how to do their jobs. Gilmer won a hard fought game. Gilmer kids win with class and the coaches coach with class, what more could a fan ask for?

It is a good thing that MichaelMyers and RealBuckeye weren't on the school board in Traylor's first few years. They would have fired him. He went 6-4, 8-3 and 8-3.

Matt Turner is 8-0 after graduate tons of talent and both of them think they can do better. It is a good thing RealBuckeye went for the lucrative career. He wouldn't be able to keep a coaching job. He couldn't even properly describe the Bullard defense.

MichaelMyers should stick to taking "players out for lunch". Let's just hope he isn't giving coaching advice. This is the same guy that said Spears couldn't throw the deep ball only to see Gilmer throw deep a dozen times the past 2 games. A few of them were 50-55 yards in the air.

Be happy to be 8-0 with that non-district schedule. They have exceeded most people's expectations thus far.

Spears can throw the deep ball fine during pre game warm ups and as long as no one is putting pressure on him.He has a very strong arm.My point is when He has a lot of pressure put on him he seems to panic instead of buying time with his feet to hit someone deep.Devin Smith made a few acrobatic catches also on those deep throws.I would like to see Zack relax more instead of being so jumpy and hang in there and buy some more time.I don't want him to take a sack or force a throw to be picked but not be so anxious to run to the sideline to throw it away.He has improved a lot from the beginning of the year though.

Dude just watch the freaking film the middle was open all night because the middle LB was fully vested on stopping the run not dropping back to fill the hole in the middle and for the record as I pointed out earlier we could expoited that!! And those deep balls that were throw were not down the middle, I'm familiar with that. But the 2 string knows best since that probably what you played...lmao

Okay, hopefully this will be my last post concerning the matter. I personally have not played pattern read in HS or college (we were more man free and 2 man). I just happen to know for a fact that is what Bullard runs in their secondary. Do you expect a MLB to be fully vested in stopping the pass (maybe if it was Tampa coverage, then yes)... Let's not forget you gain an extra backer because Bullard is a 3-4 team. The MLB triggers because of his read... He sees zone blocking/pulls/high hat/low hat all that good stuff (part of the reason why play action works great). Maybe we could also talk about the techs of the DL. Was he a 5, a 4i... Were they spilling The GF ctr, boxing it? This is fun.

Okay, hopefully this will be my last post concerning the matter. I personally have not played pattern read in HS or college (we were more man free and 2 man). I just happen to know for a fact that is what Bullard runs in their secondary. Do you expect a MLB to be fully vested in stopping the pass (maybe if it was Tampa coverage, then yes)... Let's not forget you gain an extra backer because Bullard is a 3-4 team. The MLB triggers because of his read... He sees zone blocking/pulls/high hat/low hat all that good stuff (part of the reason why play action works great). Maybe we could also talk about the techs of the DL. Was he a 5, a 4i... Were they spilling The GF ctr, boxing it? This is fun.

Great analysis of the Bullard defense. I don't know what RealBuckeye was watching. It is a good thing he sought a "more lucrative career". He might starve if he was a coach. OLB was swallowing up the jet sweep, not the safety.

BTW, I wanted to mention that Bullard inserted a kid to start at ILB a few weeks ago named Donovan Yeley. Great kid. Coached him in baseball. He was all over the field against Gilmer. 15 tackles including 5 for a loss. I heard he tore his MCL last night and is out for the season. Please pray for him. Kid was playing outstanding ball.

• Like 1

2nd Stringer....best post I have read.....Football stuff!!! And come on and lay off with the "lucrative", I only made that statement to diffuse the next key board tuff poster from saying "Maybe you should have been a coach", not to be arrogant or high minded, which by the way didn't stop posters from saying it anyway. And I say key board tuff poster because if we were in a group discussing this at half time of a football game no one would say "You should just go coach then", we would just talk football as the way we see it, not shut people down with sly comments, just talk football. The intention of this forum...And I'm out!!