The Official 2016 Texas Rangers Thread

Stoney

Yovani Gallardo, Colby Lewis, Mike Napoli, Drew Stubbs, Will Venable

Those are your 2016 Rangers Free Agents.

Hamels, Dyson, Deikman with their multi year contracts and arbitration eligible years intact , would have been a great free agent haul, came via trade.

Gallardo with his $13m contract was a nice solid pickup. Darvish, Hamels are locks. Perez, Holland, Martinez, Gonzalez are in the still potentially bright future/ right deal trade bait. Lewis was a 17 game winner. Lewis would probably come back with a team friendly deal. Gallardo will probably get overpaid. The Greinke sweepstakes will be there if you want to get involved.

Dyson, Kela, Deikman and Tolleson were a very good pen to close the season. The right piece could be in the farm system or a FA veteran minimum.

Right handed power. Napoli is coming off a $16m contract. For someone to hit lefties, play some first and LF (if your heart can stand it) he might be the best bet. Just depends on the money and your willingness to pay for that bench role. Speaking of bench. Stubbs was the defensive replacement for DeShields in late innings. He handled the Gentry role. Martin blew off going to the Arizona Fall League. With DeShields bringing a spark, I don't see Martin retaking his spot. Who is the odd man out Stubbs or Martin?

JD has this team in a great spot heading into 2016. A couple tweaks and we should be AL West favorites.

Yovani Gallardo, Colby Lewis, Mike Napoli, Drew Stubbs, Will Venable

Those are your 2016 Rangers Free Agents.

Hamels, Dyson, Deikman with their multi year contracts and arbitration eligible years intact , would have been a great free agent haul, came via trade.

Gallardo with his $13m contract was a nice solid pickup. Darvish, Hamels are locks. Perez, Holland, Martinez, Gonzalez are in the still potentially bright future/ right deal trade bait. Lewis was a 17 game winner. Lewis would probably come back with a team friendly deal. Gallardo will probably get overpaid. The Greinke sweepstakes will be there if you want to get involved.

Dyson, Kela, Deikman and Tolleson were a very good pen to close the season. The right piece could be in the farm system or a FA veteran minimum.

Right handed power. Napoli is coming off a $16m contract. For someone to hit lefties, play some first and LF (if your heart can stand it) he might be the best bet. Just depends on the money and your willingness to pay for that bench role. Speaking of bench. Stubbs was the defensive replacement for DeShields in late innings. He handled the Gentry role. Martin blew off going to the Arizona Fall League. With DeShields bringing a spark, I don't see Martin retaking his spot. Who is the odd man out Stubbs or Martin?

JD has this team in a great spot heading into 2016. A couple tweaks and we should be AL West favorites.

If Martin doesn't want to take extra reps against solid competition, what's he telling management with his actions? He's a really good defender and I wish he could find consistency at the plate. i think deshields caught teams off guard this season, the league will figure him out I'm afraid. Not sure he can play a premium position everyday in the majors and make a career of it. I'd be open for getting rid of Moreland for something of equal value and let Gallo split time with Napoli and eventually take over for an aging Beltre.

Mitch is in his last arbitration year, making him a possible 2017 Free Agent. Moving Mitch gives the Rangers flexibility.

Dave Magadan will not return as hitting coach. Andy Hawkins joins him as the Rangers will have a new bullpen coach.

I'd be open for getting rid of Moreland for something of equal value and let Gallo split time with Napoli and eventually take over for an aging Beltre.

I'm not sure if I would be as open to getting rid of Moreland with his bounce back year, but the reasoning in the rest of this is pretty logical. I would almost want to receive an "almost" major league ready first baseman and bullpen arm for Moreland.

So an upgrade in #s from previous summers is .270 with 20 HRs and 80 RBIs playing your 1st base in the AL and being benched the majority of the time vs lefties? No thanks, I'll pass.

Seriously? You think you're going to be able to find an upgrade from that? I'm not sure there are too many 30 100 first basemen available this offseason.

We need to see what Holland has to offer with a full year, if we get that before we jump ship with him

After game 4, it could not be more obvious: he is more interested in doing his Harry Carrey, Major League impression than being a major league pitcher. I'll take Yu, Cole, Perez, Chi Chi and a FA acquisition- preferably Colby or Yovani - than that clown car Holland.

Moreland was 0-13 this post season and can't hit lefties to save his life. Send him packing.

He's a FA after this year. It makes sense to hold on to him as long as we sign a 1B - preferably Napoli. Worst case, we ship him in July for a bullpen arm and some minor league players.

After game 4, it could not be more obvious: he is more interested in doing his Harry Carrey, Major League impression than being a major league pitcher. I'll take Yu, Cole, Perez, Chi Chi and a FA acquisition- preferably Colby or Yovani - than that clown car Holland.

Tell that to the 2011 playoffs. Also, still hasn't had a full year in the last two. Patience is a virtue

The only defense I have for Holland, and this goes for Perez too, is the time table of coming back from injury. Its usually the year after that pitchers bounce back to form. Holland has had the one year of good consistent success however. As a Rangers fan what do you have more belief in: the flashes of untapped potential or the goofball not living up to it.

Chris Davis is your big free agent first baseman. Justin Upton and Yoenis Cespedes should be on the market.

Evan Grant published an article today discussing why its prudent to trade Moreland to the NL and resign Napoli. Although after arbitration, he will make 5.5 - 6 million, he is a hinderance in regards to be heavy loaded on lefties. Top prospect Joey Gallo would take over at first with Napoli. Gallo has more versatility than Moreland - he can play 1B, 3B, and LF. It would give balance to lineup and give our top prospect a shot.

http://beta.sportsdaydfw.com/texas-rangers/rangersheadlines/2015/10/19/rangers-offseason-issue-2-improving-team-balance-cost-key-contributor?hootPostID=d391629318fdfd2456d80339d081e9b1

I dont see Chris Davis on this team. A platoon of Napoli/Gallo, Prince DH is more likely. Gallo could slide to 3B, Prince to 1B, Beltre to DH certain nights. Napoli at 1B, Prince DH, Beltre 3B, Gallo LF some.

It would be great, if you can deal with the strikeouts, and if he can deal with the pressure he felt of playing so close to home and hindered his performance.

As a rookie.... Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him back, but it wouldn't surprise me if he hit .215 with 25 HRs and 60 RBIs. He has major flaws still. I'll always back him though, he's a tremendous athlete and a defensive upgrade over Moreland. One of the best if not the best gloves at 1B in the majors. He will always lack the focus to win a gold glove though. Dude has major ADD