The Official 2016 Texas Rangers Thread

Stoney

What are yalls thoughts on Gallo for Moore/Odorizzi from the Rays?

I know it's a small sample size but man he can not lay off that high fastball can he? Let's look at it just for the 2016 season. Who brings the most value to this team? Who is most expendable to make a move? I'm keeping Profar. I don't know if Choo can stay healthy. I can plug Profar in LF, DH or the infield. Dude is averaging 4 pitches an at bat. The offense needs that type of bat and versatility. I'm moving Gallo. He could grow into a 40 homer, 100 RBI guy like Chris Davis. It probably won't be here or in the remaining 2016 season. This team is built for 1-9 to contribute. With Fielder's injury the option of plugging Profar or Gallo into the lineup is easy. It's Profar. Trade Gallo and a prospect for Odorizzi and Colome. Trade Gallo for Moore and Colome. Trade Gallo.

Looks like the Rangers are getting Beltran from the Yankees for pitchers Dillon Tate, Nick Green, and Erik Swanson.

Yankees will pay the rest of Beltrans salary.

Seems like a deal to keep Beltran out of Houston. There were rumors the Astros were looking to reunite with their former CF rental...

1B Moreland

2B Odor

3B Beltre

SS Andrus

LF Profar

CF Desmond

RF Mazara

C Lucroy

DH Beltran

Choo be back this week. Going to be hard for Profar to play everyday. Texas has a lot of options for the offseason now

Seems like a deal to keep Beltran out of Houston. There were rumors the Astros were looking to reunite with their former CF rental...

Houston had their chance

JD does it again! He stuck close to his beliefs and didn't overpay for a Sale or Archer. Especially not someone like Matt Moore. I can't believe the Giants traded two top prospects AND their everyday 3rd baseman for a # at best starter!! Beltran for almost nothing. Yankees paying us 5$ million to help with his salary. Having a great year and cant put a price on his experience. Tate was merely a project we took WAY too high and has only regressed. Beltran also helps after DH looked pretty weak with Prince and then Choo missing who knows how many games in the future. I know it hurts to Lose Brinson and Ortiz, but you have to think the Rangers plan on Bringing Desmond back so that helps ease the center field problem and then Ortiz was maybe gonna be a #3 eventually but still far away from being able to contribute. Just that for a Top 5 catcher in the league. And under our control for next season too. Huge upgrade over Chirinos and Bobby Wilson. Great bat and underrated ability to frame pitches which should assist out pitchers.The most overlooked was the reliever they brough in with a high 90s fastball and a sub 3 ERA. I know it's hard at times to see prospects go, but that's why you build a system, to have leverage to make big trades when you need them. Addressed 3 areas of need today. Relief in the bullpen, an extra DH/OF bat, and a catcher. Those you can't stand to let go you don't have to...that was seen today in JD's ability to swing both these trades without giving up Gallo, Mazara, or Profar. Lastly, I like the moves because it's a win now situation. Make these moves while Darvish is still under contract and guys like Beltre are still playing at a high level..

• Like 1

I salute the Rangers for their moves. This will make them very tough for the next few years. The downside is the lost prospects and the payroll now in the top 6-7 and going higher. Desmond is gonna take a ton to resign and the team is on the hook for Prince & Choo without much hope of getting full action from each. This is a move to win now, and as a fan you gotta love it. But there is a point this could get critical fairly quickly.

I'm not downing the move. Just analyzing it. I would love it as a fan. But if it busts you are in a bad spot. I'd say the Rangers are on par with the Indians now to win the pennant. If Darvish & Hammel stay healthy they will be tough to knock off

So did anything happen today? Lol ;) Rangers add 2 bats and a reliever without giving up Profar or Gallo? That's pretty slick dealing by JD. Haven't seen if Lucroy gave up his option for 2017 or not? That's what got the Indians deal rejected. Lucroy and Beltran makes this offense tough 1-9. Beltran helps cover Choo being out of the lineup for prolonged periods of time. Jeffress has 27 saves and a 2.22 era for the Brewers. You've got the makings of a bullpen now that can make this a 6 inning game. With the issues of the rotation this is huge. 2016 is set for a playoff push.

Looks like the Rangers are getting Beltran from the Yankees for pitchers Dillon Tate, Nick Green, and Erik Swanson.

Yankees will pay the rest of Beltrans salary.

#4 pick from 2015 draft. Some have Mendez already having surpassed Tate as a prospect.

1B Moreland

2B Odor

3B Beltre

SS Andrus

LF Profar

CF Desmond

RF Mazara

C Lucroy

DH Beltran

If Choo can stay healthy and there has been talk of having him DH to lessen the strain on his back, this is a deep team. Profar stays in his super sub role. Beltran has made 58 starts in RF for the Yankees. That kinda shocked me that he's played the field that much at 39. Banny can run out some very interesting line ups.

Jeffress throws a 100mph? Is this guy just a rental?

Under Rangers control until 2019.

JD does it again! He stuck close to his beliefs and didn't overpay for a Sale or Archer. Especially not someone like Matt Moore. I can't believe the Giants traded two top prospects AND their everyday 3rd baseman for a # at best starter!! Beltran for almost nothing. Yankees paying us 5$ million to help with his salary. Having a great year and cant put a price on his experience. Tate was merely a project we took WAY too high and has only regressed. Beltran also helps after DH looked pretty weak with Prince and then Choo missing who knows how many games in the future. I know it hurts to Lose Brinson and Ortiz, but you have to think the Rangers plan on Bringing Desmond back so that helps ease the center field problem and then Ortiz was maybe gonna be a #3 eventually but still far away from being able to contribute. Just that for a Top 5 catcher in the league. And under our control for next season too. Huge upgrade over Chirinos and Bobby Wilson. Great bat and underrated ability to frame pitches which should assist out pitchers.The most overlooked was the reliever they brough in with a high 90s fastball and a sub 3 ERA. I know it's hard at times to see prospects go, but that's why you build a system, to have leverage to make big trades when you need them. Addressed 3 areas of need today. Relief in the bullpen, an extra DH/OF bat, and a catcher. Those you can't stand to let go you don't have to...that was seen today in JD's ability to swing both these trades without giving up Gallo, Mazara, or Profar. Lastly, I like the moves because it's a win now situation. Make these moves while Darvish is still under contract and guys like Beltre are still playing at a high level..[/quote

I'm glad you mentioned the reliever. He could be a huge piece. Like last year we got Diekman along with Hamels.

• Like 1

Jeffress could very well be this years Diekman.

Jeremy Jeffress 2016 stats

Vs. lefties 89tbf .317ba .393obp

Vs. righties 101tbf .208ba .253obp

Situational

Bases empty 95tbf .284ba .337obp

Runner on base 95tbf .230ba .301obp

Runner in scoring position 51tbf .178ba .280obp

Speaking of Moore, the Rangers turned their attention elsewhere given the Rays‘ asking price on the lefty, per Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News (Twitter link). Texas would have needed to send not only Lewis Brinson and Luis Ortiz — each of whom were packaged to acquire Jonathan Lucroy and Jeremy Jeffress — but also Jurickson Profar, per the report.

No way Matt Moore was worth that.

If Martin doesn't want to take extra reps against solid competition, what's he telling management with his actions? He's a really good defender and I wish he could find consistency at the plate. i think deshields caught teams off guard this season, the league will figure him out I'm afraid. Not sure he can play a premium position everyday in the majors and make a career of it. I'd be open for getting rid of Moreland for something of equal value and let Gallo split time with Napoli and eventually take over for an aging Beltre.

Called it with DeShields. One summer wonder...

1st.- How much is Desmond gonna ask for and cost me?

2nd.- Brinson was your closest OF prospect beside Mazara. There's not a prospect there unless your going to teach Profar CF.

3rd.-What's the asking price for McCutcheon? Is it a Lucroy like deal?

The money is a little better now due to Prince's retirement to make a move or reinvest that money on guys already on the team? I'm not all in but if the price is right and you really believe your a World Series contender....I could be swayed.

What about Yu Darvish? He's a free agent after 2017. Do you resign him? Do you play out the season with him? Do you trade him so that you can at least get impact value sooner rather than later?